-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
Yep, only pointed it out as I knew you were getting to grips with PHP and thought it was handy to understand why one might choose the first bit of mentioned code over your code
-
But @cromertech is probably going to want to use $teamid elsewhere in the script so far better move it into an easier to reference variable than $_GET['teamid'] everytime he needs it.
-
Also, 935,767 divided by 263 (people years) gives us: 3558 lines of code per person, per year. 3558 divided by 46 (assuming average number of weeks a full time person works per year) = 77 77 divided by 37 (assuming average hours worked per week) = 2.08 That means that this calculator is based on each person writing just over 2 lines of code per hour. I really hope I've done my maths correctly here, and if I have I must also correctly assume that this project is using 'coding tortoises' to complete the work
-
// This is my first line of code // This is line 3 // I love whitespace!
-
I like this bit on the home page from the OP: [h=2]Project Cost[/h][TABLE=width: 100%] [TR=class: prolog] [TD=colspan: 2]This calculator estimates how much it would cost to hire a team to write this project from scratch.[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Include[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #E0E0E0] Markup And Code Markup Only Code Only [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Codebase[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #E0E0E0]935,767 LOC[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Effort (est.)[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #E0E0E0]263 Person Years[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Avg. Salary[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #E0E0E0]$/year[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: #D0D0D0, colspan: 2]$14,491,682[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] http://www.ohloh.net/images/more_at.gif coreboot, updated 13 Jul 2011 $14.5m is the estimated cost!!!! Is that a joke?!
-
Because maybe it's about money, rather than vision. Because maybe, some schools would rather spend that tough to find grand or two on some much needed new hardware than licences.
-
Can't see why visual basic express edition won't run on your network - just open the software restrictions up for the software to run...
-
To be fair, I don't know exactly what a billion or trillion is without googling. I know a million has 6 zeroes, and if I win that much I can take up golf full time - can't see a use for knowing what a billion or trillion definition is.
-
This one here: Enterprise Support - Symantec Corp. - When trying to install Backup Exec Remote Agent, Windows reports error "1719 The Windows Installer service could not be accessed" Tried the resolution, didn't work. Also tried this here: Enterprise Support - Symantec Corp. - When trying to uninstall or repair the Backup Exec Remote Agent, Windows reports error - "1719 The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"
-
Do you guys "share" your staff / Student home drives?
Hightower replied to burgemaster's topic in General Chat
This method creates the home folder fine for each user, but creates nothing in the profile folder location. Any quick way to setup profiles? -
That's BS that is mate. We all know you drive a reliant robin - they won't make 90mph
-
Shared on server, allocated through GPP, managed through Impero.
-
This one is quite valid to me - it reminds me that it's not just a private folder and that others might be using the data within it.
-
A little while ago I opened up a DVD player to fix the drive band on the drawer. I'd been on the shandy's since 6pm and it was about 11pm when I did it, so wasn't exactly sober. I unplugged it to work on it, but then plugged it in to test with the hood still off..... the drawer worked a treat but in my excitement I caught something with my hand on the inside - it threw me back into the chair and I spent the rest of the night wondering if my heart was going to stop.
-
Just tried installing our BE 12.5 onto Server 2008 R2, and it doesn't like it. After much searching it seems that 12.5 doesn't work on 2008 R2 (the media server at least, remote agent is supported). Have I got this right? If so, looks like an upgrade to 2010 is inevitable - only bought these licences a couple of years ago - didn't expect them to be extinct so quickly.
-
Or, create a LAMP server within a VM and make it available (browsable) to everyone. Then add an FTP server for kids to upload their stuff (or possible even an SMB server share). EDIT: Or if you are adamant on using the teaching machine, share the folder that the WAMP server uses and map this to the kids. Then control access to everyones folders using NTFS permissions as usual - this should do the trick. Then kids can just copy their files across to the mapped drive.
-
Apparently they've already caught him. He was said to be "all shook up" at the time.
-
We have one at our school too, being a technology college (at the time when we got it). It cost about £26k I believe, and is now being run as a radiator as DT can't afford to run it. I think a fan went once and the supplier tried to charge £120 to replace it - the DT tech bought a normal case fan for a computer for a few bob and that did the trick.
-
Really? Because I could have sworn they took part in both the practices on Friday, the practice on Saturday, and the qualifying on Saturday - surely that will give them some understanding about fuel consumption levels?
-
McLaren's downfall yesterday was the failing to turn the wheel nut the right way on JB's car, and failing to give LH enough juice to see him to the end of the race. This is school boy stuff and should simply not happen. The FIA might have messed things up but they only have themselves to blame for yesterdays result.
-
Yet you want to run games on it.....
-
Not sure about the question/answer, but I know that I would have set up the server OS on a VM.
-
Surely it should be the 'big cracking scandel' instead of hacking. What is the difference between hacking and cracking http://www.geek.com/forums/topic/hacking-and-cracking
-
We ordered ours from: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 ,1GB,16GB, Android - Misco.co.ukOrdered on Friday last week, was with us on Tuesday.
-
We just received our Asus Transformer and I am extremely impressed by it - great bit of kit!
