Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. Not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to move it to a more suitable location if need be. So far watching this has eaten up far too much of my time, especially if you focus in on an airport. Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker! Enjoy !!
  2. I started using manual (rather than P) after a trip out with a club member. I had been suffering from camera shake since buying a 300mm lense but by using M mode, I can set a fast shutter speed to combat the shake and adjust the aperture accordingly. I do leave the ISO on auto though.
  3. A few pics from the weekend over at Priory Park in Bedford.
  4. As well as courses, look at joining a local camera club. I've learnt loads just from club activity evenings out and about with more experienced photographers.
  5. Woohoo, SysAdmin day and payday all at the same time
  6. What lens did you have the filter screwed onto?
  7. I've just sent her the link
  8. She picked up a cheap DVD of "Eat, Pray, Love" yesterday. She enjoyed it, it was ok ... I found some of it a bit too glossy and predictable.
  9. Nice one Iain. I've been struggling to run in the humid evenings but managed a 5k in 34:43 which is way off my best. For some reason since I did my ankle, I don't seem to be able to pick up the pace. I blame the weather!! lol.
  10. Nice. Love the Vulcan ones. I'll be seeing it at Eastbourne next month.
  11. A couple taken at Box End a few weeks ago ...
  12. 52 wks here, school finishes today for 7 weeks so a nice empty school, then I've got the first week of term off to go to Somerset, so 8 weeks without any students ... Bliss.
  13. I do hope we're not going to get too bogged down in this thread
  14. Going to the loo ... 5 minutes max. In and out. If I want to read I can think of far more comfortable places to go and do that. Getting ready for work, 25-35 minutes approx.
  15. I seem to recall Hogweed causing a bit of a storm back in the 70's.
  16. A little something from the weekend ... Bradgate Park in Leicestershire.
  17. Having worked in schools for nearly 20 years I've seen a fair few Ofsted inspections but have never been called upon once, not even for the wireless password.(Long may it continue).
  18. Wicked! I'm off to the east coast for a few days on Weds so can do some sun worshipping.
  19. Test as you go along, nothing worse than having to undo a bundle to find a rogue cable at the end.
  20. That is correct, I just had my test paid for as well as £40 towards the cost of glasses. (I think you only get the contribution towards glasses if your optician states that you need them for computer use, rather than just needing them generally). We have to get a form filled in at the time of the test which has a tick box that states that you need the glasses for VDU use and so the optician always ticks that and I get the £40 back. I bought some from Specsavers for £85, got a free pair as well, and so only paid £45 for two really nice pairs of specs
  21. Nice one Iain, sounds like hard work
  22. Not strictly an IT job but you might know someone that's interested. Business Manager Shenley Brook End School Grade 11 (£42,957-£50,598 per annum) Full time Permanent Start date: ASAP Closes: 1.00pm, Thursday 2 July 2015 More details will be on Home | Shenley Brook End School later in the week A pdf is available from ...http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/assets/attach/28805/Business Manager - Shenley Brook End.pdf
  23. A couple more from Sandy yesterday.
×
×
  • Create New...