-
Posts
352 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by solitaire89
-
issues with trying to push it out over the network (using msi...), I've got a couple of ideas which I'm going to try first before I admit defeat - thanks for asking though May be calling on you later
-
At the moment -Serif DrawPlus.... If I don't get anywhere quick with it, I'll be posting a new topic soon
-
I agree entirely! Aren't the Romans one of the first who kept secular records? Census records, minutes from important meetings and the like? I'm not talking about the Bible here.
-
Nah, you're all a figment of mine.....
-
Actually it isn't It is thought that at the point of the big bang, matter was at around that size... I wasn't meaning that particularly literally, it was an example of what people use for why they don't believe Christianity is right - "they're fools, they believe in a virgin birth"... you get my point?! And yet how many lay people who do believe that have read the full theory of the big bang, and how many who say Christainity is wrong know that factually, backed up from non-religious texts and records that there was a man who claimed to be the son of God, performed unexplained actions (magic or miracle withstanding), he was crucified, his body disappeared from his guarded grave and he was then seen again? All of the above is not meant to offend/insite riot Just to promote discussion on:
-
Sikh judge Sir Mota Singh criticises banning of Kirpan
solitaire89 replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
And the same with the Scottish Sgian Dubh (small knife worn with full Scottish dress) - only problem is that 9 times out of 10 they're blunt, and if you get a true Scots man and it's drawn, they will still try to draw their own blood... -
Sikh judge Sir Mota Singh criticises banning of Kirpan
solitaire89 replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Kirpans can be under 3" too - that was what I was getting at I don't see any diffence between carrying a leatherman to carrying a kirpan -
I find it very interesting that many people merrily believe (which actually cannot be proven only surmised) that at at one point in time the whole of matter including all planets and everything on them (buildings/people/animals/mountains/oceans/the whole kit and kaboodle) was so small that it would be smaller than a single electron... And yet they find the concept of a virgin birth and creation difficult to comprehend...
-
Sikh judge Sir Mota Singh criticises banning of Kirpan
solitaire89 replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Oh, hold on, haven't they already done this?! -
Sikh judge Sir Mota Singh criticises banning of Kirpan
solitaire89 replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
I believe not.... -
Sikh judge Sir Mota Singh criticises banning of Kirpan
solitaire89 replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Hmm... Could do better I agree - but then the laws on carying knives are very mis-understood in this country.... Whether they're ceremonial, in my handbag as a "tool of the trade", or in some yob's pocket as a weapon. -
Sikh judge Sir Mota Singh criticises banning of Kirpan
solitaire89 replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Sorry, I read it as being banning everyone from wearing them in schools... Sorry So what's the call with swiss army knives on D of E then (for kids)? -
Sikh judge Sir Mota Singh criticises banning of Kirpan
solitaire89 replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Playing devil's advocate here - how many techs carry a leatherman/swiss army? Not trolling, and not agreeing/disgreeing with the ruling - just food for thought. -
Can you print multiple copies from other programs? Is the problem just when you print from Office apps?
-
How do you stop a car with a jammed accelerator?
solitaire89 replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Suppose it depends who's on the crossing, or who's in the other car... -
I'd better buy some taller heels then What a good excuse for another pair of shoes [/GIRLY-NESS] I agree about the teacher and NM thing (and yes, I know there are exceptions to every rule! ), put it this way - You can be the best driving instructor in the world. It doesn't make you a car mechanic.
-
Now you see why I don't believe that there is no gender bias in IT I'm a blonde young woman, he's a man who's been "in IT"* most of his working life * For "in IT", please read "He's been an IT Teacher"...
-
Had a good one this morning - had to re-load a laptop, but as the media was missing (as per usual) couldn't use the OEM key. Raised the subject, and conversation went along these lines: Him: Well can't you use that key that you pretty much know off by heart (long story as to why I know it!) Me: What? The only that I know like that is for Office 2003?! (Um, no - obviously) Him: Yeah, that's the one... Me: Um, no - its for OFFICE Him: Yes, but it's both Microsoft so it'll work... At which point my phone rang, and he walked off... Want to know what's even more worrying... He's my NM...
-
There are several things I'm actively looking at right now. I already make bridal jewellery (tiaras and fascinators and the like) and and would quite like to do more of that... Failing that my Mother and I are seriously looking into starting an "event and wedding planning" business. We've planned lots of events for people before, and both really enjoy it. I really enjoy helping people to make the most of their budgets, especially when it comes to weddings - you don't have to pay the earth to get exactly what you want The other one, which is not going to happen, unless I win the lottery as pay is not fantastic, is to work at the Safari Park again. My degree was in animal behaviour, so it would be great to get back into working with animals again.
-
That's not bad - I think we're coming up for another round of quotations. Might get in touch with them. Thanks
-
Do you think that'll work?!
-
What are their prices like?
-
Sadly the last time I checked the old keyboards (which have now gone), they weren't tiddly ones, and didn't have a nice external supply... hence the question. I may be blonde, but I am capable of carrying out a PAT
-
Right - bone to pick with you lot, cause it's obvious that the SMT here have been reading this forum. having worked so hard to convince them that it/science tech's don't do PAT testing in any other school, and now having a third party in to do the testing, we're due for inspection, and some things have slipped the net. And they've decided to get me to do the backlog in half term. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! It's worse than being on death row - the "anticiation" of such a half term Tell me, do keyboards (of thee music department variety, obviously) have sealed plugs by any miracle?
-
Don't tease! It's just not fair!
