Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Michael

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    12,849
  • Joined

Everything posted by Michael

  1. Just to confirm all's well here, not a single issue reported since.
  2. I have to be honest and say I think Google's at fault here. I have Core services (including Drive) set to enable on one page, and then I have to enable a setting under 'Additional Google Apps', even though Drive is a Core app If someone can explain this logic, I'll buy them a drink.
  3. I can confirm 44.0.12.0 now working with an .sch.uk account, it does appear to be that setting. I tried 30 mins after enabling it
  4. Interesting - I can confirm my working tenancies have this switch on/enabled already. Sounds promising!
  5. One per class/area is usually suffice.
  6. Local or roaming profile, standard or admin user, if you're signed in using version 43.0.80.0 and FS silently upgrades to 44.0.10.0 or 44.0.12.0, it will continue to work. It only becomes an issue if a user manually signs out, or they try to login to versions 44.0.10.0 or 44.0.12.0 from the beginning. According to Google v44 is just a bug fix release, but it very much appears to be a bug creator release. The error is 'Account restricted', so automatically I think 'permissions' or somehow FS v44 handshakes differently to FS v43 and creates the error. I think it's very far from just being a bug fix release.
  7. Unfortunately after extensive testing, authenticating via the browser makes no difference.
  8. I've concluded similar - any chance you can try a .sch.uk address?
  9. If you download from here Google have now made available 44.0.10.0. Just as well I still have a copy of 43.0.80.0
  10. I've tested File Stream 44.0.10.0 with a .co.uk domain and it works absolutely fine signing in.
  11. I managed to track down a File Stream 44.0.12.0 install and asked the end user to sign out and sign in using a .sch.uk account. Same problem and had to uninstall File Stream, reboot and re-install File Stream 43.0.80.0. File Stream then works as expected.
  12. You could try closing/exiting File Stream and re-opening to see whether this is enough to apply the update. I'm not sure if it does it dynamically or per reboot.
  13. I think Google for G Suite admins should provide the latest 5 builds of File Stream as an option, for the purpose of testing. Just makes testing extremely difficult otherwise. I don't like the idea downloading off third party sites (just in case).
  14. PM sent!
  15. According to this site there's now a 44.0.12.0 build.
  16. You could make sure the Google Update Service isn't disabled. There isn't a manual way to update (as far as I know). File Stream still auto-updates to v44 within a short period for me when testing.
  17. I've since sent more screenshots, another video capture as well as a HAR file in Google Incognito mode at their request.
  18. I presume you can sign in using an @gmail.com account?
  19. I think I've narrowed the problem down - just tried with a .academy extension and it works signing into Filestream v44. If I try anything ending in .sch.uk I get that error.
  20. I've contacted Google again, still working on the case. No indication on whether it'll be a G Suite tweak or a new File Stream client to be pushed out. The error seems to indicate a server error Google's end. The only fix is to uninstall and re-install version 43. @Danp - Is your domain a .sch.uk or something else, such as .co.uk or .org?
  21. Thank you - I can only do this with a @gmail.com account. I still can't logon using a custom work or school domain.
  22. That sounds about right, as 43.0.80.0 was the build I got too. By all means, try and authenticate into it using any device once it's updated to 44.0.10.0.
  23. So out of curiosity, you don't have issues with users signing in 'as new' on File Stream version 44? If you can successfully, what's the whole build number?
  24. Thanks for confirming, much appreciated
  25. Hi all, I've reported this issue to Google including a video capture. Be interesting to see if you G Suite users can re-create this issue - - Either a Windows 10 workstation or Windows Server device - Download Google File Stream - If you right click the .exe and go to the Details tab, it should read version 43.0.8.0 (at the time of writing) - Proceed to install File Stream as normal - Login using your school or work account and it should work as expected - Wait for File Stream to silently upgrade to version 44.0.10.0 in the background - Now manually sign out of File Stream and attempt to re-sign in - At this point I see: - Things to observe - - If you logged into File Stream prior to it silently upgrading to 44.0.10.0, it'll still continue to work - It only becomes an issue if you sign out of File Stream and attempt to sign back in - @gmail.com accounts work as expected regardless and are not affected - The only workaround at the current time is to uninstall File Stream, restart and installing File Stream 43.0.8.0. Sign in before it auto-upgrades again. - I can re-create this at different sites, different ISPs and different devices. Just curious if anyone else can and if so, please log it with Google.
×
×
  • Create New...