Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

CyberNerd

Members
  • Posts

    9,169
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CyberNerd

  1. If you started a three year program you wouldn't be fitting AP320's after 2010 because they were not for sale. The kit is software supported for 5 years (as are chromebooks). You do need a rolling program for infrastructure !
  2. Give them a call, sometimes they have special deals with LA's or if you a re a new customer.
  3. I did mine with QA too, who were excellent.
  4. We have a very similar setup, 1400+ chromebooks( Lenovo) and 100+AP's. We didn't find the AP320's dropping connections, but did find that they don't cope with load as well as 832's. Sometimes if 30 machines booted simultaneously we'd see 3 or 4 not connecting, but they would connect following a restart of their network connections. Luckily for us we were due for an AP upgrade so managed to do the lot. I'll happily go through my controller settings with you if think it may help?
  5. OvernetData do a good one Mobile - Overnet Data We also publish one on the School Chrome store, which is just a link to the website, but the kids think it is an "app" - which technically it is.
  6. You could setup https://www.phpmyadmin.net/ either on a local or remote server.
  7. I have a 247 support number, for when I get called at 11pm. Perhaps you should consider asking your engineers to take calls out of hours like other firms do.
  8. ok, strange. I could see you might want to use GADS without GAPS but not vice versa: won't you just get in a pickle with user creation and then find GAPS not work?
  9. Yes, I would have thought so.
  10. If you use GAPS it will use the Active Directory password length, which you can turn off or set as you wish.
  11. Start by looking at the information that you have. ie: the employee start date. From that you also know the promotion dates. You also know the current grade. From those 3 pieces of information you can calculate the date of next promotion. If you need to, add extra columns and "show the working" like in maths. Then refine it.
  12. I don't think that's really how it works these days. I Often see students email, chat or forum post to teachers in our school. In fact online is the ONLY way homework is set, and naturally students ask teachers for help - online and teachers help them. The fact that @ashenperera48 is asking online is testement to this
  13. That's ridiculous! Who in their right mind would buy a into a 24*7 business service that operates 8am to 6pm ??!?!
  14. Google do it for you. If you need to restore something, just go to the user account, set the date range and select "restore data".
  15. Virtual Machines are quite difficult to steal.
  16. Yes, so that would either require Windows to save the profile and the passwords (it does), or it would require windows to automatically supply the login details to the browser (it doesn't).
  17. I think you need to VLAN and firewall the network in a way that prevents those in the student network from accessing the staff network.
  18. I don't have a solution but I am interested in this. I honestly can't think how it would work without an initial sign in happening and windows saving the credentials in the profile. You are asking for "pass through" authentication, not Single Sign On , as I understand the problem because you want Windows to automatically pass the auth details into the chrome browser?
  19. We set it in group policy to H:/Downloads an have not noticed any change whatsoever going through 44-45-46
  20. In other news, Sony killed off Betamax today after 40 years Sony says goodbye to Betamax tapes - BBC News
  21. We exclude users in sub-orgs. I think we may have been talking cross purpose about SSO. The browser users the same credentials (single username and password), but does not use pass through authentication. Once signed in for a particular session, windows will remember it.
  22. Yes GAPS will sync password changes to GAFE as they happen. I think you can leave the settings as they are.
  23. Just don't install GAPS.
  24. no I don't think so. Also be aware that it doesn't unencrypted your current AD passwords, it only syncs new passwords as they are changed in AD.
  25. We have this: HomeÂ-ÂProductsÂ-ÂPowertoolsÂ-ÂDust Management - VacuumsÂ-Â18V Handvac - DEWALT
×
×
  • Create New...