Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jaminben

Members
  • Posts

    640
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jaminben

  1. We installed all the apps on the RDS server... users then log into that server (or servers if you have more than one broker). When users log in they actually create a local context on that broker and will have any apps which are assigned to them to use (any apps which run will be run from the broker and consume it's resources). I don't think you can re-point them to another machine other than RDP'ing to other clients. Pretty new to this myself so take what I say with a pinch of salt.
  2. I've just setup our RDS server and have been able to get Applications/Programs to work but so far not able to map any drives.... I did have to create some .cmd files to run the more tricky programs which wouldn't run on their own (Facility for example) so maybe it's possible to map drives like that (I've not tried yet).
  3. We have some pro's here and they generally go for a red light as well....
  4. We use Phoenix and ours haven't appeared yet but its good news that they're aware and can do it.
  5. Nope, no spare laptops here... have you tried the boiler room?
  6. From what I can remember this is for the US only and not the UK as we don't use the correct domain name extensions for staff email addresses... it has to be .gov.com or something like that. Of course I could have forgotten what I read a few months back and be totally wrong
  7. We've never had that message so I guess so... when we first setup our O365 subscription we had a document which contained address to be allowed and that must have been one.
  8. We have office.com added to our Auth Exception list.... I'm guessing we got that from some O365 document somewhere (can't remember now).
  9. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there an issue with storing students/staff data on non UK hosted cloud solutions which could possibly be the case with Google?... data protection.
  10. jaminben

    GTA V Out Today!

    I too thought the PC version had been delayed till January? Edit Steam has it for an early 2015 release. I got all excited for a moment then
  11. Ours is pretty much the same as Gatt's... Workstations, Servers and Applications. We roll out updates to the library first (20 machines) then the rest of the school a month later if all is ok.
  12. I queried Smoothwall and they confirmed that its a 'Content Delivery Site' used by various companies and to just add the address to the Authentication Bypass.
  13. Not sure if the below will help you out in anyway but its what I wrote along time ago and use occasionally.... it looks like your going for a more advanced version than mine. #---------------------------------------------- # Creatation Date: 02/03/2013 # Edited Date: 04/03/2013 # Created By: Jaminben # Version: 1.03 #---------------------------------------------- [string]$workingDirectory = Split-Path $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Path [string]$outFile = $workingDirectory + "\Computer_Users.csv" [int]$limitResults = 0 Write-Host "Created By: Jaminben`nVersion: 1.03" $computerName = read-host "`n`nEnter Computer Name" $limitResults = read-host "`nEnter Number Of Results To Display" Function getUsers { $UserProperty = @{n="User";e={(New-Object System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier $_.ReplacementStrings[1]).Translate([system.Security.Principal.NTAccount])}} $TypeProperty = @{n="Action";e={if($_.EventID -eq 7001) {"Logon"} else {"Logoff"}}} $TimeProperty = @{n="Time";e={$_.TimeGenerated}} $netLogs = Get-EventLog -newest $limitResults System -Source Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon -ComputerName $computerName | select $UserProperty, $TypeProperty, $TimeProperty $netLogs.GetEnumerator() | Sort-Object Time -descending | Export-Csv $outFile -NoTypeInformation $netLogs.GetEnumerator() | Sort-Object Time -descending | Format-Table -autosize } Function checkConection { param($InputObject = $null) BEGIN {$status = $False} PROCESS { if((Test-Connection $InputObject -Quiet -count 1)) { $status = $True }else{ $status = $False } } END {return $status} } Function validName{ if (checkConection $computerName) { Write-Host "`nResponse OK" -ForegroundColor DarkGreen Write-Host "`nGathering EventLog Information..." Write-Host "`nPlease Wait A Moment...`n" getUsers }else{ Write-Host "`nResponse failed - Host Not Found" -ForegroundColor red } } if ($computerName -eq [string]::empty -or $limitResults -eq [string]::empty){ Write-Host "`nYou've Entered An Invalid Value" -ForegroundColor red }else{ validName } Write-Host "`n`nFinished..." Write-Host "`nPress any key to quit..." $x = $host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown")
  14. Ok, We're also a concerned like you but will also add it to our Auth bypass list to get rid of the issue.... will also shoot a support request to Smoothwall to see what they say.
  15. Has it been happening since Friday last week? Have you resolved it yet (making changes to Smoothwall)?
  16. Morning all, We're having an issue with Office 2013 where it wants to connect to "origins.support-content.office.net.akadns.net" and asking for proxy server credentials. This maybe purely coincidence but its only happened since (last Friday) we added all 1200 student accounts to our O365 subscription. We're using a Smoothwall UTM 1000 for firewall/HTTP proxy. A Google search appears to return that its a load balancing redirection site or a virus. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks Ben
  17. jaminben

    AC Unity PC

    Is that rage as the game crashes for the 3rd time in an hour?
  18. Yep, I'll be getting it... top of my list atm.
  19. jaminben

    AC Unity PC

    I believe the review embargo is set for tomorrow for FC4 which maybe a good sign that things are ok.
  20. jaminben

    AC Unity PC

    BBC News - Assassin's Creed: Unity criticised for widespread glitches
  21. jaminben

    AC Unity PC

    I'm not overly fussed about AC:U to be fair... more looking forward to the new Dragon Age next week.
  22. jaminben

    AC Unity PC

    Not yet... hopefully if I get time tonight I will. I've also read its badly optimized not just on pc but consoles as well... I think the PS4 version had a 1Gb patch made available to it.
  23. Oki, Thanks for the responses
  24. Hi, We've just started to use O365 with ProPlus for Students and wanted to know if their was anyway to find out any statistics... for example has little Billy downloaded and installed a copy of Office on his home Tablet or PC. Thanks Ben
×
×
  • Create New...