Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Not the tray, just the semi-circle that holds the eraser. If you look closely, you'll see it comes away from the tray. Ours get hammered - really impressed by the use they get Thanks
  2. There is this and it's only £15: SmartBoard Shop - Replacement Smart Board Pens and Erasers, Smart Boards, Cables Find on page: ERA-003
  3. In fact - it's not even the full tray we need. It's the plastic half circle where the eraser goes to hold it in place. That's the part we're missing. Thanks,
  4. It's a one of these: Not sure what model etc but it's plenty old.
  5. I'm looking for a pen tray for a SmartBoard - anybody think they could help me out? If so, I'll find out the exact model to see if it will work. Just wondered if anyone might have had an old one lying around.
  6. Really? I don't think Google has the power to do that? I thought you had to set up a Google shopping account, and it used that when you click buy.
  7. I always just thought it was about 'The basics of network management' rather than an actual product - never heard of it.
  8. Android market has a bit of a sale on today. You can get the full Minecraft app for a measly 10p, as well as some other paid apps. https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_timed_promotion&feature=banner#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDIwMSwibnVsbC10b3BfZmVhdHVyZWRfYXBwc19HQl9fMV9wcm9tb18xMzIzMjIwNDY3MjYzIl0.
  9. If I had a job going, and two candidates with exactly the same skill set/qualifications came in for it, the fact one was in work (even something unrelated to the position like a shelf stacker) would weigh heavily in their favour. It shows to me that even when times are hard you are willing to try anything to take up the slack. Get a part time job first, and things will start to slot into place Good luck.
  10. At ours it's HT ^ BM ^ NM ^ Techs
  11. I always invert the Y-axis - otherwise it feels strange. Everyone I know inverts it too, so maybe it's just you that doesn't invert it @DAZZD88
  12. I'll not be going this time. Attended 2011, and 2009, and personally I think it's a complete waste of time.
  13. Hi, Seem to be having a problem installing a KM 2300 DL to our print server. I've tried all the drivers available at KM and only one works - it prints straight away from the server but from a 32-bit XP client it sits in the queue saying 'printing' for about 5 minutes before eventually printing. Server is 32-bit, and having no issues with other printers. So, could someone please zip up their drivers for this model printer that they successfully use on 32-bit Server 2003 and attach them here? Thanks,
  14. I use a Jabra I was bought a few years ago, something similar to this: Play.com - Buy Jabra BT2050 Bluetooth Headset Drive Pack online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe! Does the job well for me.
  15. AFAIK it will be the next time that client connects after the schedule.
  16. Got the OSD part of SCCM configured. Just trying to figure out what the best way is to deploy an image to machines that are new to the network. With standard WDS it was just a case of pressing F12, entering the Admin password, and away it went. How is your SCCM setup for OSD?
  17. Well, that goes without saying don't ya think? Oh, and there'll be a £100 excess charge for any claims made, obviously.
  18. If you drop it in, unfortunately not. However, if the volcano erupts and breaks the device whilst on your person, then yes you can claim (if still on this earth to do so)
  19. And fourthly, considering it has a 'limited lifetime warranty' I don't think £5 is too bad. It's kind of like the deal you get at Argos where you get an extended warranty. "That's £2.99, would you like the extended warranty on this item? It's only £29.99 extra and covers you for everything except manufacturer faults, accidental damage, and freak monsoons"
  20. First, I didn't know you were religious. Second, using the Lords name in such a way is blasphemy. Thirdly, I highly doubt it was our good saviours fault.
  21. Sorry, just with the way it start @all​ it seemed like you meant everyone should do it that way
  22. Okaaaaay. Seems that the clients already believe they've sent the latest information to the server, probably because the old SCCM and new SCCM have the same computer name and site code. What is working is running a forced hardware inventory. It's telling the client "I don't care what you have already given me, I want it again" - this then seems to resync things. However, the problem lies in that I have ~300 to force a hardware inventory, and the only method I can find to do it with is this script: 'Reset SMS Hardware Inventory Action to force a full HW Inventory Action sInventoryActionID = "{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001}" ' Get a connection to the "root\ccm\invagt" namespace (where the Inventory agent lives) Dim oLocator Set oLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator") Dim oServices Set oServices = oLocator.ConnectServer( , "root\ccm\invagt") ' Delete the specified InventoryActionStatus instance oServices.Delete "InventoryActionStatus.InventoryActionID=""" & sInventoryActionID & """" 'Pause 3 seconds to allow the action to complete. wscript.sleep 3000 '###################################### 'Run a SMS Hardware Inventory Set cpApplet = CreateObject("CPAPPLET.CPAppletMgr") Set actions = cpApplet.GetClientActions For Each action In actions If Instr(action.Name,"Hardware Inventory") > 0 Then action.PerformAction End if Next This script works fine as a local admin user, or a network admin user, but when allocating it to all machines via GPO I get a permission denied error on this line: action.PerformAction So, it may be that this script needs tweaking, it may be that this script won't work and I need to find another method, but can somebody please help?!
  23. But that needs everyone in school to be on board with that procedure, which doesn't always work like that, especially in some schools. My guess is there isn't a 'one fits all' answer here.
  24. Discipline is not our area. I'd inform the teacher and ask how they want me to deal with it (i.e. block the account, website or whatever). I don't get paid enough to discipline students (read as in it's not my responsibility) unless I feel the matter needed immediate intervention (such as a safety issue like a fight breaking out in the corridor and I was the only staff member around) - in which case I'd only deal with it as long as required (i.e. being relieved by another member of staff).
  25. We'd be looking at the £300-£400 mark ex VAT. That figure would include the OS licence, and as we usually replace a laptop for a dud one we're covered anyway in terms of CALs and other licences.
×
×
  • Create New...