-
Posts
276 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Andi
-
OK, I've removed the global catalogue tick from the second DC just leaving it on the one that has WDS. Trying again....
-
Oooh, I have both my DCs set to be a global catalogue server. Is that a bad thing?
-
Everything is going ok with creating the images etc, but after the capture the upload of the image fails. The error is: "Uploading image to the WDS server The system cannot find the file specified." I've checked the permissions on the reminst share and given everyone full control (for troubleshooting) of that and the NTFS but that hasn't made any difference. I am running low on space on the drive that the reminst share is on, but not low enough to affect this yet I don't think. I have approx 4GB spare. I'm getting a BINLSVC error in eventvwr: "Event Type: Error Event Source: BINLSVC Event Category: BINLSVC Event ID: 522 Date: 12/09/2007 Time: 09:01:52 User: N/A Computer: THEODEN Description: An error occurred in the Active Directory Connection Manager while querying a Global Catalog server. Verify that a Global Catalog server is available on the network. Error Information: 0x2AF9" Could this have anything to do with it?
-
I'm trying to get WDS configured in native mode to dish out XP images. Using the tips that are in the sticky I started to get somewhere but suddenly I'm getting our PXE thinstation loading when I F12. I have the Thinstation boot file in the reminst share, and have DHCP scope options set to show the "thinstation.nbi.zpxe" file as the bootfile name (Option 67). This was how I originally setup thinstation and it always worked fine alongside RIS. However now it looks like there is a clash between the two. What am I supposed to do? Is there any way of separating the two onto different servers/shares for example? I desperately need to get WDS working, but it needs to work alongside Thinstation for our terminal clients. PS Sorry for the double post, I posted this in the Windows forum by mistake earlier.
-
Presumably this is a different company to A2Z Computing from South Wales?
-
I'm trying to get WDS configured in native mode to dish out XP images. Using the tips that are in the sticky I started to get somewhere but suddenly I'm getting our PXE thinstation loading when I F12. I have the Thinstation boot file in the reminst share, and have DHCP scope options set to show the "thinstation.nbi.zpxe" file as the bootfile name (Option 67). This was how I originally setup thinstation and it always worked fine alongside RIS. However now it looks like there is a clash between the two. What am I supposed to do? Is there any way of separating the two onto different servers/shares for example? I desperately need to get WDS working, but it needs to work alongside Thinstation for our terminal clients.
-
THANKS VERY MUCH OAKIE! That's by far the most comprehensive guide I've found so far, saved my bacon.
-
Oh dear. I thought it might have been related to that. I have tried a BIOS update to the most recent version for that motherboard (Shuttle AV49N) but still the same issue. I guess I'll try and find a tool to manually set the GUID, or buy a whole new set of motherboards. Cheers Geoff.
-
I'm getting the duplicate GUID issue with a certain batch of PCs. Everytime I try and rebuild them with RIS using the on board network card they come up with the same station name as each other. Same thing happens with a different network card, except it is a different station name. Any clues on what on earth could be causing this?
-
Now we're getting somewhere. If I add the computer name itself to the security filtering the policy gets applied. If that computer is a member of a security group and the group is added to the security filtering the policy gets denied. So, my only thoughts are that computers cannot be filtered in terms of their groups? Does domain local or global make a difference in this instance?
-
gpresult turned up some answers. "Install Olympus Dictaphone Filtering: Denied (Security)" Now to find out why it has been denied.
-
Yes, when deployed in the usual way the software installs with no problem.
-
I may have worded something wrong that confused you. It is a computer policy and it is set in the computer config section of the GPO. The OU only contains computers. The computers I want it to apply to have been added to a security group. This group has been given 'apply group policy' permission in the security filtering section of the GPMC.
-
I've already done the gpupdate /force so it's not that. I will try the other suggestions though. Thanks.
-
Just gave the specific group full NTFS permissions on the packages folder, and everyone has read access to the share, still nothing. Nothing in the local machine's eventvwr. I just tried allocating a different package to the same group but nada.
-
Sorry to keep bumping this, has anyone got any more ideas? I cannot see what I have done wrong. Could it be something like permissions on the packages share?
-
Yes it does.
-
The GPO is at the top level of the OU tree. e.g. Network Computer (GPO set here) - ICT1 Computers - ICT2 Computers - Science Computers
-
Tried it with the user policy merged but no difference. Any ideas?
-
Thanks for the reply. Why would I need to do that? The computer itself is a member of the security group, not the user, and the policy is set on the computer section of the GPO.
-
I'm trying to assign some software via GPO to a select group of PCs that are spread out over a few different OUs. I've created a group and made the stations a member of the group. Created a GPO that assigns the software and removed authenticated users from the security filtering section and added my new group giving them 'assign group policy' rights. However, the software never seems to arrive. I've tested the same package just by assigning it to a test OU which is as I normally would allocate software and it installs with no issues. What stage am I missing? I've googled this to death and can't find what I've done wrong.
-
Righto, OK cheers. *gulp*
