Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jamiesev

Members
  • Posts

    49
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jamiesev

  1. Hi, Please forgive me as I know this question has been asked before but I would like some more up to date stats. Could you please let me know what your ratio of IT bods to students are in your school please? We currently have around 550 students and two IT Bods (1x IT Manager 1x IT Tech). Thank you for your replies!
  2. When I launched our Moolde installation (moodle.kingarthurs.org.uk) I had to purchase a subdomain from our providor. It maybe worth checking with your domain providor if you need to do the same as at the moment you only have redirects setup....
  3. just a quick note to you all that where interested to say the upgrades were a complete success! Had some minor issues with Windows Updates after but refreshing the CA solved this. If any of you have any questions give me a shout!
  4. The other way of doing this is to remote manage the computer via MMC, give the usb a new drive letter and then you can access via the start menu, run \\computername\(assigned drive letter)$ Simplez!
  5. Same as above but would love to get it working properly!
  6. I am, can I help?
  7. You may also want to check what you have screwed the board onto. We had a similar problem with an old porta cabin as there were still rods behiind the wall that one of the screws was touching. Rapping the screw ends with electrical tape solved the problem. You may also want to run the usb cable through a powered usb hub as this solved the issue in another school I worked in.
  8. yes they all seem to check out ok. I tried logging against one of the IPs and the rule never shows up so somewhere along the line ISA is disregarding it.........
  9. sadly I have yes, also restarted the server and MSfirewall service just incase the rule wasn't applying
  10. I have checked all of the IPs and they are the same as when I setup the computer set in ISA. I have also tried a static IP as the same thought went through my head! I have also installed the old 2004 ISA client on the machines but to no avail
  11. You can set this up by using the 2007 adm files. They can be downloaded from the MS website
  12. I have been using ISA 2006 as our web proxy for a few months now via a single nic config. I have filtering setup for differnt ou's (staff and students etc). I have setup computer sets in ISA with the thought of making up a rule to disable the internet to that room via a shcedule for a set period of tiime. Sadly I cannot get the rule to work so after two days of head scratching I thought I would ask to see if anyone on here has managed to get a rule like this to work, and if so how! Thanks!!!
  13. 7gb on one dc and 17gb on the other
  14. Hi Ben, yes there are 64 bit so it should be viable to do an inplace upgrade......
  15. Hi All, I am researching upgrading my two DCs from 2003 R2 to 2008 over the April holidays. I was wondering if any of you have already done this and if so how did it go? Are there any "hidden dangers"? Thanks!!
  16. I would highly recommend Papercut. We have been using it here for 4 years now and it's never let us down
  17. We had It's Learning at my previous school. The system is ok, but was not noted for being stable. On quite a few occasions we could not login. You will find when you view the system that it is very good at what it does, but it I would say personally speaking that it would be useful in middle schools but for secondary education it can be somewhat lacking. The features can be rather basic and setting it up is very time consuming. The layout is pretty basic so it wouldn't keep the studnets attention. The email facility only allows you to email within the It's learning enviroment, which to me seems kind of pointless! This is of course my own personal view and you may find the system to be perfect for your school!
  18. have you tried cleaning the fuser wire? Also check that the rolers are clean
  19. wow this job sounds really good! It seems you have allot of technology at the school, can you give me any more info.....
  20. jamiesev

    xp sp3 wsus

    I have rolled it out to one machine in each IT suite to see what happens. Installation was smooth, if not a little slow! Will give it a week and then maybe roll it out to one room for further testing
×
×
  • Create New...