Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. My apologies if this is the wrong category. I am trying to deploy Adobe Acrobat as part of the CC packages and it will not install. In previous years we had to do this as part of the exceptions deployer but it seems that its now part of the packager. Im at a loss. Nothing to suggest its failing in EV. ANy suggestions.
  2. Indeed when I rebooted a couple of times it was back to normal. Just coincidence I was running the dot net update! Thanks chaps
  3. Tried that.. didn't work.. not tried logging in again. I'll try Monday
  4. Yes all of them.
  5. Yes I have been trying to sort impero v6 too. How random. I guess you have rolled out .net 4.6.2?
  6. So randomly the majority windows 7 machines with the exception of about ten from 200 have started to display an 'other user' box prior to login. Nothing has changedin group policy and i have confirmed that it is running via RSOP etc. I have 'not not require ctrl alt del' and 'do not display last username' enabled in GP. its really bugging me thats its doing this now. At first i thought it may be becuase i started a roll out of .Net 4.6.2 but its happening on machines i havent deployed it to too. I have tried removing it from the OU and adding it to another OU with no success. ANy suggestions?
  7. Check there are no wmi filters in place. It might seem like it's meant to apply in its hierarchical structure but if you are os filtering it may notZ
  8. Kms has minimum counts before it it will start to activate but it is in event viewer. There are no minimums with adba
  9. Check the version of the os you are using. Wasn't always supported. Only more recent updates support this. That's what I have set in GP and mine works perfectly fine
  10. Active directory based activation for win 10
  11. Remove dns entries for sip and remove entries from ad attributes I think
  12. Salamander is the best money I have spent in years. It's gone from being a user management tool to us using it to automate loads of other stuff. It's just awesome
  13. Oh sorry, completely misread that one. Blame Doris !
  14. Mandatory for students roaming for staff
  15. I had it. It was the profile for me. My techie targets a .v5 and not v6. All is well now I created a new man profile
  16. Sounds like a Profile issue. Have you configured a new profile? Try logging in and letting it create a local account. I had his
  17. It does have a planner for assigning homework too etc. Works well.
  18. Look at epriase. Combines to be a student reward system too. Loads of other useful tools and it's cheaper that its competitors
  19. Backups concern me with onedrive though. It's also a pain to get to a users drive quickly via 365 admin.
  20. I'm struggling to get it to consistently map. It just doesn't show for some users and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have adfs etc and it works fine but only for some users. If I give them a new their profile it works though. Must be caching something
  21. Trial and error for us. Made loads of changes to the registry. It's been a bit of a nightmare but I'm there now. Last change for me was removing the power user menu or windows x menu. You will have some Fun though! It's taken me months of logging in and out! Still unhappy with login times though.. so frustrating
  22. Scrapped it I'll use mdt instead. It's must easier anyway
  23. We raise a ticket on behalf of the teacher and cc the student in. 1. Because we give the teacher the ability to do this so it's a gentle reminder. 2. I'll check their last login in ad and if it's as recent as the same day or the day before I'll make a note of this in the ticket and the teacher generally deals with it. This works a treat and I can honestly say I cannot remember the last time we reset a password.
  24. Struggling to achieve a domain join with a windows 10 unnatend answer file. I prestage devices and in windows 7 i specified computername to be %machinename% and everything was perfect. I believe this is ignore in Windows 10. My question is how to i get it to join the domain using my prestaged device setup? Cannot figure this one out. If anyone has a working unnatend file where i have to manually enter the computer name i dont mind doing that bit. Thanks
  25. I think I'm there now. Granted, it's really been a pain messing with ref keys etc etc but seems stable now. Just wish I could completely get rid of the sign in animation (I have hidden it) .kids log in in bout 15 seconds but it's 4 seconds on 7. Even managed to get thenstart screen working with IE too using unc paths. Works every time. Operation test now for us in a classroom or two
×
×
  • Create New...