-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
I really wouldnt be suprised if its smartport. Its a nightmare, here's how I normally disable it: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5842-configure-auto-smartport-properties-switch-through-cli.html
-
Are most of your wireless clients connecting on 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz? Also what channel width are you using, your clients could be fighting over air time if its set to 80MHz or 160MHZ and you have a lot of clients connected to an AP.
-
I've done the AZ-104 course and exam and the AZ-305 course. I enjoyed both and they definatley made me feel a lot more comfortable in azure. I didnt learn as much as I did doing the cisco qualifications because most people the concepts are pretty familar (networking, firewalls, VMS, storage etc). I did go on a tour of the Azure data centre in Dublin a few years ago, was not as interesting as you'd inagine
-
I used to work with Adam (we both worked in education) before he started his business, he'll be able to quote you, really nice guy. https://msplab.cloud/education/
-
I have the Garmin Venu Sq Music, love it. Copied music to it so I don't carry my phone on runs, has gps and battery is great. Would defiantly recommend it.
-
exactly the same as us.
-
Which one did you get, bit of minefield on Ali Express.
-
I can recommend Adam at MSP lab. https://msplab.cloud/ Knows his stuff and he used to work in School IT (with me).
-
There's an argument that you shouldn't throttle at all. I.e. let the heavy user download and get off the network as fast as possible. This guy talks about it (although he's talking about rate limiting via the switch): https://wlanprofessionals.com/the-netflix-effect-on-guest-wi-fi-jim-palmer-wlpc-phoenix-2019/
-
I have a Ooni Karu 12, I love it, cook for the family on it most weeks and have taken it away and cooked for friends on it. Once you have a dough recipe you like then it's all really easy. I like the option to use wood and charcoal but I did buy the gas attachment as when you're cooking for groups of people, as it really speeds things along. If you need a Peel then I'd buy one from these guys, they're a good price and well made: https://www.slice-of-fire.co.uk/
-
I moved to the sticks a while back and am stuck with 10mbps until I can get starlink or FTTP (4G was less than 10mbps), myself and my wife both work from home and teams was often cutting out etc while both on a calls so I setup some QoS priorities on a Draytek router which has hugely improved my teams calls. I've never have any issues with my VPN or RDP etc (but saying that my latency is pretty good) but if you have two lines you could do some port based load balancing with a draytek. Should note that in Wales the Welsh Assembly will pay for the starlink dish, might be something similar in Scotland.
-
Watched Dune on the weekend, really enjoyed it. The visuals were beautiful.
-
If changing the bitrate doesn't fix the issue then its recommended to disable 802.11b if you can? https://blogs.cisco.com/networking/wi-fi-taxes-digging-into-the-802-11b-penalty
- 13 replies
-
Is your upn the same as your email? If not then that could get in the way???
-
I love this series, I hope its good!!
-
I'm sure you have but you'd need to extract the driver from the exe before looking for the driver when installing the OS.
-
Microsoft Cloud Products - Repeated Powershell Authentication
RobD replied to FN-GM's topic in Cloud Services
Potentially not the cheapest method but could you run it from a vm in azure? Then exclude it from MFA?? -
Microsoft Cloud Products - Repeated Powershell Authentication
RobD replied to FN-GM's topic in Cloud Services
We run all ours from a specific site and then exclude that site from MFA using conditional access. -
I'm reading The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. Really enjoying it.
-
Natilik do a lot of really good surveys: I've also used VCG and Open Reality
-
Depending on the switch, the terminology may change but I think this covers it: On the Edge: Create vlan 50 If its a dedicated port for a phone then you can untag the port, if its port for a phone that a PC also uses then you can tag the port with vlan and specify the vlan on the phone. tag vlan 50 on the uplink trunk to the core, On the Core: Create vlan with a interface IP tag vlan 50 on the downlink trunk to the edge. Add a IP helper to point at the DHCP server, As for a route, depends whats already setup, if you're using a totally different IP scheme for DHCP then potentially DHCP Setup DHCP and use the vlan 50 IP as the gateway.
-
Win a Western Digital 1TB MyPassport portable drive
RobD replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
"Me please!" -
Not forgetting all the wireless inside airports.
-
I think what I'd do is, install some modern aps and check the controller for events to see if it's even an issue. If it is I'd drop the AP power then the channel size to 20mhz so there's more available channels to use and potentially disable the u-nii-2 & 3 channels and just use channels 36, 40, 44 and 48 which are not subject to DFS. Nigel one the UK's cwne's has a great blog on it: The 5GHz “Problem” For Wi-Fi Networks: DFS
-
This is what DFS is for: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_frequency_selection
