Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Millgate

Members
  • Posts

    1,594
  • Joined

Everything posted by Millgate

  1. Morning guys, I hope you're all well. I thought I'd stick with tradition and run a xmas promo First of all - the prizes!!!! https://www.christmashampersuk.com/shop/christmas-hampers?gclid=CjwKEAiA64uyBRCVmKyT2vuAjzgSJADfINB6nr-V7SqTLdltOQxbehGbdft-3VGtwkSRZEtmDCAsXhoCCiDw_wcB You could win one of 5 xmas hampers from the above link. Hampers will be worth around £100 each and filled with various goodies! Ideal for raffles or to hide under your desk leaving your colleagues wondering why you're slowly getting fatter & your speech is getting worse! HOW TO WIN! Nice and easy this year - we're basing it on toners! For every toner quote you send over to me and my guys, you will receive an entry. Then you'll receive a further 5 entries if you end up placing the order Also, post below so we know who's in! The quotes can be for originals or compatibles, just let us know what you need and we'll do the rest Any questions, let me know *DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WITH MANAGED PRINT CONTRACTS - I AM OPENING THIS UP TO ANY QUOTES. JUST SEND THE DETAILS ON EMAIL AND WE'LL DO THE REST* Luke
  2. Hey @round2it, We have a comms side of the company that can offer everything you have mentioned. Feel free to drop me an email and we'll hook you up Luke
  3. Morning guys, How is everyone doing? Sorry I've not been posting much recently - I've been lurking behind the scenes ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, I realised that I've not done any giveaways for a while sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................... Recommend a friend in IT to use me @ Millgate and you'll BOTH receive a chocolate pizza! See details below. They can either work in public sector or corporate world & as soon as they place their first order with me - the pizzas will be despatched with the fastest couriers known to man - probs on a 2-3 day lead time ALSO - to get entered into a random draw to win a free Dominos lunch for you at the guys & gals in your team - help promote the promo via Twitter by RT or mentions Any questions, let me know Luke
      • 3
      • Thanks
  4. Thanks @fairm010! Hi Andy, We offer our Edugate scheme that sounds like it'd tick all the boxes for you. Feel free to drop me an email or a PM and I'll be happy to help Luke
  5. Yes we do buddy. Feel free to drop me an email and I'll quote you happy! Luke
  6. I know Instar Digital Ltd & to say they were cowboys would be a complement! As with anything, you need to be careful who you choose. As long as you work with the right company, you'll have no problems
  7. One way to avoid the school being stung is to increase the monthly contributions made by the parents by a small amount (eg £1 per month per pupil). That money goes straight to the school so they can use that to cover any missing payments OR ask for a deposit up front
  8. Hey @bclarke, As you may know, we offer a 1:1 scheme. Drop me an email and I'll happily put you in touch with schools who have already done this Luke
  9. Hey there, I don't know if you've seen this thread but it's worth a read http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/136922-byod-solutions-edugate.html If you have any other questions though, feel free to drop me an email Luke
  10. Hey @DrCheese, The scheme can be tailored to fit any schools needs. It doesnt have to be Apple. That is the most popular choice but we've done schemes for Android and Windows too Feel free to drop me an email and I'll send you more info across. Also, we can come out to see you if you wish? Luke
  11. Hi guys, Random one for you this morning. I had a meeting with one of our partners yesterday who design and build custom apps. They work on any kind of device, any OS and look very good. They were good guys & I know one of them from working at Insight so we got chatting about their customer base and who they deal with etc. I was surprised to heat that 60-70% of his client base were schools! These apps range in price depending on what they do but some can cost £100k! So I was just wondering, with BYOD getting more popular all the time, have you had your own app developed or are you thinking about it? Luke
  12. Millgate

    Lenovo parts

    Hey Rob, If you drop me an email, I'll see if I can find them for you Luke
  13. Yup, we work with Veeam. Feel free to drop me an email or a call and I'll happily help you out Luke
  14. I've been dealing with these guys more and more and not had a problem. Great service so far Luke
  15. Hey Ryan, Feel free to drop me an email. We'll be able to help you out Luke
  16. Will do
  17. Hey superatticman, We can supply all of the above plus more. Big HP & Dell partner. We actually stock a lot of Dell kit these days so we can send it out next day I like to think our service is second to none & hopefully our fellow Edugeekers will vouch for that. Feel free to drop me an email and I'll be happy to help out Luke
  18. Morning guys, I hope you're all well. One of my large corporate clients wants to sell some of the kit they've just replaced. Ideally, they'd like to sell it all one to place for ease but they are open to offers. Is anyone interested? Essentially we have an Hitachi AMS 2000 SAN with two disk shelf’s and a HP 7000 series blade enclosure with 8 blades. As well as all the cables etc. Q Item 1 Hitatchi AMS 2000 Drive Shelve Upgrade 5x 600Gb 15K, 10x 2Tb SATA 1 HDS AMS2100 7TB Useable SAS 6G 3y HW/SW Support 2 HP - Power supply - 1.5 kW 8 HP - Transceiver module - SFP - 8Gb Fibre Channel (SW) 64 HP 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R-9 Kit 8 HP BL465C G7 6174 12C 1P 8G SVR 8 HP BL465C G7 O6174 12C KIT 2 HP BLc VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Opt 1 HP BLc7000 Single-Phase Enclosure w/6 Power Supplies and 10 Fans - Rack-mountable - 10U - power supply 1 HP E8206 zl Switch with Premium Software 8 Integrated Lights-Out Advanced Pack 1 LTU Win/Lin/Unix Here is the spec for a complete HP EVA SAN we have (it’s the oldest bit of kit) inclusive of fibre switches etc. Type HP StorageWorks EVA HSV200 SW Version CR1363xc3p-6220 2 x HP StorageWorks HSV200 EVA4000 EVA6000 Controller AD525A 8 x HP StorageWorks FC Drive Enclosure AD542B Storage Array Shelf AG572A (14 Fibre Channel Bay’s) 16 x HP StorageWorks EVA 364549-009 M5314C I/O A Modul AD623C 8 x HP StorageWorks M5314B Fibre Channel EMU Module AD625B 16 x HP StorageWorks PSU 212398-005 30-50872-02 with fan modules. 2 x HP StorageWorks 4Gb/s Fibre Channel FC SAN Switch A7984A 2 x HP StorageWorks EVA XL 852 Back End Switch Module 30-10022-01 408514-002 16 x HP StorageWork 6.6 Foot Copper Fiber Channel G4 Cable 17-05405-01 8 x HP StorageWork EVA Array Communication Cable 17-04876-03 5 x HP StorageWork ID Expander Cable 17-05403-01 1 x HP StorageWork Top Terminator 12-56288-03 1x HP StorageWork Bottom Terminator 12-56288-02 1 x HP FC EVA Communication Y Splitter Cable 17-05118-01 4 x HP StorageWork 0.5m EVA 4GB SFP FC Copper Cable 17-05405-02 All include rackmountings and rack mounting kits where applicable. Disks: 29 x 500GB’s Fibre P/N 366024-002 (1 Spare in box) 84 x 146.8 GB’s Fibre P/N 371142-001 2 x switch# sh ver Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS) Software TAC support: Support and Documentation Copyright © 2002-2010, Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. The copyrights to certain works contained herein are owned by other third parties and are used and distributed under license. Some parts of this software are covered under the GNU Public License. A copy of the license is available at The GNU General Public License v3.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation. Software BIOS: version 1.0.18 loader: version N/A kickstart: version 5.0(1a) system: version 5.0(1a) BIOS compile time: 01/07/10 kickstart image file is: bootflash:/m9100-s3ek9-kickstart-mz.5.0.1a.bin kickstart compile time: 12/25/2020 12:00:00 [02/21/2010 20:09:44] system image file is: bootflash:/m9100-s3ek9-mz.5.0.1a.bin system compile time: 2/2/2010 17:00:00 [02/21/2010 23:13:41] Hardware Cisco MDS 9148 FC (1 Slot) Chassis ("1/2/4/8 Gbps FC/Supervisor-3") Motorola, e500v2 with 1036308 kB of memory. Processor Board ID JAF1503ATRT Device name: switch bootflash: 1023120 kB Kernel uptime is 0 day(s), 0 hour(s), 2 minute(s), 51 second(s) Last reset at 751013 usecs after Mon Mar 23 04:05:47 2015 Reason: Reset Requested by CLI command reload System version: 5.0(1a) Service: switch# sh module Mod Ports Module-Type Model Status --- ----- -------------------------------- ------------------ ------------ 1 48 1/2/4/8 Gbps FC/Supervisor-3 DS-C9148-K9-SUP active * Mod Sw Hw World-Wide-Name(s) (WWN) --- -------------- ------ -------------------------------------------------- 1 5.0(1a) 1.0 20:01:00:05:73:c4:09:40 to 20:30:00:05:73:c4:09:40 Mod MAC-Address(es) Serial-Num --- -------------------------------------- ---------- 1 50-3d-e5-c4-88-04 to 50-3d-e5-c4-88-08 JAF1503ATRT Let me know Luke
  19. I can't see why not buddy. Drop me your details and I'll get your AM to give you a call. Either that or I will Yes, we offer leasing too. It's becoming more popular by the min We'll be able to sort something for you Luke
  20. Hey DCUK6, Not had many dealings with those guys so I couldn't say but feel free to drop me an email and I'll happy supply you with quotes etc Luke
  21. Hey Dan, Feel free to drop me an email with your details etc and I'll get one of our MS gurus to give you a buzz Luke
  22. Hi mate, We could recycle these for free for you if you wish but there's no resale value I'm afraid Luke
  23. You can move at anytime. You just need to fill in a "change of reseller form". Nice and simple usually Luke
  24. Hey Andy, As @fiza mentioned, we offer a scheme called Edugate. It's a BYOD scheme where the parentts can pay for the devices over 1, 2 or 3 years. We manage the whole thing via a portal. It's really rather cool. If you drop me a PM/email, I'll send you some more details or we can have a chat Luke
  25. Millgate

    Cheltenham

    Luckily I backed Coneygree (amongst others) so the balance is looking a lot better now
×
×
  • Create New...