-
Posts
200 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ascott2
-
Has anyone used ophcrack on a server?
ascott2 replied to dolmandj's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Either that or if you can afford downtime, boot into a Bart PE to change the admin password to what you want. -
Once he has finished then I shouldn't see why not!
-
We had the same issue here. Its not the automatically generated one that is the issue, just the one which holds the iframes. One of the other techs here I think is working on it now but, basically the static javascript page needs to be rewritten. Either that or go to firefox. (it works on any version).
-
The reason it came about is some of our monitoring software services just stop on random machines. I have used the restart if it fails but usually it still does not come to life. Then we have teachers complaining they cannot "see" 3 or 4 machines. Using my app I do a search for all those that don't start or haven't started and kicks them back to life.
-
I have wrote this application to check services on an Windows Active Directory Domain. It will check computers to see if a service is running or not. This is helpful for finding machines that have not booted properly and the services have not started correctly. You can then start the services on all the machines you choose. At the moment this application will only work if you are the Domain Admin, as it requires access to AD and the rights to start the services on the clients. Just download and extract the exe file and run from your local machine. Let me know what you think, or have any issues. Service Check
-
I have the G1, love it. If you want a hardware keyboard then definately get the G1 otherwise wait for the G2(HTC Magic on Vodafone) should be out early Q3.
-
Volume 3 of heroes was really good, I have moved onto 24 Season 7, my all time favouite show, takes a bit of getting used to with no CTU!
-
There are several different ways of doing it but you would need multiple tuners for multiple simultaneous users. If more than a few users were using it at the same time you would also have the worry of bandwith consumption. I used to work in hotels and major investment is spent on developing this. The TV in your bedroom in most high-end hotels is actually no more than a monitor showing you IPTV. The way it worked is had 100 sky/foreign satelite boxes, each one dedicated to each channel which is hooked up to a server which hosts around 10 of the channels, including the PAY-TV videos. This was then on its own network from everything else, ethernet piped into each room, to a dedicated box then fed to the TV. In a word, no, there is no cheap way of hosting your own system that works reliably.
-
Here is the new link to the download guys. Download
-
Odd never had that before. Yes we rolled it out a couple of weeks ago and not getting any error like that. How are you running at startup? I have created an msi out of mine and added a registry key in HKLM to start it up.
-
I've had an idea on how to do this. You could make a USB device boot into DOS and then using some ASCII art to display your sign. Not sure about stopping inputs though?
-
Amended first post with download link
-
Here we use Impero. If they pull the plug a big black screen comes down telling them to put it back in. But we have found it can sometimes be more of a hinderince ie. Network outages or laptop get locked down before they can connect to the wireless. Surely though, they can't actually do anything with no network anyway?
-
Just so people are aware this isnt a script it's an application. When I went down the logoff script route, most of the kids would have walked off by the time the message showed up. Ajay: Check your PM.
-
We have the same issue too. What I have done to prevent that is put in a timer so even if they don't acknowledge the message it will timeout and shutdown in a graceful manner.
-
We have an awful problem here where the kids are constantly forgetting to take out their memory sticks out of the machines. We either, end up with a pile of them in the office or have students running round the school looking for where they left it. What I have done is created a taskbar application(coded in C#) which monitors on logoff if there is a USB stick plugged in and if there is it pops up a message for a few seconds reminding them to take it. If there isn't the machine will logoff as normal. We are using it here and seems to be working well. I just wanted to know whether anyone would be interested in using it as I would need to take out the hard coding and create some customisation. Note: At the moment this only works if your USB sticks are given the same drive letter each time. Here they are. But in time I may change this. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Download from here
-
I really hope edugeek to employ a targeted advertising system, as this took me by surprise the other day!!! Dodgy Ad on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
-
I know he is a fantastic actor but what a way to go!
-
24 is my all time favourite TV show. 24:redemption was really good, finally some action outside of the US! I also watch Spooks and Top Gear.
-
I had forgotten about this, and have never changed my drivers! Oh well someone has to be last!
-
Most definately the PS3. If you are going to use it primarily for Movies then I would advise getting the bluetooth remote which will set you back £15-20 but worth it as it saves the hassle of messing around with the controller. And MGS4 will definately change your mind about using it for games!
-
And how ironic that its a drainage company!!!!
-
inbir316: The main game itself is pretty short, but the online gaming is very good if you can get a group of grown-ups playing. And the graphics imho are very good.
-
My PSN is nice and original same as here! Usually play GTA IV or Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 online. It'll be nice to play Vegas 2 with some grown ups and not a bunch of kids that don't realise running in all guns blazing is not always the best way to get things done. Mind you on GTA it usually is!
-
I have a Blackberry Curve (8300) and it's great. Couldn't do without it. The SMT must like them too as recently we have set them up a BES and the are all running the same handsets. My personal blackberry is with O2 on their unlimited Blackberry Data plan and works a treat. Could do with 3G but apart from that does the trick. I don't think 3 do any blackberry plans, which I would advise going otherwise it might end up costing you a fortune in data charges.
