Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

actech

Members
  • Posts

    200
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by actech

  1. Sounds good especially for those students doing senior computing that can't afford to buy the same versions we are using at school!
  2. Mmm, really got to pull finger out and have a look at win7 me thinks!
  3. Until they forget the password. Is there any way to set an administrator over-ride??
  4. We use the the expected year of graduation, underscore, surnamefirstinitial. So for a kid graduating this year 09_bloggsj. as far as i know there has only been one instance in 4 years that caused an issue where there was twins with the same first initial. this was resolved by adding middle initial as well.
  5. As a general rule of thumb no teachers have access to student home folders, except in the case of IT teachers if they need to see students digital work. Even then they have to request the Principal who makes the decision with me.
  6. We don't have any yet, but I have been asked by the Principal to investigate options. We never would have done this in the past for the same reason kmount mentioned but now we have print quotas for students (which they have to pay for) it is not as much of a concern.
  7. I would love someway of easily getting them down here. A mug definitely and wouldn't mind a good lanyard too!
  8. That's alright, I thought I was missing something (wouldn't be the first time)
  9. Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. There is no 'online' option in the Apache monitor if that is what you mean. In any case why is IIS asking for authentication?
  10. I have a problem with a web server that I have set up. It is Server 2003 that had IIS (which was removed) and then I installed WAMP. I can access it perfectly from inside the network, but if I try and access it from home I get a popup box asking for a username & password (for which none of my passwords work) and then an error referring to IIS pops up (attached below). Does anyone have any ideas? I have checked the firewall and all portforwarding for 80 is fine.
  11. I'm based in QLD too, and am both a techie and a teacher (ironically I teach Industrial Skills more than ICT). I hope that this forum gets more aussies on here as it is a great way to share and help!
  12. I'm with PEO, what do they really need it for at school? Our policy is that unless staff can prove to me (and the Principal) that a website has a justifiable educational use I won't allow access.
  13. I wouldn't do it in case there may be privacy issues with students seeing other's grades. Even if you did do it how would you go about having the grades only display when they are in that class and not others?
  14. Depends how much you love your computer I suppose:eek: (and no I don't!)
  15. Looks good! Don't know if is just me or not but the header in IE7 reads Bishopsgarth School Maths & Computing College Not sure if the & is supposed to be there
  16. I put the edugeek joomla on our intranet site with no issues at all. The original reason I set up the wamp server was for moodle. The only extra thing I had to enable for that was ladp module in php as we use ladp authentication for logging into moodle.
  17. I was under the assumption that it appends the disclaimer to the email on the way out of the system. I can't say however whether it will do that if the student exchange is just using the staff exchange as the gateway to the net. I would just try installing it to the staff server and run a few tests to see what happens. If possible could you post the results here?
  18. http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/big/bbq2.gif http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/drinkers/drunk22.gif http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/eventsnpeople/party-smiley-050.gif http://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/images/smilies/fireworks.gif http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/zzsoft.gif Let's see. BBQ with family, then drinks with friends, off to the town party with fireworks, and lastly pass out in bed!
  19. I made up this document when I was doing the same as you. I did it the same way as you want, installing each component individually, checking as I go. I would also recommend you install PHPMyAdmin, as it makes managing the MySQL a lot easier. Hope it helps! Web Server Install Guide.pdf
  20. Exchange 2003 is what I'm running.
  21. Sorry, My mistake. basically you edit the 'eventsinkscript.vbs' file on lines 3&4 to add what you want to say in the disclaimer. There are two, one for html emails and one for plain text. Once you have changed it to suit your situation just place it somewhere on your email server and run the disclaim batch file. If worst comes to worst there is also a batch 'undisclaim' that reverses the action. It is a handy script and I can't take credit for the creation of it. It was amongst a collection of tools & scripts that was left on the server by another tech.
  22. All yours, instructions are in there! AddDisclaimerToExchange.zip
  23. I have our system (exchange 2003) set up so that we have a standard disclaimer added to all outbound emails, regardless of the user. That way we guarantee that it is attached. If anyone wants a copy of the script let me know
  24. I did see that in the manual but we run HDGuard on all student machines so any local changes/installs would be lost on restart so didn't see the point.
  25. That's got it, thank-you. Seems that the instructions aren't quite right!
×
×
  • Create New...