CyberNerd
Members-
Posts
9,169 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by CyberNerd
-
This might explain why they were so keen on getting hold of the files Miranda was carrying: Exclusive: UK
-
You had better get a move on. Ipad isn't market leader any more. Small tablets drive big share gains for Android | Canalys
-
XP still has 30%+ marketshare. It seems a bit odd that MS will 'infect' or lead to these products to be infected by withdrawing support. I can't see that it will do Microsofts credibility any good if there is another mass windows virus/exploit and their only solution is 'give us more money or buy another PC'. Cue for a car analogy. There is still a lot of software that runs XP only and not so well in W7. It's still possible to keep using it without sacrificing any 'legal responsibility for needing to but PC's' - however that works. Most will run well in WINE and there are plenty of products (deepfreeze), VDI etc that will allow XP machines to return to base image when rebooted. I can also confirm that XP runs MUCH faster than W7 or W8 in a virtual environment.
-
We are ahead of the curve
-
don't have any fingernails left since we bought imacs.
-
Just to let you all know a top tip we learned today: The caretakers toilet plunger works great for removing these !
-
Move apache and proftpd directories
CyberNerd replied to hawc's topic in Raspberry Pi, Arduino & Other SBCs
also check for hidden files that start with a dot. eg .htaccess ls -la make sure you copy the hidden files. -
I don't think chromebooks are really for you. How about getting some RT devices?
-
Technically it can already. You would need to wrap it in a XenApp cloud but it is possible over HTML5. Console games;no problem. The technology is already available it's just how it will be implemented over the coming years.
-
I would have thought that by the time we reach 2020 (W7 ext support runs out) most of the educational companies will have their products in the cloud and we'll be able to loose that particular vendor tie in.
-
Although everyone needs an account It IS possible to disable email. You might be ok with KS1/2 students not having email. Try it. Create a new OU, disable email for that OU and see what you can do. I was thinking along the lines of calendar appointments, mailing homework, collaborative chat, notification of document sharing etc.
-
Try running GApps yourself without email and see how you get on. I don't think I could do it.
-
Essentially yes. IMO. You may be able to work around it but I think it would be quite limiting.
-
Hi James, That would be great. I went full steam ahead and installed it in the DMZ without fully understanding SNIPs,VIP's,MIP's and NSIP's. ( I since found a rather good explanation) So first questions are: one armed or two? Do I actually need WebInterface or has this been superseded by StoreFront? I now think I don't need it. I was planning on installing StoreFront on each XenApp server is this OTT?. Should the StoreFront live in the DMZ if its one armed? Does the load balancer require an extra license? Is it necessary for 11 XenApp servers or overkill? Can I use self signed certs on the StoreFront server/s? Thanks
-
1) I don't think you're going to get very far with any sort of collaboration unless you're at the very least forwarding email to users. It's an integral part of the system. 2) You can currently back up email with Vault. We sync certain staff google drives to their shared homedrive and back that up. Most people say that you can't install GDrive onto a mapped drive but it works for me, perhaps the samba server helps. I don't know. Of course this method will require users logging into PC's as well as chromebooks so YMMV. I would suggest buying in a service if you are concerned. 3) Smoothwall. I think we just allowed the logon page through SSL but I don't have the details. 4) Make sure you buy the chromebooks through Google. Getting hold of the management console license from google seems to be a nightmare. Could any resellers help with this?
-
Move apache and proftpd directories
CyberNerd replied to hawc's topic in Raspberry Pi, Arduino & Other SBCs
They won't care where the web server files live and the database files won't be in /var/www unless its a very bizarre install! -
Move apache and proftpd directories
CyberNerd replied to hawc's topic in Raspberry Pi, Arduino & Other SBCs
If you have any extended attributes ls -l /var/www will show an @ at the end of the POSIX attributes on OSX and a + on Linux. I'm not sure about other unicies. Run sestatus -v (linux) to see if selinux is enabled. If the command doesn't run it probably isn't installed. -
Move apache and proftpd directories
CyberNerd replied to hawc's topic in Raspberry Pi, Arduino & Other SBCs
I would edit the config to as to avoid confusion in the future. You may also need to make sure: The POSIX attributes are correct in the new directory. The extended attributes (if any) are correct. SELinux (or any other security features) are aware of the change. -
I think I'm going to need all the help I can get Infact I'm not even sure I need WI at all because I'm starting to think storefront is a replacement for it ?? Storefront and Netscaler Gateway certainly seem to be requirements for the HTML5 receiver, but I'm not sure where the web interface sits? My initial thought was that I needed it to sit in the DMZ with the netscaler and have that forward to storefront for HTML access to apps? So any guidance would be appreciated I'm a bit lost.
-
Yes. I've installed the ESXi appliance and will be using Netscaler VPX gateway. It's a bit of an uphill struggle tbh. The manual is 5500 pages! and it is quite a lot to take in. The ultimate goal is for in-browser HTML5 windows applications. Perhaps we could work together and open on an ongoing thread if your goal is similar?
-
Surprisingly few Citrix users here it seems.. anyhow, I raised a support call with Citrix and they downloaded the web interface for me.
-
Chromebooks as exam laptops and other Chromebook possibilities.
CyberNerd replied to Stockcube's topic in Cloud Services
If you want to manage chromebooks you need the management tool, which is Google Apps not Office 365. https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/1289314?rd=1 Presumably you could use this to decide which chrome apps can be installed/used. Combine with some filtering of course.- 2 replies
-
- chromebook
- exams
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm running the 90 day trial and I need version 1.7 of the NetScaler Web Interface - it's called nswi-1.7.tgz The trial version doesn't seem to allow me to download the web interface and it doesn't appear on MyCitrix ! Without the Web Interface I'm a bit screwed as I'll have to install it on (yet another) server which was the whole point of using NetScaler in the first place! I'd be eternally grateful if someone with a full license could send me nswi-1.7.tgz TIA
-
I guess you're ok if it's connected to your wifi!
-
lol. Clearly not. In that case they don't run at 2.4GHz at all !
