-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
Yes and group policy results display as success too. I didn't have reconnect ticked. It seems to happen if a user logs on and off and then on again. It doesn't happen in a morning after its been shutdown. I made some changes tonight that will hopefully resolve.
-
Anyone have issues with mapping drives through group policy preferences windows 7. My dcs are s2008 r2. The drives map no problem but they should be hidden. Sometimes they will be and the next not. So frustrating
-
Such contrasting opinions. I'm still none the wiser. Have a demo printer coming tomorrow so I'm sure I'll know more when I let it loose in a btec class of 30 who just love printing . I appreciate all your comments.
-
Has anyone got a managed print solution with this company? If so i would like your thoughts please. Please be as detailed as possible. Thanks once more edugeekers
-
I think the name is misleading. I am not sure that is actually correct.
-
There is good reason for this. I am considering a managed print solution and the two in question have approached me recently. By no means is this set stone, i feel I have a reasonsibility to justify my decisions so I am gathering as much info as I can. At this point I am only interested in kyo and oki. We use Ricoh presently for our colour lasers. Can't fault them. For mono we do already use kyo, so from experience we have fully road tested them. They have proved to be cheap enough, reasonable running costs and reliability has been good too. Thanks
-
I have that in hand. Just wondered if my fellow edugeekers had any info.
-
Your thoughts please. Please explain your reasoning.
-
No sorry dms being the company name
-
Your thoughts on the above if possible please.
-
Well a managed solution would take away the problems regardless I guess. The problem is I don't want to have to call the company every five minutes. I have no experience of them whatsoever. Thats not a good start
-
I was just about to ask for Justification. Thanks. HP have served us well too although not very many. We have used kyo for years they are reliable and cheap enough to run. So would you advise to stay away. I'm not talking replacementng one or two this is a full fleet of 50. I need to get it right
-
Thanks!! i think the one word answer pretty much sums them up!! I would still like some more opinions. thanks
-
Hi guys We have used kyocera here for years and they have proved to be very good. Recently i have been looking into a managed print solution and OKI are the main supplier of a company we have been recommended. Everything i have read has been negative so far. Is there anything positive that anyone can add for me? Thanks in anticipation.
-
Not sure this is the right category but I thought I would share my thoughts on our new visitor and staff management system. So this week we finally puchased and implemented inventry. No more paper signing out, all digitally recorded and backed up in a secure cloud accessable from anywhere in the world over the web or iPad application. Inventry can also be used for students too but at this stage we are not using it. Early days yet but already It's been life changing for our receptionist. No hassle they just use the friendly interface of invetry to input their names etc, smile for a photo and off their identity badge prints. There is a little work at the start to import all staff VIA csv and you can also import any regular visitor info including crb information. It gets better. No more problems for the receptionist ringing every extension in school until they locate you, if the visitor is here to see you you are sent an email or sms (costs apply) with visitor name and picture letting you know they waiting in reception. We have chosen to print out own I'd badges internally too through inventry, straight onto our door access cards with a. Option to have it done they them too. I would definatley recommend it, its awesome. It's not overly expensive. We added a couple of add ons like an extra staff swipe point in another location and the printer to print our I'd badges. The developers are extremely friendly and are happy to answer any questions. Most importantly.... Ofsted love it.. it ticks all the safeguarding boxes. Check it out..
-
Apologies for starting a new thread here but the last one was quite dated. I am looking for a new room booking system with integration (if possible) with SIMS.net. Its such a pain trying to manage the two. There must be other people in my position. Cost is no issue, we currectly use MRBS which has been good to us for years but i think its time for a change. Thanks
-
I am having difficulty connectiog to an available class. The reciever is connected and the clicker sees the class however when i try to connect it says class not available. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
-
hi there I have recently installed windows 7 onto some computers and we are using mandatory profiles for some reason the start menu seems to be a little slow and i have all disable all search policies in group policie etc. I think i am missing something in group policy, a setting is being applied somewhere that is causing the start menu to be a little slow. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for an icon to be highlighted. I was going to start by removing policies and seeing if this helps but i bet someone has had a simular issue before. If you have experienced this please help. It may be the mandatory profile itself however this works perfectly in my TS environment. Admittedly i havnt had change to compare policies that apply in my TS environment.
-
Yes i thought that this would be the case. Thanks Guys.. That suits me.
-
Hi all I am looking at getting in some equipment to make personalised mugs at my school. Does any know of any good/good value for money companies? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
-
I am currently reviewing how staff report issues. We have a helpdesk system implemented at present but getting staff to use it is another problem!! They tend to send us an email so as a resulk i thought it would be good to use an outlook form. I have requested a trial for ccs service request as this does what i need but at a price. Had anyone got an outlook form that i could look at for this purpose?
-
Just to inform you I writted a vbs to solve this with a sleep command. If anyone ever has as issue please ask ill be happy to assist
-
Its a teaching and learning exercise. A series of jpgs will rotate with differnt taching techniques . Not sure of another way to get this message accross. Any ideas
-
Anyone know how to set an animated Gif as a desktop wallpaper server 2008?
-
I have just had a chat with a guy from bluesocket and i have requested a trial.. I am just wondering what you guys think of it? How does it compare to its competitors etc.? Thanks
