Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

coolhands

Members
  • Posts

    326
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coolhands

  1. Interesting as I’ve had one recently that causes sims to crash. I will check it out in more detail tomorrow.
  2. Just to let you or others who search know, our student emails are set as Work, Main=Yes, Primary=Yes and parent email contacts are set as Home, Main=Yes, Primary=Yes (and also Parental Responsibility is ticked and InTouch Communication is ticked) we don't have any problems and do use Intouch as well as WONDE for other platforms.
  3. Mine only hangs if I click in the ‘teachers’ section, from the 3 little bars top right. It never manages to load the page and gets stuck. But it does that on a pc too so is not ipad specific! The main initial page loads ok for me.
  4. I’m admin and can log in on my iPad with no problem? I haven’t any suggestions though, sorry. could it be a pop ups issue ie a setting on the iPad itself? I use safari not chrome. I would at least make sure popups etc are allowed for the classcharts website, I notice it does help on some platforms.
  5. Sally, I thank you for your help however I am still going to document here that the entire thing is a shambles, for anyone else that happens to be going round in circles and comes across this thread. (Please do not respond cos I am absolutely sick of this type of thing and politely do not want a follow up) Thanks to you I have been able to register for the 'service-now' website which has the following url: (https://ppgsl.service-now.com/now/nav/ui/home). But as an example of the awful logistics of whoever manages this stuff, in the welcome email received after I've just registered it gives the message below and as you can see it gives the help.parentpaygroup link - this is NOT the link to the website I have just registered for!? that's what I mean by madness. I experimented and here's what is crazy. I can log into the help.parentpaygroup website using my original login for that, or the new login created for the ppgsl website (service-now). However I can only log into the ppgsl website with the new username and password. In what world does that make sense? The servicenow website appears to not contain anything anyway other than the occasional link that leads there hence the need for a login eg this one was posted previously https://ppgsl.service-now.com/now/nav/ui/classic/params/target/kb_view.do%3Fsysparm_article%3DKB0013909 Hello [coolhands], you have now successfully completed registration for our Support Portal. Please use the following credentials to access the portal for all your support requirements: https://help.parentpaygroup.com/
  6. hi I sent a message thanks
  7. It's a pretty crap platform and always has been. eg If you click on the admin teachers section it takes minutes to load and page is unresponsive for ages
  8. Is anyone else going mad trying to log in to the various platforms it's driving me f*cking crazy. One link from user SIMS_Customer_Support ('sally') on here, points to https://ppgsl.service-now.com/ which is apparently 'servicenow' and is impossible to log into - despite it knowing who I am as I can see from requesting the verification code it correctly knows my email. No code is ever received. Go and log in to https://help.parentpaygroup.com/ which I am able to, want to start a new 'case' relating to SIMS, yet when starting a new case it only offers Parentpay in the dropdown 'brand' and Payments below that ie you can't select any other product to start a case about? (even though that site has knowledgebase for SIMS etc ie not just parentpay as we know it) Sick of this crap I spend hours doing complete toss to get nowhere
  9. oh my god this is the type of thing I can't deal with,.what the hell is wrong with the people making these systems? there's just no excuse for it. Unless the "School Administrator" Alistair mentions is sufficient (or maybe some other roles as someone else mentions). Surely making one customised role that you can save and then use for <whoever> is an obvious want (unless I'm misunderstanding, and that can be done) I don't understand the MS Entra Conditional Access Rule(s) discussed above but can google SSO be used for google schools? From the discussion, is the problem that you can't prevent eg temp staff accessing arbor from outside school?
  10. according to whichmis they only have 0.4% of the market. For me I only want to go mainstream which has to mean sims, arbor or bromcom. Integris and scholarpack are being moved onto arbor so they'll be gone. That way it's much easier to find if you can / can't / how to do something (eg like write report or whatever) and not be left on your own.
  11. as per I posted on the other thread, the below might help (as their sites are such a confusing mess) For future ref there seems to be similar, but not all accessible, portals below. many help pages or links you come across go to the dud sites: https://help.parentpaygroup.com/csm I can access this one and submit tickets (they are ignored though) https://support.parentpaygroup.com/ (just shows nothing and says 'security constraints prevent access to required page') https://customer.support-ess.com/ lots of help pages direct here, but can't access says 'User name or password invalid' https://parentpaygroup.zendesk.com/ (at least I can see my old tickets here, thank god)
  12. Why are your 'help' portals all over the place, see above.
  13. 'scuse my French what the f**k is wrong with this ****** company? Their new support portal is b****cks, you can't log in to many links you find, even thought the portals all sound similar. My tickets I managed to submit 2 weeks ago have been unanswered. They really are the lowest of the low. For future ref there seems to be similar, but not all accessible, portals below. many help pages or links you come across go to the dud sites: https://help.parentpaygroup.com/csm I can access this one and submit tickets (they are ignored though) https://support.parentpaygroup.com/ (just shows nothing and says 'security constraints prevent access to required page') https://customer.support-ess.com/ lots of help pages direct here, but can't access says 'User name or password invalid' https://parentpaygroup.zendesk.com/ (at least I can see my old tickets here, thank god) t*****s
  14. Getting ready again to do it again this year 👋 parentpay still utter shite also they’ve made new helpdesk login which is impossible to login to depending on what link you click so that’s fun too! when is retirement….
  15. (SIMS server) The various WONDE reports which run and are uploaded - does it create them as a csv and then upload them and if so where does it put them? I can't find any. We currently have an issue where our apps (eg seneca or GL-assessment or whatever) are not being updated. WONDE tell me the reports are running but they are being queued on our server for some reason ie not getting through. But I would at least like to see them, so where are they?
  16. SIMS intouch problem confirmed. Don't know if this would affect classcharts KB0056702 Service status - Intouch - The remote server returned an unexpected response: (502) Bad gateway error • 35m ago35 minutes ago • 52 Views28/11/2024 09:37: We are aware of an issue impacting availability of InTouch this morning. Affected sites will see the following error The remote server returned an unexpected response: (502) Bad gateway error when going to Tools| Intouch| Service Setup and clicking test Affected schools will receive an "Unexpected response 502 bad gateway" when testing InTouch services within SIMS, with inbound and outbound messages not processing as expected. screenshot below
  17. Release a patch but make sure it doesn't work with the Autumn release
  18. SIMS Intouch is down so probably an ESS problem in this particular case?
  19. Yeah I applied the patch, and am not updating to autumn until they also fix that version.
  20. Not sure Parentpay product could get much worse, (missync haha) I’m 99% sure I won’t notice any difference as the rare occasion I have to contact them it takes a few days to get an answer of sorts anyway.
  21. Damn why does my sims support company not tell me that patch is released? If I wasn’t on various forums and facebook I wouldn’t know jack shit
  22. Still got problems, many teachers complaining of registers not being saved etc. plus same in admin, changes to fsm result in spinning wheel and some crashing etc. very poor from ess
  23. Oh dear. We can’t brow-beat Scomis / Devon county council so we’re going to fear monger you customers instead. Way to go! I think I’ve had it with ESS / SIMS now, and am starting to think about future migration, even though I’ve been reluctant due to my own familiarity with sims.
  24. They need to bloody well get on with it. I’ve got various teachers still have various deadlock / crashing them out problems, it’s ridiculous. Who else in their job could take a few weeks to solve a problem? Yes sorry boss, I’ll get back to you….in a month or two
  25. Can someone just tell me though, which one for secondary school arbor or bromcom. Surely one is better than the other in general terms for secondary and I’d rather not listen to all the sales nonsense.
×
×
  • Create New...