-
Posts
307 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Kingstech
-
@TechSupp I don't have a plan if our school so that might be a problem for me.
-
@DrCheese I don't have a mac book spare.
-
@glennda I will take a look thanks.
-
@timbo343 I will give this ago tomorrow when at work.
-
@TechSupp how did you get on with that one? Did you have a map that you imported?
-
I've got a windows 8 acer W700 and I'm looking for a program that i can do a wireless network survey at my school. Does anyone have a program or know of a app that would show wireless signal strengths?
-
This sounds like a power supply problem. Sounds like the PSU is not allowing enough power through. Maybe worth testing with a different PSU.
-
The tablets that I've seen with usb ports only have 1 port on them. I've only had to use a hub once when I upgraded the os to windows 8 pro. I never use a usb keyboard as I have the bluetooth keyboard on it. And never use a mouse as it's touch screen.
-
The Acer w510 has a atom processor and it runs ok. The good thing with it is you have a keyboard that you can attach to it that turns it into a netbook.
-
Another good thing with the W700 is its got a usb port. I use ms one note on mine for meeting notes and it syncs with my skydrive so I have it on my office pc as well.
-
How about looking at the Acer W700. The screen is a little bit bigger than a ipad but it runs windows 8 pro so it will connect to the domain. The ones we got cable with a case that has a built in bluetooth keyboard so it can be used as a tablet or like a laptop.
-
@truebluesteve thanks. We have had ours for about 3years I think. I will look into it and see how much it is.
-
@plexer thanks for that. I will look into getting our fluke recalibrate.
-
Do the network testers that produce the certificates need to be calibrated? I know that PAT testers and electrical testers need to be calibrated because I send the ones I've got off every year but didn't know about network testers.
-
I've not got any qualifications for installing data cables but I install new cables and relocate data cables for the college I work at. Never had any problems.
-
In my office we are using windows 7. I'm looking at maybe going to windows 8 on my office pc. We have got windows 8 tablets for the support engineers. I'm loving using the tablet with windows 8. Our front of class computers are old and running win xp. We have got new windows 7 laptops for teachers, so the front of class computers are going to be taken out soon. Soon the whole college will be running windows 7. With touch screen devices running windows 8.
-
I have just got mine to work with the imail settings but it won't connect to Gmail so it can download my contacts and calendar.
-
Would you be able to email me the help file is i pm you?
-
This sounds like a real good program. Sounds like it works well.
-
My email address [email protected]. This is how I log in to the website aswell.
-
We have got an Aruba system at my school. We have 2systens, one which is controller based and a new system which is there Aruba instants. These are good as you don't need a controller, it's all done on a virtual controller. What's you location?
-
When I try and add Gmail it says incorrect details but I know the details are correct.
-
I can't get the mail app to work with anything other than, exchange server and Hotmail/outlook.com. I keep trying Gmail and it never works. Has anyone else had this problem?
-
We use a brother p touch printer to print our serial numbers as bar codes and also we print the computer name to stick on the top of the PC plus we put one on the back.
-
I have got a Acer w700 tablet with windows 8 pro on it and was wondering if any one had a script to set the proxy when I am at school and to set no proxy when I am at home or somewhere else that doesn't need a proxy.
