-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
It does that already - the "user deleted", "user deleted", "user deleted" dialogues were there when I was testing and forgot to revert it back. As for the profile reset it just delete the copy of the roaming profile on the server for that user. Then when the user logs on again it picks up the default profile from the server. Not sure how much this is used in a Vanilla network, but resetting profiles is a daily occurrance here with RM.
-
Some of you will be aware that we are moving away from RM and onto a Vanilla network. Out of worry of the 'little' tasks falling to me, I created a small application named ADMan. This is by no means meant as a replacement for all of RMMC's jobs, and I have no desire for it ever to be. It is meant as a nice simple tool to help carry out a few tasks that certain people don't have the appropriate skills to carry out on a Vanilla network. Anyhow, here's a quick 2 minute demo video. If anybody is interested in using this please drop me a line. ADMan Demo EDIT: I forgot to mention, click the blue boxes on the video to continue.
-
[windows software] MAK keys and test virtual machines
Hightower replied to googlemad's topic in Licensing Questions
I heard you have to phone Microsoft up for keys to be released. -
Mine's a diesel - says it all
-
When I said within 2 hours, I meant I was driving an Astra, not a Bugatti!
-
That's right on the 2 hour mark, according to Google Maps so that is within the distance. Price looks about right, and it has a playground so ticks all the boxes. Just sent them an email to see if they have availability
-
With it being a bank holiday, that site is going to cost £28 per night with EHU! No good I'm afraid
-
Okay, I want to get away on May 27th (Friday until Monday - 3 nights) with the missus and the dog. I'm sick of looking at UKCampsite, and other camp site search sites, so could someone please recommend me a campsite within a couple of hours (strictly) of Durham. Durham, Northumberland, Cumbria, North Yorkshire are all possibilities. I need a site that allows the dog, a big tent, and electric hookup for the tent (the missus would go crackers if she couldn't use her straighteners!). I don't want to pay top dollar either, and we prefer a quiet site. If there's a pub on site, or within walking distance that's a plus. Also, we might be joined by my brother, wife, and niece for one night so child friendly would be essential too. Any recommendations?
-
Here's my squad here. Only being playing Ultimate Team for a week or so, and it's only a bronze team Until I hammer it this weekend that is! FIFA Ultimate Team | EA SPORTS Football
-
WTF! A simple .trim() on the end of username fixed it - why wasn't this falling over for the first line then? Oh, do you think it might have the New Line from the end of the first line attached to the first element of the next line in the CSV? What a doyle I am!
-
I've just figured out, if I pass "randomstring" as username it works fine, so it must be something in the username field that is passed from CSV - will keep posted.
-
I am passing the username variable, here Private Sub AddUserToAD([b]ByVal username As String[/b], ByVal firstname As String, ByVal surname As String, ByVal password As String) P.S. The username variable is being passed properly, and is unique - I know this because I have omitted some code that updates display name etc and these work fine.
-
Ok, my head is frazzled. I have some code in VB.net (2010) that is supposed to create a user. It creates a user fine, but I also have a bulk add where it gets a list of CSV entries and loops through easy calling the function each time, passing the data in from each line of the CSV. This also works fine the first time, but for the 2nd row it fails with A device attached to the system is not functioning. I found it was the following line that caused the error, and commenting it out now added all the users to Active Directory without fail. de.Invoke("Put", New Object() {"sAMAccountName", username}) So can anyone tell me why this might be failing - my head is frazzled! Public Shared Function GetDirectoryEntry(Optional ByVal param As String = "") As DirectoryEntry ' Connect via LDAP to the server Dim dirEntry As New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://LDAPADDRESS/" + param) ' Setting these to nothing forces the application to use Windows credentials dirEntry.Username = Nothing dirEntry.Password = Nothing dirEntry.AuthenticationType = AuthenticationTypes.Secure ' Return the dirEntry so that other methods can use it Return dirEntry End Function Private Sub AddUserToAD(ByVal username As String, ByVal firstname As String, ByVal surname As String, ByVal password As String) Dim dirEntry As DirectoryEntry 'txtLocation.Text is the location in AD such as ou=Test,dc=DOMAIN,dc=internal dirEntry = clAD.GetDirectoryEntry(txtLocation.Text) Dim entries As DirectoryEntries = dirEntry.Children Dim de As DirectoryEntry = entries.Add("cn=" + username, "user") de.CommitChanges() Dim pass As String = password de.Invoke("SetPassword", pass) de.Invoke("Put", New Object() {"sAMAccountName", username}) de.CommitChanges() End Sub
-
Yeah, you should perhaps remove the single quotes from the number so if ($shirtquanity=='0') becomes if ($shirtquanity==0) That way you are telling PHP to expect a number instead of a string and thus it can better handle it. Also, I don't like single line if statements like if (x == y) { //do this } else { //do this } I prefer if (x == y) { //do this } else { //do this } Nothing wrong with your way, just personal preference. I find in my second example it's easier to read and find errors in the code, plus if you get paid per line.....
-
Jackman It looks a fun advert, but I don't like the suggestion that drinking liptop ice tea will make you God like, and be able to walk on water..... as a dedicated catholic I find it disgusting that this was allowed in the advert..... .... we all know that it's only alcohol that can make you walk on water
-
Missing a ; before the last }
-
Lydon And personally, I don't think that advert is bad with Mr Rotten in it. You can't get any more British than (arguably) one of the biggest british bands ever
-
can you not just use the key that should be on the sticker on the laptop?
-
I've tried adding a namespace, and then a new folder called Staff. The staff folder has targets of \\S1\Staff and \\S2\Staff, but when I browse to DOMAIN.Internal\DFSRoot I only see the folders that are present on S1, not those that are on S2.
-
Let's say we have two servers, 1 & 2. Server 1 has a H: drive which hosts all staff accounts and some student accounts. Server 2 has a H: drive which hosts the rest of the student accounts. Is it possible to set up DFS so that when I browse to \\DOMAIN.internal\\DFSRoot\ it will show all the folders from server 1 and server 2, in one location. Is that what DFS does, or do I have the wrong idea of it? I don't want the files to be replicated from one server to the next, just a location that is a 'shortcut' if you like to all the files/folders on both servers. I'll explain why I want this for better understanding. I have a GPO which redirects AppData. I can't put in the redirection entry "\\server1\AppData\%username%" because the accounts on server 2 will not work properly then. So I thought by being able to put "\\DOMAIN.internal\DFSRoot\AppData\%username%" it will find the correct server for where those files are. Is this not how DFS works? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
-
P.S. Do you use the FIFA website? I've found that my dinner times have been spent sorting my team out of late - it's great that I can manage it over the internet.
-
Aww, never! My brother has played it since the dawn of time, and he gave me 6 gold cards (traded him for rubbish bronze cards) last night. Only have a bronze team, but starting to save up my pennies and try and get a decent silver team. It'll be alright if I can get a full gold squad of freebie's that people no longer want.
-
Anybody playing Ultimate Team on FIFA 11? I've just started getting into it this week (along with Gran Turismo - what a game!) and I think it's awesome. It makes you think about it more than the plain old manager mode because you have the whole chemistry, and then with contracts running out left right and centre you really have to plan. Anybody been going on it a while and have some spare gold cards they no longer want?
-
Does it? I'm making no plans here to move to IPv6. Would have thought it only had to be done on equipment that faces the outside world directly. Because our clients don't, they can continue to use IPv4 addresses.
