Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rickjames

Members
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rickjames

  1. Buy some Batman comics.
  2. I am also a Peterborian; well, in way that I grew up/spent most of my time there before upping sticks to Laaaaaahndaaaaaahn. I miss Market Deeping in a way, will always be a small part of 'home' Have fun.
  3. Anyone got a job going in Boston, MA? Hah.
  4. Chris Evans is doing the Avengers film then another CA film, and that'll be him done.
  5. Yeah, seeing the first one is kind of essential. I enjoyed this film.
  6. I'm fine with Windows but Office is playing up. I can install a key just fine, but when I go to active it it tells me that 'No KMS could be contacted'. Tried that update hotfix (we're running Server 2012 R2) but it says it's not applicable. ARGH SOMEONE HELP ME.
  7. STILL HATE THIS SO MUCH
  8. Right; now it's not doing anything at all. Checked over my .xml file, paths to every application seem A-OK, tried storing it on NETLOGON and locally, apply the GPO, gpupdate my test machine but it just doesn't show up when I login as a user. I thought this was meant to be simple.
  9. I am determined to beat this thing today. EURGH.
  10. Sorry I meant XML! Its been a long day.
  11. Actually, nope! I open up my vbs file; some of the apps display with an .exe on the end and are tiled appropriately; the majority of them don't despite the fact I'm pinning the actual application to the start screen and not not not a shortcut. Any ideas?
  12. Think I've sussed it out; some of the shortcuts that had been created beforehand were made using local admin, the ones I've started on messing around with were not. Well, I think so!
  13. Just looked now and they all appear to be there, yup; click on a couple via all apps and they open absolutely fine. Any ideas?
  14. Seem to be having similar issues... Created an xml file fine and lobbed that onto network share and set up a GPO across all users. Try logging in and it kind of works in that half the of the tiles I'd set up aren't there. Open up the XML file and nothing looks out of place. Any pointers? It's driving me mad.
  15. Works like a charm!
  16. Thank you! Will give that crack now.
  17. Anyone know how I can pin .ink and .fmp files to the Start Menu? Just in the middle of creating something for when we start rolling 8.1 out but can't find anything to nail those down, which is a little irritating. Cheers!
  18. Bitcoin Fighting Championship LOL
  19. More importantly, I want to the kid's Ultimate Team lineup.
  20. The Orange Buffalo - New York Style Buffalo Wings You can buy their sauces somewhere online, I think. If not they do them at the truck for like £8. Have fun.
  21. Hello all; quick question before I scoot off and actually research it... My school is registered through the Evans Ride2Work scheme, but I'd prefer to go through Halford Cycle to Work and get a Carrera, either a Fury or Vulcan. Can the school be registered to two separate schemes at the same time?
  22. Hahahaha.
  23. Useless Sweden As a Londoner we have a few rinks but they can't half be a bugger to get to.
  24. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.
  25. This is too important for 'Other Stuff' I have seen it already. I absolutely loved it. I will go and see it again this evening. LEGO.
×
×
  • Create New...