Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

TriggerHappyUK

Members
  • Posts

    573
  • Joined

Everything posted by TriggerHappyUK

  1. Has anyone done VLANs with L3 & L2 Netgear switches? Our school is full of them and we are attempting to VLAN in the summer. Chris.
  2. Yeah, we get £10k for our school too. 1200 students and 200 staff, 8 full (22-25 PCs) and 2 half full (9-10 PCs) IT suites to support.
  3. Just press the green 'on' button for 4-5 seconds. This will print out three config pages containing the aquired ip address. Edit: The printer has to be plugged into the network for a few seconds first so that it gets an ip from dhcp.
  4. @ Plexer Sorry but these don't have the stencil I am looking for. @ gshaw If you could upload the document that would be great. Thanks for your help. Chris.
  5. Thanks Ben, I shall have a look tomorrow. I don't have Visio at home. Chris.
  6. Hi All, I have been documenting our network with MS Office Visio '07 so that we can start adding VLANs during the summer. We have several buildings on site all connected via 1GB and 10GB fibre, then each room connected via copper. I have documented each major junction over the network but cannot find a 3D setncil for a fibre patch panel (8, 16 & 24 ports). To complete the drawings I have temporarily used a standard UTP patch panel stencil labelled as a fibre one. I would be very grateful if someone could point me to/or attach a fibre stencil. Chris.
  7. A few things that I would have liked to have know when I started. List of software used in ICT Suites (and a quick tutorial on what they are). What staff to help first & who to leave to sweat. Where to find admin software (tools and utilities). How to open up the many types of desktop machines. Who the SMT are. Who to tell the truth to & who not to. I could go on ...
  8. Our budget for this year is £10k! My NM was in very lenghty talks with one of out deputy heads to get the extra money for our ESX project.
  9. Is New Milton, Hampshire, too far away for you? We'll have an opening soon at our school. Currently transferring all of our servers (17) to 2 ESX servers (4 x quad 2.66, 26 GB RAM) and 2 SAN servers (3TB). Also, looking into splitting our flat network onto VLANs. 500 PCs, 300+ Laptops, 2nd generation wireless network.
  10. We are classified as a Technology School, have 1200+ pupils, 150+ teachers & support staff. We have 8 ICT suites (20+ PCs), 2 classrooms & library with 10 desktops, IWBs in majority of classrooms, 45 networked printers plus numerous local printers. Each teacher has a laptop. This years yr7 all have school laptops (expanding with each yr7 year group). Our budget this year is £10,000! Although each department pay for their own consumables (toner, IWB repairs etc). It's a joke! The majority of our desktops are 4+ years old! And they wonder why they run slowly. My NM has been given a £18,000 budget to create 2 x ESX servers & 2 x 3TB SANs with a 10GB fibre link. (This summers project)
  11. LOL! 1 min too slow!
  12. Here you go.NEWLINK-NLWL-PCM02-DRIVER.zip
  13. Great time waster!! Score 1 ...2921 Score 2 ...2394 Score 3 ...2097 Total ...8923 (I make it 7412!?)
  14. Does living in Chrischurch, working in New Forest count?
  15. Hi all, I was wondering if anybody has had any experience of installing and implementing NetOp Class Manager, NetOp Class Server, NetOp Teacher & NetOp Student. I have been tasked this by my NM and am having some trouble implementing them. It was primarily bought for teachers to use and control students using their laptops in the classroom (we run a laptop scheme that allows all year 7's to long-term rent laptops (with the option of buying them after 3 years) to use for school work). After some time, I have created several .csv files to import into the Class Manager database with the lessons .csv file is some 37,000+ lines long. This is where my first problem occurs. The .csv file imports fine but only the last weeks worth of lessons are visable. I also have .csv files for each individual weeks worth of lessons. I import the first week without any problems, but when I import the next weeks lessons, the first weeks lessons disappear! I have also created test rooms, courses, lessons, teachers etc, but when I use a test teacher, it gives me an error "Unknown teacher login to Class Server". Any help would be much appreciated. Chris.
×
×
  • Create New...