Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. pooley

    Cycling

    I have just (this week) started cycling to work, about 5 miles each way. I thought I was dying on Monday (lack of excersize) but am getting used to it. Not sure if I'll do it in the rain though !!
  2. It's not hacking if the passwords writen on a post it and stuck to the screen??? Or does that just happen around here ??
  3. I've had this before, with mine the mouse pad would work b4 login but stop working from there on in. Fix- Disconnect power, remove and replace battery. Static build up or something. Si
  4. Same for me too. I wonder what response members would get from emailing their MP and asking why they didn't vote on their behalf?
  5. Where do I buy 1 of those?
  6. Wifey has a contract already so no chance of upgrade, so want to buy phone and use her current sim. Carl you have pm
  7. Any "geeker" selling an Iphone? I want one for the Mrs for her Birthday. Let me know what you have. Cash or trade for (NEW)Toshiba Satellite Pro L300-294 - 4gig Ram, §60gig hdd. Vista Pro. Cheers Si
  8. It maybe that i'm in a bad mood this morning but ive scored 33.33% BNP UKIP maybe better lol
  9. whats the point of voting? They ALL promise the world, then when they get into power they never deliver, and they don't incur any penalties for non-delivery. They're a bit like teachers, never lived and not living in the real world.
  10. I have just purchased a new laptop for one of our children, he/she is visually impared so we were advised to buy her a laptop to help her (if I was the parent i'd of bought it but hey ho) Now the head says this child should be allowed to take said laptop home and bring it in daily. Has anyone got this sort of thing going on? do you have a policy/document the parent signs etc? Obviously it will be locked down as much as is possible and AV'd up, but I still have worries!! Any advice? Si
  11. Is thasn english Will take a look at google Cheers Si
  12. Why is it that Joomla dislpays fine in Forefox and rubbish in IE7/8. In IE there are massive gaps at the top of articles, text is not confined to borders/margins etc. I hate m$ Si
  13. We use Webdav for simple file access, but are looking into Terminal services
  14. A request from ICT co-ordinator, any simple software around to introduce our KS2 children to web design/authoring ? Any suggestions? Si
  15. Impact here
  16. Welcome. Your company url is interesting = Make Money Online | Make Money Fast | Easy Cash | Make Fast Money Online Legally ???
  17. Some fantastic photos These are the National Geographic BEST pictures of the year.
  18. Had a similar issue where the touch-pad and keyboard stopped working once you logged in (was ok on welcome screen) Remove power and Battery, press the power butting for about 20 secs (discharge any static?) then reconnect battery and power cable. it worked for my problem S
  19. I can't seem to get my head around aligning the menu bar and logo image in Joomla. Penybont Primary School is the site, as you see the menu bar sits across the logo. How can I move either, I'd like the menu underneath the logo. Would I be better off using a different template? Thanks Si
  20. So they can supply the Ram and some batteries but not the laptops? Send it all back, especially if the RAM is for the laptops?
  21. Thanks Wes, Access will be via County ISA bos so should be ok there, the Office license is a bit of a stinger Ta Si
  22. I am looking to get away from Staff taking documents home due to the risks of loss etc, although memory sticks are encrypted I can't guarantee staff are using them correctly. We currently use WebDav, which has been ok, but I would prefer a full solution. So I am considering terminal services, so if I have this correct, Terminal services is a RDP connection? What are the licensing implications? Do I need anything other than a Server 2003/08 box for the users to hit? This will only be available to staff, so only looking at 30 or so users. Any caveats or issues I'm likely to come up against? Thanks Si
  23. Prob shouldn't of been allowed to take the KO, but the scots should of just booted the KO off the park, game over. Glad they didn't though :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  24. 4 servers here 1 for AD/DHCP/DNS - linked to Nas for file serving. 1 Webserver / wsus server 1 Exchange server 1 Mac OS Server
×
×
  • Create New...