Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Alright, take another look here (Slim Jims) and download the setup file again. I've updated the software which now has the option of adding a change password button to the application. This is completely optional though, so if you want to enable the feature please run the setup and then read the INSTALL.txt. Enabling is a simple 3 step process, hopefully. I've tested here, but please feedback to me on how this works at your place. (A comment or two on my site wouldn't go a miss either )
  2. Yeah, when I was writing it a couple of weeks ago I looked into how to display the change password box but never came across anything. Suppose I could create a custom form and do it all myself, a bit like how RM does it. May take another look at it today.
  3. Has anybody heard Wasting Light yet? Sounds fantastic and can't wait to see them in July! Also, anyone planning on going to see Back and Forth at the cinema tomorrow night? I would, but have a football game so guess I have to wait for the DVD, but I also heard VH1 might be showing it in a fortnight.
  4. Alright, a brand new install of XP SP2, and the roaming profile is uploading to the server on first logoff. Must have changed something pretty important in my image, so guess I'll try rebuilding my image and trying again!
  5. I forgot the workstations also had a policy applied. I have since removed the link to this GPO and now it seems profiles are no longer uploading at all. Where as before, it was the second logoff when it uploaded, now I've tried 3 restarts/logons/logoffs and still nothing has uploaded. The only thing that this GPO was doing (other than basics like removing last logged on user from logon box) was delprof.exe on startup. EDIT: Scratch that, the profile got uploaded on the 3rd try. Going to try a brand new XP install from scratch to rule out the OS.
  6. Also, I've just removed any custom GPO's from the users (such as my staff GPO) and tested again. It's still doing it, so it rules out any changes I've made in GPO. Stumped, well and truly!
  7. The only member is guest
  8. Doesn't look like it. Looks like a normal profile is created locally on the machine, but doesn't get uploaded. Then they logon to a 2nd machine, another profile is created locally but this time when they log off it does get uploaded - only seems to be the very first time they logon. Nope, accounts are members of the Domain Users group & a group I created called staff with a few things changed in GPO (backgrounds etc).
  9. Can I give this a bump - it's really quite strange. Just created a new user, logged onto Machine A, logged off - no profile uploaded to server. Then logged same user onto Machine B, logged off - profile uploaded. It's almost as if the user has to logon/logoff once before it's realised that the profile should be uploaded to the server.
  10. If anybody wants something similar, take a look here. SJLogoff I wrote it a few weeks ago for our new Vanilla network. Simply does the logging off, as well as providing the user with the currently logged on user, computer name, and IP address.
  11. In a previous life we used to use recycled toner cartridges, and a couple of times I had to take the chip off one toner to get the toner working on another, so yes, I would possibly say there's "something not quite right"
  12. I have a top of the range Standard Dell USB Keyboard and the ever so classy Standard Dell USB Mouse. Don't see the need in anything better than what came shipped - it's not like I need ultra precision, and money spent upgrading these is money wasted for the rest of the school.
  13. The reason they probably don't do the hookup for tents is the caravan pitches are likely to be hardstanding. I would hate to pitch my tent on the hardstanding pitches.
  14. I doubt it. There's nothing in Event Viewer saying that the profile failed to upload. It's a VM, and the host didn't drop the network so I have no reason to believe the VM would. It's almost as if it doesn't have a profile location set in AD, until the machine restarts and then as if it says "oh, I should be storing my profile there"
  15. I've tried with multiple users, if you mean 'was this a one off'
  16. Strange one, on our new network I'm tinkering with roaming profiles. This is what is happening. 1) Logon as new user 2) Play about a bit, logoff. No profile uploaded to server 3) Logon as same user again, logoff, no profile uploaded to server 4) Restart machine 5) Logon as same user once more, logoff, profile gets uploaded. I've checked the before/after permissions and owner of the server profile location, and nothing is changing so it doesn't appear to be permissions related. Anybody come across this before?
  17. If that doesn't work, try a /f trigger too on the end
  18. I was wanting to do France this summer for a fortnight, but looking at it I might just do 2 or 3 weeks in the UK. France can wait until next year.
  19. Phoned up, but the fella said they are "chocka" (his word!) that weekend. Definately in my bookmarks of campsites to visit though. Phoned up, and they can accomodate us. Pubs/Grub houses 100 yards away, plenty of walks nearby, exactly what we wanted - at £15 per night including EHU it's a bargain. Thanks Jax!
  20. That's only for small tents, so no good I'm afraid Stayed here last year. I enjoyed it, but I want to leave this camp site for the warmer weather (July/August) so I can make use of the pool! Seems to only have EHU for caravans £3 to take the dog per night?! Phoning them up now! Think this is definately a one for the future!
  21. Found by Harry Hill - seen it loads on a Saturday night on You've Been Framed
  22. Just found a Ripley campsite in Harrogate, and at £21.50 for a night with EHU and the dog, it's around our price mark. Have you been to this one (or anyone else been to this one for that matter?)?
  23. Just had email off them, and they only do 5-night minimum stays, so no good. Will definately give it a look over summer, but now I need another suggestion please.
  24. It creates the files when the user is created in AD, before the logon. As soon as you click create, it creates the folder structure for that user and then pops them into AD. Man, you are desperate to get your hands on my source
  25. There is no link yet, I'm giving it a good test on my network before I release anything, but hopefully it will be ready to roll this week. Already found a couple of bugs through my testing so need to iron these out, and glad I didn't give a download link while these bugs still existed!
×
×
  • Create New...