-
Posts
633 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by markcuk
-
well from a travelers/backpackers point of few I usually have the following open firefox skype itunes thunderbird live writer live photo gallery so if it will not run these at the same time loads of travelers/backpackers will give this a miss. they are pretty big in the backpackers scene nearly everyone I have met around NZ as one
-
bet there will be away round this problem
-
argh trafford hows the new filter guys:D working great I bet as you were promised!?!
-
Be nice its just another opinion and another product for people to look into. You gonna need 3 quotes anyway might as well look at 3 or more different solutions/products as well ask for some demo equipment for a month or so and try it (most company's will do this) mark
-
sad who cares:confused:
-
ICT Technician job - Manchester (city centre)
markcuk replied to TheFopp's topic in Educational IT Jobs
thanks for that might apply will need a job when I get back to England -
ICT Technician job - Manchester (city centre)
markcuk replied to TheFopp's topic in Educational IT Jobs
when are the interviews taking place? -
How to make a bootable USB memory stick?
markcuk replied to button_ripple's topic in How do you do....it?
look for a program called flashboot -
Overview of what is avalible from the MoE
markcuk replied to SYNACK's topic in NZ Ministry of Education Projects
Hi Synack maybe this could be posted to PC WORLD magazine.Might come in useful for schools who don't know this information mark- 1 reply
-
- free software
- moe
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
The future (aka. to upgrade to Windows 7, Office 14 or not)
markcuk replied to localzuk's topic in Blue Skies
Thumbs up for NZ very good deal was amazed when I found out but I know of a school in Dunedin who didn't know this and were still paying for it:confused: and were thinking of moving to Linux because of this. Not sure if they checked in the end LOADS of schools here mac only (synack do they get deals on apple products to?)because there not cheap but I've seen primary schools running macs (there everywhere here) mark -
Registered workers ONLY (schools + companies) forums?
markcuk replied to mb2k01's topic in Comments and Suggestions
I wasn't trying to be rude but sorry if it came across that way:) Just that i am an ex techie and I don't see that I should be blocked from certain parts of the site just because I don't work in education anymore I still have friends in Education and I have also advertised this site with people I have met in New Zealand who work in education and also the private IT industry.And the feedback I have had as been very positive and they have thanked me for pointing them to this site.Plus I still use it lot for information. So lets keep it open and available to everyone as it should be as it was when a few of us used to use uk.education.schools-it on google groups REMEMBER:) I would rather see the rep power and the thanked thing go.Things have got a little out of hand since the introduction. anyway enough ranting i am going out to enjoy a hot day in Christchurch:D -
Registered workers ONLY (schools + companies) forums?
markcuk replied to mb2k01's topic in Comments and Suggestions
Here we go again:mad: Imagine people not in the UK having to fax someone or whatever just to prove they work in a school. This site as just been advertised in a New Zealand computer magazine as a open forum for anyone. If you are worried about someone from your school reading something you post maybe you should sort that issue out first. mark -
Any Online Room Bookings for schools?...
markcuk replied to SClarke's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yep another vote for this great system no problems with it.My old school are still using it we put up a small lcd outside the ict rooms so people could also see what was available etc mark- 31 replies
-
- online
- room bookings
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
will do got about 5 weeks left:mad: mark
-
hi matt the imacs will be wrecked in 1 week $5 bet:D seriously though I hope you are getting a specialist teacher and not you know who!!! other wise what a waste of money:troll: sounds fun will come in for look when its done mark
-
twisted ankle very good dark beer
-
having a beer at the twisted hop Christchurch:D
-
try these scripts. allows you to login same user to all workstations remotely.Just edit the script and run from server great for open day etc:) mark autologon scripts.zip
-
should be easy if your uncle lives there just look at the aussie immigration web site! http://www.immi.gov.au/ maybe get yourself a 1 yr whv visa and see if you like living there first
-
Ranger is indeed owned by RM and now has the right to do what they like with it they had certain restrictions when they bought it for 2 years.I remember finding that out and thinking OH NO were an RM network again. I thought they would of dropped RM cc3/4 and developed ranger and re badged it etc by now
-
Thanks Guys Just had a cool day on a self drive boat speeding round the Marlborough sounds in picton
-
what do you do to them we have over 250 and never messed up one:D
-
NZ ISPs and the Copyright Inquisition
markcuk replied to SYNACK's topic in NZ Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
yeah crazy but what happens when people download things using hotspots like IAC,ZIMBU over here will it mean hostels and the like will get there internet cut off?
