Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rickjames

Members
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rickjames

  1. Someone give me an XB1 so I can play Arkham Knight plz and thnk u
  2. Actually it is back! Going to have this on today, it will help...
  3. I want Birdsong FM back on the air...
  4. I've currently got our RS teacher using Classroom, well about to; she's created her own class, invited the pupils and has submitted an assignment with resources ready for them next week. From the sound of things the kids are looking forward to it as well...
  5. Cheers. I'll perhaps give that a go with a test user, see what happens. Ta.
  6. Whilst it's OK for the slightly older kids to work out I can't help but feel it'd be easier for them to remember if I changed it to something like what staff have.
  7. Best place to ask I guess. Not definite, enquiring etc. At our school pupils login details are a bit clunky/awful looking and I was wondering if there was an easy way of sorting it. Currently we take the initials of our school, followed by the first four letters of their surname, followed by the first three letters of their forename, finished with the year they enrolled at the school. So, David Attenborough would be ksattedav15 Staff naming scheme is just firstinitial.surname ie d.attenborough. I'd like to configure it like this for the pupils with their leaving year instead at the end. Is this easy enough to do on a bulk job? Pupils are in their own separate OUs and all that. Cheers!
  8. Bump, any further ideas on this? It's doing my nut in, moreso because I wear headphones all day...
  9. How do you use it for conferencing purposes? Ie webcam/microphone/speaker etc? Also does anyone have any clue as to what the Management/Support fee actually covers? IE is there any reason why we couldn't just run Hangouts on a PC and with some of our own hardware and do the same thing?
  10. Actually maybe not, you're not allowed to take notes compared to being able to do at a test centre. Bummer.
  11. Will probably give this a go when I get around to 70-410
  12. Anyone have one of these in their school for meeting/conference type purposes? Easy to use for staff etc?
  13. Just a topic of conversation, really. Please move to another area if needs be, couldn't particularly pinpoint it on a technical forum Our general policy here is 'print/copy what you need to', currently we've got staff printing/copying all manner of exam papers/assessments, large jobs that naturally add up in cost a fair bit. As I sit here I've got someone copying 38 copies of an 11 page test running in the background and it's been like that for the last week or so. According to Equitrac we spent £670 odd last week. Does anyone here have a different way of dealing with stuff like this? Or do you rule it out/ban it altogether? I remember the bursar at my last school going absolutely bats*** insane when he found out people were sending them directly through to printers rather than going to our reprographics manager instead.
  14. Priceset for that build as also as poor as the TV show, the more recent Lego Idea's set have been pretty meh The Ghostbusters Ecto-1 on the other hand
  15. I know someone who works for HMRC but is moving to the Department of Justice; bugbears in the time he's been there include sitting on XP forever and IE6 only browser being available. Yeah.
  16. rickjames

    Chromebook

    Noticed recently the Toshiba Chromebook 2 can be had for about £250 or so, Full HD display to boot.
  17. Sorry I meant Message Arrival, it's definitely unchecked!
  18. I want to turn the bloody thing off. I have 'play a sound' unchecked in the Mail tab under Outlooks options, and in Sound in the Control Panel have 'desktop mail notification' set to 'none', however I'm still getting it when I get an email. Argh! Thing is doing my nut!
  19. Pretty certain once you've got a tenant name you're stuck with it, but I might be entirely wrong.
  20. Bump bump bump. Please tell me there's a process that involves automatically declining that I've just not noticed...
  21. Got a link that was sent to my email and now verified, many thanks for this.
  22. Bumping this... We're thinking of maybe getting half a dozen or so Chromebooks for the staffroom, a pick up and use option when all the desktops are used up. I think any 11" one is too small, so thoughts on any 13" ones? Irritatingly the Acer Chromebook 15 is now available in a few places but it's the non-HD version
  23. Is there any documentation proving this? Also do you need both GADS and GAPS on both?
  24. Bingo. Was gonna bite the bullet and go for one at £119.99 after cashback, but will do this now I imagine. Where do people get their RAM for this? Intentions for it would be to install Server 2012 and run several Hyper-V VMs
×
×
  • Create New...