Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Can't see why not?
  2. Our staff teach the kids how to program in Dreamweaver, FrontPage, and Medi8tor here. What? They are programming languages! STFU, they ARE programming languages! They aren't? Well that's not what the staff have told me.
  3. Play.com have some fun cheap gadgets on there, free delivery
  4. Hightower

    A favour

    I was going to, but then I noticed Harry James Lowery and thought he looks like a winner. (kidding by the way, of course I voted for yours)
  5. Moodle will look up the accounts in AD and create where necessary, so it sounds to me that you haven't got your LDAP configured correctly.
  6. Guess tonight it's a trip to the John Hall Mall of 1000 Inbreds
  7. Friday is our footballers night out, and we have to go dressed festively. I want to go quite smart still, so no santa suits haha, so can anyone point me towards a nice christmasy jumper for the night out? I want to spend as little as possible as I'll likely only wear it once, but as smart as possible too. Thanks,
  8. Yep, but doesn't the screen on an S2 get called something like a Super AMOLED Plus - probably many different AMOLED screens out there, which are most probably being improved all the time, especially in the power consumption department.
  9. Also, I thought most battery is used by powering the screen, and with the work that seems to be put into screen development perhaps that's where the big energy saving comes in? Just a thought though, haven't seen anything like this anywhere.
  10. For example, one of them might be (haven't looked) 26 = L in the A so your answer would be 26 Letters in the Alphabet
  11. We had to arrange our Mortgage Promise (Decision in Principle) before we could formally put an offer in on a house, as the estate agents ask for a copy on making an offer (to make sure it's a legit offer)
  12. I use inches. I'm 6' 4", not 1.93 metres. I weigh 16 stone, not 101.6 kilos. Our SmartBoard's are 70" diagonal, the throw is 6' 6".
  13. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/86963-android-market-sale.html
  14. If the cable he has is ok, should he be able to buy some of these (EIGHTPIN DIN PLUG | Audio Connectors | Cables & Connectors) and fit them to the cable himself? Is that a fairly straight forward job?
  15. I think after a search these are 8-pin analogue control cables (plug/plug) Now just need to find a good price for them.
  16. Ok, thought I'd post this here as it's similar subject - saves starting a new thread. The cable used is having problems - it consists of 4 cables, a couple work, a couple don't. The teacher has tried soldering the ends in an attempt to fix, which worked for a couple of years but I think the cable has now had a look. So, has anyone got one of the following cables lying around they no longer need, or can any one point me to a new one (at a decent price obviously). Sorry, I don't know the name of the cable, so I attach photos. This is the block on the wall the cables plug into to connect to the lights This is the end that connects to the light amp (yes, that's what I'm calling it - basically the device to control the lights....... oh, light controller might have been better). This is the end that connects to the wall. The two ends are very similar as in number of pins, but as you might be able to tell have different connectors. EDIT: Sorry for quality of images - took on phone in a rush
  17. @Michael - I could kiss you, you beauty! I unticked the box for bi-directional printing on the print server, printed a test page from a client, and hey presto!
  18. Aye, I'll never get bored of your "in the pub" tweets - seem to be a daily occurrence
  19. @Bossman has provided a good link, but the music teacher hasn't got a requirement for two at the moment. I said to him to order a few spares but he said in his 7 years here this is the first time one has gone. Also, as there is an array of lights (not just one) it's not going to be the end of the world if a light is out for a performance.
  20. For all I never actually formally met you at any of the meetings, it was quite bizarre to find out you were attending all along. Had many chances to put a face to the name but was oblivious to the fact you attended. Take care in your journey mate, and hopefully I'll get a chance to put your face on your name in the future.
  21. Nah, nothing like that. But we can still be friends - have a friendship star. Not really, the school pays my wage regularly rather than per hour, so it's in my interests to save the school money wherever possible. It might seem like a small amount but the music department has a very small budget so every little helps. Plus, it's probably only taken me about 2 minutes tops to write all posts in this thread, and I wish I was on £5 per minute Nope, think you getting your wires crossed with me and @Andrew_C
  22. A tenner is about what he was expecting. It was the delivery costs that bump the price up he was against. Thanks @plexer - that's awesome. Sent him the link, can get on for just over a tenner delivered ex VAT, exactly what he was after. @j17sparky - where did I say a tenner is expensive? Somebody posted a link to a one for £15, plus £3 delivery, which is expensive. @plexer is the first to post a link to a sub £10 lamp with reasonable delivery costs.
  23. Like I say, the music teacher feels these prices are expensive.
  24. Well, I can find them by searching for T/11 bulb but apparently those prices are pretty expensive.
  25. We need a new bulb for one of the stage spotlights. It looks similar to this: 3000W quartz spotlight bulb products, buy 3000W quartz spotlight bulb products from alibaba.com But the numbers on ours are: T/11 240V 1000W C9VR Can't find one anywhere - any ideas?
×
×
  • Create New...