Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jaminben

Members
  • Posts

    640
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jaminben

  1. Agreed, but those basic settings are the ones I want to keep. I also don't know what was done to the original image/profile and what settings would be lost if I changed the mandatory profile.
  2. As far as I'm aware the profile contains all the changes made to the captured image (custom changes). When a user logs onto the machine for the first time are those changes not copied to that users profile? If this is the case would an older profile not contain those changes. Also if I changed the mandatory profile to use the newer profile taken from the newly captured image would it not loose any custom changes made to the old image thus breaking various components in the old image?
  3. I assumed it would possibly break something in the old image... would this not be the case?
  4. Hi, I'm still learning how to build and capture an image so you'll have to excuse me if this a silly question. Here's my procedure so far (using Hyper-V, MDT 2012 & SCCM 2012): 1. MDT TS to install Windows 7 2. MDT TS to install Windows updates 3. MDT TS to install software 4. MDT TS to update software via custom Powershell script 5. MDT TS to install Windows updates 6. MDT TS to 'Pause' procedure which will allow me to make a few manual changes 7. MDT TS to capture final image 8. SCCM to deploy final image which is also using an unattend.xml to set 'CopyProfile=true' This all works great for staff accounts as they use a standard profile (roaming) but students use a mandatory profile and what I'm noticing is that not all manual changes made to the image are being applied to these accounts. I'm assuming I would need to create a new mandatory profile using the newly created image for these settings to stick? If so my next issue would be that I wanted to test this image in a small area first before rolling it out site wide but I can't because of the above issue. I've been working on creating an image for 3 weeks now, learning from scratch and thought I had it licked but that doesn't appear to be the case.... does anyone else have any ideas how I can push out a test image to a small section of the school so both students and staff can test it? Thanks Ben
  5. Thanks for the reply, I've gotten it to display all IE versions using RSAT and Windows 8... the xml that it writes looks to be correct with min="10.0.0.0" max="99.0.0.0" (I guess they ain't taking any chances with max version this time). I have two issues left: 1. The policy isn't setting on clients which is probably me missing something. 2. When viewing a policy which has been set via RSAT in native 2008 R2 policy management it throws an error which I guess is because its not picking up the 2012/Win8 .admx file correctly. More fault finding to be done before we can roll this out to a production system. Will post again once I know more. From my limited experience your either going to have to remove IE 10 (I think this resets it back to allow Internet Explorer Maintenance to work again but use Google to be sure) or setup RSAT with Windows 8 or Server 2012 which to be honest is a royal pain in the proverbial.
  6. I'll be getting the new Xbox when its released... love the smell of a new console in the morning Looking forward to the 21 May.
  7. Hi, I'm having issues getting my Group Policy Preferences Internet Settings to show IE 9/10 and I've seen other blogs which show options from IE 5 through to IE 10. I've updated my Policy definitions located in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions (inetres.admx) to include upto IE 10... I've also followed several guides which show how to edit an IE 8 xml setting to increase the max version number which didn't work. Also applied 253039KB which didn't have any effect. I'm running Server 2008R2 with Windows 7 and 8 clients... Windows 7 is running IE 9 and the 8 is running IE 10. Anyone know where I'm going wrong? Thanks EDIT Attached a screenshot of what I was hoping to be able to do but maybe this is only possible with Server 2012.
  8. I'm having issue's trying to stop Adobe Reader XI from updating. I've used the Adobe Customization Wizard to create my .mst and when I check the registry after deployment I can see that bUpdater is set to 0 (disable updates) but for some reason it still updates!!! Anyone got any ideas?
  9. Yep, it was basically me being dumb... Or in other words I forgot to add these two lines to my .ini file: DoCapture = YES BackupFile = Windows7x64SP1-#day(date) & "-" & month(date) & "-" & year(date)# Ben
  10. Gah... I just worked it out (no sooner than I had just posted as well). If a mod wants to delete this thread please feel free to do so. Sorry.
  11. Hi, I'm pretty new to MDT and am currently trying to make a fully automated build and capture task sequence. So far I've created two halves, one which builds my reference image and the other which captures it.... both halves are fully automated but I don't seem to be to combine them to create one singular task sequence. Is this possible? Thanks
  12. I only have one custom client settings setup and the default. The default can't be deployed to collections and the custom is currently deployed to "All Systems" and "All Unknown Computers" (Lab setup). EDIT Oddly enough I put the setting in the "Default Client Settings" as well and even though I can't deploy it to any collections it worked. YAY Thanks for everyones help.
  13. Yes, I've also re-created my boot images and it still doesn't change.
  14. Yep... I guess it works for you?
  15. Hi, Anyone else not able to change the default "IT Organization" text when doing an OSD within SCCM 2012 SP1? I've changed the text within "Client Settings > Computer Agent" and updated my boot image but it remains the same.... not really an issue but still slightly annoying. Thanks
  16. Sorry, yes I've rebooted several times now. Going to remove PXE and WDS from the server and see what that does.
  17. Yep, that all looks good and clients can still get to the DP.
  18. Yes.. anything I try to distribute will now fail. I keep reading about SMS certificates but they all appear to be in date still so not sure if it can be that.
  19. Its getting worse... I've just noticed my boot images (x32 & x64) have failed distribution. Trying to view the status just shows "Error details will be available when server finishes processing the message".
  20. Yes, using SP1. I read that before SP1 was released it was a known issue... My google-fu skills seem to have left me today and I can't find a resolution.
  21. Hi, Has anyone else come across the error below? CryptVerifySignature failed, 80090006 SMSPXE 09/04/2013 12:24:10 5896 (0x1708) untrusted certificate: , , some long number SMSPXE 09/04/2013 12:24:10 5896 (0x1708) Failed to get information for MP: http://svr.somename.local. 80090006. SMSPXE 09/04/2013 12:24:10 5896 (0x1708) PXE::MP_InitializeTransport failed; 0x80004005 SMSPXE 09/04/2013 12:24:10 5896 (0x1708) PXE::MP_LookupDevice failed; 0x80004005 SMSPXE 09/04/2013 12:24:10 5896 (0x1708) Its located in the SMSPXE log file... everything was working ok but today it just stopped working. I've tried Google but it appears to be an old issue before SP1 was released and now I'm stuck. Thanks
  22. So you have to publish the updates within SCUP and then deploy them in SCCM but you can't deploy them with an ADR in SCCM?
  23. Do you still not need to deploy the update with SCCM or are you setting an ADR as well?
  24. Ok, thanks.
×
×
  • Create New...