Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mullet_man

Members
  • Posts

    2,035
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mullet_man

  1. 2 out of 3 DCs I've installed it on so far have been OK. Last DC Software Centre is just stuck at downloading the update. Will keep everyone updated, hopefully the HyperV servers go OK.
  2. I've tested our DCs which are VMs first so if anything happened I could easily roll them back. Am guessing Microsoft must be confident with the 2016 patches as these seem to be still available but others have been pulled.
  3. 2016 I should add. Seems OK on a 2nd DC too. Not sure am brave enough for HyperV servers just yet.
  4. Just installed on a DC, restarted and all seems fine so far fingers crossed
  5. Yeah we are 2016 here, updates are not going to install until next week so hopefully we will have had some definitive information by then.
  6. Am still seeing 2016 updates available. Little worried as my HyperV's are 2016.
  7. Were on 2016 here and updates are due to install on the 19th, am guessing they will get pulled before then these updates.
  8. I think I must have had a mistake in my XML This seems to be working fine for me now.
  9. Upgraded SIMS, PaperCut, Unifi. Applied latest CU updates to servers. Upgraded SCCM. Thinks that's everything.
  10. Can't see in on my VLSC?
  11. What's the MSI called?
  12. Yeah I think the issue am having is the uninstall bit is set to uninstall all versions of Office so it's taking ages to work it's way through scanning for every version of Office to uninstall. I think if I changed the uninstall XML is specifically uninstall Office 2019 ProPlus it would speed things up.
  13. Maybe I didn't wait long enough?! Some have completed some have timed out. Confused
  14. Actually am now struggling, I've pushed this out to a set of laptops that has 2019 on and it's failing again with the same error. It's like the uninstaller can't find 2019 to uninstall?! Am doubting if it uninstalled the previous at all and I tested on a laptop without Office on?! I'll take another look tomorrow.
  15. This worked perfectly thank you @dazza007
  16. Ah thank you I've been tearing what little hair I have left out with this, I thought the ODT could uninstall any previous version but what do I know. Am trying your trick now @dazza007 hopefully it will sort it.
  17. Edit. I've fixed it - I've had to add these two URLS in Smoothwall. https://edge-enterprise.activity.windows.com https://edge.activity.windows.com We had Smoothwall installed over the summer so am guessing as staff and their laptops had the sync already setup it shows as working, but when a student logged in it couldn't setup the initial sync.
  18. All of a sudden (not sure how long exactly) but pupils Microsoft Edge profiles are not syncing. I have GPOs setup to auto sign in and this was working fine but just recently I've noticed all the pupils get the same errors "Not syncing" "Sync isn't available right now" Sync is working perfectly for staff, so not exactly sure what the issue is. Just wondering if anyone else has seen something similar? Cheers.
  19. What error are you getting with SCCM?
  20. Thanks soapyfish, I'll double check the NUC tomorrow it's a good few years old. We would have similar numbers maybe 40ish switches, 15 servers, 70 APs. Can it monitor printers?
  21. I've got an old Intel NUC would this be able to run Zabbix?
  22. Found it - must have had a blonde moment. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/contact-us
  23. Sorry to drag up a old thread but does anyone know where you log a support request for VLSC? Am sure I've done it in the past to request KMS keys but the email address I've used has bounced back.
  24. Looks interesting being able to use your own means it won't brick the dock if the cable breaks. My big problem with these HP docks is the cables they are not user replaceable if I could replace the cable I suspect I could salvage some of these docks. Anyone good at soldiering haha
×
×
  • Create New...