-
Posts
649 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mole
-
True Detective? Bit slow to start but last Ep 4 (i think) just went mad! Also Black Sails - pirates! Yarrrr! - made by Starrs who did Spartacus so some decent violence and 'adult' action. or Todd And The Book of Pure Evil is funny, purile but funny.
-
Still I count this as a 'one off' success delivery and will avoid like the plague in future
-
Aha, yes, was waiting to type the post of shame! As it happens its been delivered, all good and I quote "have earned serious brownie points"
-
So I thought I'd order the misses something for valentines day - up popped serenata flowers with free guarenteed delivery for the 14th, great I thought - ordered some bits, found a discount voucher-even better - paid and then saw on the invoice it is going to delivered by.............Yodel Do i cancel or hope for the best?
-
https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3d9519919PH8%1BUSESSION=6BADEBDFF91640C5B7A4CE0F2B00045A&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA or https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/etrec105gf.open?wvid=3817591jNg or Vacancies and how to apply - University of Exeter details: The above full-time post is available immediately in the College of Humanities on a fixed term basis for three years. Main purpose of the job: The IT Assistant will work as part of the Technical and Infrastructure team to support and help develop the use of IT and AV equipment among the members of the College of Humanities. Main duties and accountabilities: • Support members of the College in their use of IT equipment including, but not limited to, desktop PCs, laptops, printers, smartphones/other mobile devices, VoIP telephones. • Undertake fault diagnosis and resolution, liaising with other members of the College technical team and central Desktop Support Team where necessary • Assist and train members of the College in the use of IT equipment and software • Keep College IT equipment inventories updated • Organise and record deployment of new,spare and loan IT equipment within the College • Organise and record correct disposal of obsolete equipment • Maintain an awareness of latest technologies • Assist with controlling and granting access to College shared resources • Support data integrity requirements including encryption, backup and security for standard Windows-based computers, and non standard hardware such as Apple computers
-
I know there many awesome photos of the storm around but thought I'd share one of mine from yesterday:
-
JVCS? Video Conferencing for Learning: JVCS Booking of course you'd still require cameras etc....
-
I use the RII mini and it's a bit poor with the distance from keyboard to receiver, I can get about 1.5 metres before it starts being unresponsive, otherwise its quite good and cheap.
-
A Bitfenix Prodigy M case and Zalman CNPS9700 NT cpu cooler and external bluray drive. Had a productive new years eve transferring all the bits from my old fractal case into this much smaller one.
-
you can get the pro version free for 1 year, dont know about converting ppt to doc though Kingsoft Office Professional 2013 Free Download Offer
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
hmmm yes please!
-
That looks good, interesting, relevant and useful. So no will not be attending. Probably have some ladder training which is much more important.
-
ta will check this out
-
Indeed, so people end up putting p&p up to cover this extra fee, as well as cost of packaging etc... I had someone complain after they paid and received a pair of shoes that £5 for p&p was too much and for that price they should have come with the box. Well (and this was just before RM changed their prices) if they came in a box it would have cost me £8 to post them. I went off on one and basically said - you came, you saw, you buyed. end of. I wonder if these people complain if they buy a new TV, get it delivered do they then complain to currys that they charged them too much delivery? I expect not.
-
Yep had this a few times - being stung by fees for having to relist. And the people that bid and pay and then complain about postage or something. Don't really think it's worth selling on ebay with ebay selling and postage fees and paypal fees. gonna try facebook/gumtree next time i sell sometihng.
-
Well all seems well with it. Picture is good, audio is good. No complaints.
-
"Surely the type or make of the TV shouldnt come into it. It cost you £300 so that is what you should get?" Nope, it shouldn't be new for old, it should be the cost of the product now (I think), so we are really getting a good deal, plus there's 5yr manufacturer guarentee with it. I was just asking if anyone else had any experience of them and if they were any good, anyways I'll find out tonight!
-
yea i saw that too, unfortunately western power dist use a local firm to do their claims - in a way it would be a 'like for like' replacement as the tv that blew was an Argos £300 acoustic solutions tv, so it was not the best to be fair!
-
hi there we are getting a Linsar 32" hd tv as a replacement for one we had die in the great storm of monday. I've not heard of them before - so has anyone else? found out they use the similar sort of parts made in turkey by vestel but thats all i know. Buy Linsar 32LED400S LED HD 720p Smart TV, 32" with Freeview HD, Black online at John Lewis thanks
-
Ta, thanks too much of a coincidence, boot settings change themselves! After I've set them when these 2 disks are connected. Back to the dodgy disks. Maybe cmos bat forgetting settings? But only 1yr old so... Pc has win updates but not firmware updates for disks. My mission for tomorrow as it looks like I wont be going out, thanks weather!
-
Hi there. I have 2 hdds that in disk mgr say they have both failed. They are mirrored as they hold all my films,music etc.. Same make,model,purchase date etc.. Strange thing is when they are connected the pc defaults to one of them for 1st boot device, and even changing back in bios to my os disk still just says insert boot device. Only when they are dissconnected will it boot to the proper disk. Could it be dodgy sata cables or something else? I need to boot with them disconnected and then when in windows7 connect them to see they are marked as failed in disk mgr. Any help mucho appreciated!
-
hi on one our our pc's we have an issue where although smartink and like run ok so you can write over word etc.... we cannot get the pens to just write on the smartboard/desktop ie: write over everything. when you try the pen just acts if you are holding down the left mouse button and dragging a selection - been through some settings but cannot get it to work any ideas?
-
MONTY'S ROCKCAST | THE BEST PODCAST IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!
-
Ha! the joys of working in a Uni.
