-
Posts
352 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by solitaire89
-
I love it! I think I'm going to have to suggest that we have some new software here!!
-
AVG - workstations not connected to the DataCentre
solitaire89 replied to solitaire89's topic in Windows
Nope - no joy, but thanks! I'm just wondering about trying a full uninstall and re-install, rather than a repair of the install.... -
AVG - workstations not connected to the DataCentre
solitaire89 replied to solitaire89's topic in Windows
hold on a sec............. -
AVG - workstations not connected to the DataCentre
solitaire89 replied to solitaire89's topic in Windows
enabled, but with the 2 exceptions that AVG states (i.e. to allow incoming echo request (ping), and File and Printer Sharing)... -
Any chance of any help people, if I smile nicely Having got the BSOD's sorted (thanks ppl!), I'm still having issues with this product... Out of all the (few) machines I've pushed the AVG out to (using the Admin Console on the server), I have about 50% that don't seem to be communicating with the DataCentre. On the workstations it shows the Remote Administration component as not active, and the DataCentre has them listed in the Non-Compliant Stations... I don't understand how they're not "in contact" though, because it was pushed out to them all in the same batch, and it was installed on ALL workstations. If I try to test the connection settings on a "non-compliant" machine it times out, yet the settings are the same on machines that are in communication with the DataCentre. What am I missing? It's driving me nuts!
-
And the problem with that is...??? On a serious note... Yes. And I was taught on my course to take the plug apart to check internally, and when you think about the time scale of that alone, let alone the actual test part it gives you an idea of how long it takes. Sorry!
-
Did you get them sorted?
-
Modern Art?
-
yeah, but she'd also never get her boots back
-
I know I am! I also know that it's hillarious when people ask my OH a techy question that he can't answer, he turns and asks me - the look on their face is a picture Not that it happens often though...
-
I agree - people do have a steriotyped image of what I should look like. As for the battery guy, I would have made some comment, but he was the son of the boss of our (now ex-) support company. I didn't think it wise to!
-
It's interesting that you say that - it's discussion my OH and I often have. He's in IT too, and maintains that there's no "discrimination" (in " " because it's too strong a word) against women in IT, but I don't agree. My experiences have been very much that as soon as I meet anyone that comes in to look at our kit, they always start to put things in simple terms. To the extent that I've even had one guy show me a BIOS battery and ask me if I'd ever seen one before..... Do other women get this sort of reaction at all, or is it just beacuse of my blonde hair?
-
Hi!! I have to say I'm quite surprised by the number of girlies here!!
-
bugger that!! Quick - report them to tradin standards, and send me the boots
-
Could be a bit of a shock to find out later!!! Where did you get them from?
-
Not sure if this is the right place, hopefully mods will move it if need be. Does anyone have/use/know of SpeedSkin Language conversion? The info I keep finding on the internet on it suggests it's just a flexable cover that sits on your keyboard so you can type in different language once you've set it in Windows. The printed bumph I've been given by the Head suggests it's more than that and will somehow "convert" EVERYTHING to your chosen language?! Seems a bit far fetched to me though... And if it is just a cover, don't they wear out? Thanks everyone
-
hold on - do you mean that you love the boots more than you love your bf, or do you mean that he also likes wearing the boots, but you like wearing them more?!
-
only 2 back up pairs? I'd not risk it
-
Found out that my dress for fairly posh "black-tie" do on Sat doesn't actually fit any more - damn you, Christmas booze! Now can't eat any chocolate biscuits or have any wine for a week On the plus side - it could mean buying a new dress, and therefore new shoes (girls - there's your next excuse!)
-
What's the gender ratio in your department?
solitaire89 replied to powdarrmonkey's topic in General Chat
1:1 - there's only 2 of us! Hold on, you say not teaching? The NM is IT teacher - does that make it 1:0 (F:M)?! -
Gees - that was quick! I only went to top up my glass!
-
Hey, I'm not putting my neck on the line - the cauliflower will fall off my face
-
Quick question... In light of all that's been going on. Does anyone know roughly, what's the proportion of men to women on this forum? I would put it as a poll in a new thread, but don't want to rock any boats here. I'm just interested as I havn't met many other women in IT before
