Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

TronXP

Members
  • Posts

    689
  • Joined

Everything posted by TronXP

  1. Generally, no issues with securly. But last week I contacted support (via helpdesk) and seem to be in contact with American support. So only got replies at 4pm as I was leaving. Took 3/4 days to resolve as I didn't reply until next morning.
  2. With Hive, can you do complicated print jobs, like folding and stapling? I was sure that was a limitation last time I looked.
  3. Read and Write from Texthelp is worth the money. on a secondary note Acer support is horrible for Chromebooks
  4. I can see where people are coming from. If the outbound port is open, then the connection has to be made from your LAN, hence Dr Evil must already have infected your LAN to be punching out of it using an outbound open socket.
  5. Student Wifi -> LAN - Do i really need this rule? Does your student wifi dhcp hand out your LAN DNS servers addresses? that's what it looks like that rule is for. If you don't need to use the LAN DNS servers, you could swap to an internet DNS (like 8.8.8.8) or you can set up a DNS on the fortigate itself. I have done this for my Guest WiFi Year 7 and Year 12 Filtering - thinking, should I change the Services from All to http, https only? You can always try and see what breaks Since it is BYOD there maybe email apps etc that need other ports open. We don't have BYOD and we don't use apple, so I can't help you if that's normal or not behaviour but we do block QUIC on our Windows desktops/Chromebooks without issue. Do the devices specifically it is a QUIC error?
  6. +1 for SCS well worth the money.
  7. I use MagicQ also but on an MQ70 board. I had always used Zero88 \ strand desks. MagicQ certainly has a learning curve, did my first event with it in December and was very pleased with how it went. As I do music\discos\musicals as well as theatrical the versatility of MagicQ is a good fit for me.
  8. Also Securly Classroom here, works well.
  9. Hi, If the lights you have now cover the areas you need, then I would look up the beam angle of the lights and replace them with a new light with as close as possible the same beam angle. The strip lights will be a narrow beam, which is good for effects but probably not so for lighting up people on the stage.
  10. In the gmail settings under safety, there is an attachments settings, do you have rules setup in that part?
  11. Apparently, the width of the keyboard pushes the Mouse too far to the right for comfortable use??
  12. Hi, from some DSE assessments I need to purchase some keyboards without keypads as they are too "wide". Does anybody have any suggestions on a decent keyboard ideally without going to a smaller key spacing?
  13. TronXP

    Bye bye Replit

    has this been removed from this document or am I missing it somewhere?
  14. TronXP

    Gmail

    Hi, We don't use GCDS, we are Google only. Does that show up also when sent externally then as your display name? Cheers
  15. TronXP

    Gmail

    Hi, Does anybody know a way that in gmail we can have the term STAFF or PUPIL appended to every addressee? Cheers
  16. Have you tried changing the black cartridge?
  17. In Securly classroom, you could make a class with only that student in it, add all his teachers to it, then you could control his access via that. (If you have securely classroom)
  18. We were testing, Chromebooks, Phones and tablets, basically one device of each type we have in the school. Chromebooks\tablets would not connect at all, some of the phones would connect if they had been connected before the security changes. As I said I am going to not touch it for the rest of the day/tomorrow and see if my fix was temporary.
  19. I have now received some 231G's and have started to do some testing before we deploy them. I am using a Fortigate to control them. At first, everything was connecting fine to them, but as described above, clients liked to hold on too long. I resolved this using the "Sticky client" option. You can access this via CLI or you can access it via GUI if you enable advanced wireless in the "feature visibility" in the system menu. It all seemed to be going smoothly until I decided to test different security mode settings WPA2 WPA3 etc. Once I changed that some devices wouldn't connect and some would. Even when I changed it back to what I had originally set for the testing it still was not working correctly. In the end, I deleted all the SSiD's and recreated them and everything has come back up and working. I am not going to touch anything rest of today and tomorrow and see if things keep working as expected. Next week We will begin testing with Class sets of Chrombooks doing various tasks, video streaming, Google meets to see how they compare to our unifi system.
  20. thanks for your great advice.
  21. We have been at a crossroads for about 3 years now, I have just been doing as you said with OVS as we have been moving services etc to the cloud. As mentioned above, we had a change of leadership and he is not a fan of Google and wants to use Microsoft more and more. Managing Windows devices from Google admin doesn't work for computers with multiple logins (i.e our computer labs and technology suite). Why Azure AD? Well I assumed that to deploy Office 365 I would need it, I also assumed to manage devices via Intune I would need it. I have been away from Microsoft side of things for around 8 years hence asking for some suggestions/direction. Thanks
  22. Hi, We were moving to be a Google School, but a change of leadership has made things more complicated. We have just been on OVS for server licences, Windows and Office licences. I was thinking of going hybrid with Azure AD, I would also like to be able to manage devices. I think this is intune? What else would you guys recommend? thanks
  23. For us if we used https://www.readingcloud.net/?site=u%yournumber% then it seems to work.
  24. Yes we are getting the same
  25. Hi, I will be converting one of our buildings from Unifi to Forti 431's so it is disappointing to hear about your experience. Quick questions though, do you run these AP's off a local Fortigate or FortiLAN cloud? Did you have WiFi survey done before and after installation? have you brought it up with the installers as it could just be misconfiguration?
×
×
  • Create New...