-
Posts
200 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ascott2
-
Publishing a webcam through TMG
ascott2 replied to Sheridan's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Are your cameras on a different subnet to the rest of the network as I encountered this issue and had forgot to add the static route to the camera subnet? -
export-Mailbox has a -DeleteContent parameter which I think, deletes all the content after the export. It has been a while since I ran this, so double check before running.
-
I think you need to explicitly add the import export mailbox permission to the role before you can see the cmdlet. Take a look here Add the Mailbox Import Export Role to a Role Group: Exchange 2010 Help
-
You don't have the Exchange cmdlets loaded. Either run the script from the exchange management shell, or run a remote powershell session to the Exchange server.
-
Or from Run you can try: powershell -noexit C:\scripts\myscript.ps1
-
#Set-HomeDirectory.ps1 param ( [parameter(Mandatory = $true)] [string]$yeargroup ) Get-ADUser -SearchBase "OU=$yeargroup,OU=Users,DC=test,DC=local" | ForEach { Set-ADUser $_ -HomeDirectory ('\\fileserver\home\$yeargroup\' + $_.SamAccountName) } I have not tested this powershell script but I think that should work. Then you could run it for each year group, if the years are in seperate OU's eg Set-HomeDirectory.ps1 -yeargroup 11
-
Take a look at the scheduled tasks on you machines. once it is in, whichever way it was, in my experience it tends to repropogate itself this way.
-
I have always had some quirky issues using foreach($line in $csv). Not sure if this will solve the issue, but couldn't hurt giving it a try $path = "c:\adgroups\groupsandmembersmaster.csv" Import-csv -path $path | foreach { Add-ADGroupMember -Identity $_.Group -Member $_.Member } Write-Host "Press any key to continue..." $x = $host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown")
-
How would you do this? Special computers
ascott2 replied to MattDLEA's topic in How do you do....it?
Where do the shortcuts come from in the locked down policy? If you can put the shortcuts on a network share where they are pulled down from, maybe give the teachers read/write access to there? -
I seen those, looked very good, but when I looked at sourcing them, they cost a fortune. May have come done in price now though.
-
This is when there is so much load on the server the NIC / I/O cant keep up with it. Sometimes a sign of a faulty NIC or driver mismatch. A reboot may cure it temporarily but some fault finding may need to be done to stop it reocurring. Take a look at How to troubleshoot Event ID 2021 and Event ID 2022
-
The school I used to work in had something like this Photo Basics uLite Photo and Video Green Screen: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics Very effective, can't for the life of me remember where we got it though.
-
I said I didn't want the boozy stag do, that disn't stop my best man arranging a trip to Romania for an alcohol fuelled weekend. Was one of the best weekends ever so maybe take what he says with a pich of salt ;-)
-
Got to plug my app, Net Tools
-
20% price reduction on other plans http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft_office_365_blog/archive/2012/03/14/new-lower-prices-for-office-365.aspx
-
[Solved] Exchange 2010, small query about 'send as'
ascott2 replied to rush_tech's topic in Enterprise Software
Go into the sent Items folder, run the rules wizard under step 1 tickthe from under step 2 you can click the name to make sure you have the right from account in there. Click next, step 1 tick the move to , step 2 click the folder name which will bring up the folder list. Make sure you have the right sent items folder. That should do it. -
[Solved] Exchange 2010, small query about 'send as'
ascott2 replied to rush_tech's topic in Enterprise Software
There is no native way to do this in Exchange. One way around it would be to set up a rule in outlook? -
To be fair the cloud isn't just storage online. It is the combination of many products, IaaS, SaaS and PaaS for example, online storage is just one use of the over arching "cloud computing" label.
-
Actually reverse engineering is not illegal in the EU or the US. as long as you are not creating a competing product, however I am not sure changing an image would count as interoperability. Source Reverse engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I would try Resource Hacker As everyone else has said make sure you use a copy of the exe as you can really break things, even hang up your machine if you happen to overwrite the wrong thing.
-
Use the -HideTableHeaders switch on the format-table command to hide those headers. To add the current time to the table you will need to customize your table layout. For example | Format-Table Name, Type, DN, @{Expression={Get-Date};Label="Time"} | out-file log.txt Have not tested but should get you going.
-
As an android app developer, some of the classifications of permissions are pretty vague. For example who you are calling does not necessarily mean they check what numbers are being dialed etc, you need to read phone state, including call status to either stop or put the phone into sleep mode. The location data also can be pretty inoccuous also as ad firms require you to have this permission set, no point in seeing ads targetted for the US etc. Although saying that I am sure there are some more unscrupulous people out there that will do more with the data that they should.
-
Another +1 for Neos. I did an ISA course in Worcester a few years ago now, and they were brilliant. And I can agree the lunches were very good too :-)
-
The school I worked at did do Pascal, using Borland Delphi, problems with that is Delphi didn't play very well with muliple users on one machine. The school then moved to VB.NET, very easy to set up using Visual Basic Express 2010. Only issue if you have an .exe policy you will need to put an exception into the default save/build path otherwise the program won't run.
