Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Kingstech

Members
  • Posts

    307
  • Joined

Everything posted by Kingstech

  1. This is My 1st year going to Bett at its current location. I went a few years ago. So i have a couple of questions. How is it best to get to Excel from Victoria station? Does Excel have a wireless network or is it individual stands that has it? Thanks in advance. Sorry if the questions have been asked before.
  2. Thanks, i will have a look.
  3. How did you get 3 different backgrounds on you different monitors?
  4. I was wondering if anyone know's what the best software would be to conduct a wireless survey on a Windows 8.1 tablet? Thanks in Advance
  5. I know this is old but is there any thought on a windows 8 app? I have the Android app and think it is great but i think a windows 8 app would work well when using my Tablet or office PC.
  6. Thanks guys. The document is meant to be a form with about 5 pages on it but can only view the 1st page.
  7. I have been sent a document to open but it is a .exr file. Does anyone know how to open it?
  8. Ive been using gmail for things but recently started using outlook.com which I find is great. Main reason for it is because of moving to windows 8 on my tablet and desktop pc plus laptop. Im going to look into having my own email if I can get one cheap enough.
  9. Thanks for that. I thought it was the case but thought I would ask.
  10. Hi I was wondering if anyone could help. I've got a BT vision box and was wondering if I would be able to use it as just a Freeview plus box with out it being connected to the internet? Thanks in advance.
  11. I've pulled 16 at once before. The run was about 50m. It was easy to pull them in the roof space. I was running 2cables to each point.
  12. Hi all, Thanks for the information. Not seen pre terminated fibre before. As it's only a shortish run (about 30m) we are going to go with pre terminated fibre. With regards to the patch panel for it, do you need anything special? Or will a standard panel be ok?
  13. @m25man would you be able to pm me the details of the contractor please? Where are they based?
  14. How does that work @plexer? I've never seen them before.
  15. Hi we are looking at companies that do fibre termination in Devon. We need to run a new fibre cable between 2 cabs but can't terminate it. Does anyone know of any good contacts? Thanks in advance
  16. I think it all depends on what the Area codes are in the new town your moving to and if the number set up is the same.
  17. Thanks @stevehill06. I will take a look.
  18. Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any IT jobs in the Devon Area? Sorry if this is in the incorrect place. Thanks in advance.
  19. Another one for the W700. We have bought them for our PE department. They seem to be very good. It comes with a micro HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to a projector. We also have them in the IT Support office. I like it because you can have full version of office on it. I think it will be nice when windows 8.1 is released.
  20. I've got 2new it suites that I've got to wire up over the summer. Most of it will be done by me with very little help.
  21. We currently have 2 testers, both Seaward, one is a europer plus which is ok but getting out of Date now. We don't use it much anymore. The other one is a primetest 350. Seaward have just brought out a new tester which is in line with the new code of practice version 4. I think the best thing to do is get yourself the new code of practice book. I can pm you some links tomorrow if you like, and a couple of contacts.
  22. We have got a hdmi over cat5 extender that was installed in April. Will find the make of it tomorrow and let you know. It's brilliant piece of kit.
  23. We use one of these as well. I tend to take the hoover and a small paint brush with me when cleaning filters.
  24. Has anyone done any of this course? https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-686
  25. I found out what the problem i was having. It was because i was tacking the box that said about adding the calender and your contacts. Then i found out there was a update for the mail app which then removed that setting. Mine is all working fine now.
×
×
  • Create New...