-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
I had a k6-2 450, happy days, it went at 450Mhz! The clue was in the name don't you know. It was exactly 100Mhz faster than my old K6-2 350 which made it 28% faster. You knew all this information just by reading the model number! It was easy being a techie in those days. (besides you actually noticed the difference the faster processor made)
-
95 wont work on new PC's It has all sorts of issues with new hardware and drivers. Its an apple product, you do as you are told and whoop for joy at the privileged of not having control of hardware that you paid for. But hey, it looks kind of pretty which is all that matters.
-
Since Weymouth council are destroying the road system here for the next year, the temptation to buy another bike is almost overpowering.
-
Well done. I passed my tests first time, 1 x motorcycle test, 1 x American driving test (no lessons and <2hours car driving experience) and 1 x English driving test (after 6 lessons).
-
I have never needed it, but with these long contracts 18 - 24 months it might be worth it. My friend has had a ton of problems with his current phone, the thought of dropping it into a pint and getting a new one would have appealed. I have saved around £1K over the past 10 years by not having insurance. Phones 4 you are trying to say that you are buying the contract and the phone is free and therefore not covered by a guarantee (I would love to see this tested in court as it is the worst sort of male cow solid waste).
-
The switches do support this,
-
I have two linked netgear smart switches that are linked via one uplink cable. I have two networks on different ip ranges (admin & curriculum) the switches are currently connected to the curriculum network. What I need to happen is to route admin traffic from a port on the first switch to a port on the second via the one uplink cable. I am just not quite sure how I set this up, but I am sure it should work. (I also have a feeling this is just as easy as telling the switch which port is on the different ip-range) Advice please.
-
Fringe has been renewed! I got very upset when they cancelled Sarah Connor chronicles, they just ended it with the future all fubared
-
Apple (United Kingdom) - iPad - The best way to experience the web, email & photos On the scrolling slide show half of the things it shows that you can do with it are blatantly awkward to use an Ipad for. Typing an email (on a touch screen! Argghhhh!) Listening to your music (I think mp3 players are just a tiny bit more portable) Surfing the web (Flash is not perfect, but you know what its actually a fairly large part of the fun bits of the web) Actually that's a 1/4 of the uses shown. And the picture of Steve Jorbs makes me want to Vomit.
-
Your site does not render correctly in Firefox or Google Chrome. It may be worth ditching the frames.
-
Any members runners or sports people, I've got an injury :(
ICT_GUY replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Just the first 4 I googled 8) -
Any members runners or sports people, I've got an injury :(
ICT_GUY replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Running will kill you. :0 -
Any members runners or sports people, I've got an injury :(
ICT_GUY replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
One year of swimming at the local pool, Heart rate down from 85bps to 60, blood pressure bcak to normal,weight under control, far better muscle tone and my back problems have disappeared. Number of injuries and strains suffered over the entire year? A big fat zero, not one. Just saying is all -
Find a theme you really like, Atahualpa is one of the best and easiest to modify that I have found. Install it and have a play. It will take you a while to really get to grips with it, but it is so flexible it really is worth the effort.
-
Wyke Regis Junior School Yes and I have had no problems and it has coped with our rather large site, this on basic £60 per year hosting too.
-
Forbidding users to save files to desktop.
ICT_GUY replied to andyturpie's topic in Network and Classroom Management
That is how we do it here. -
They charge more than Civica.
-
What he said, but you won't have to pay tax as long as you buy stuff for the business. Hence why I have 2 x 24inch monitors, a new pc, lots of camera equipment ect ect ect. Keep receipts, keep paperwork, buy stuff with your allowances. There are a load of deductions you can make, inc maintaining an office at home.
-
Quick points, You must register as a sole trader within 3 months of starting a business. There are standard terms and conditions all over the webs that will cover this. The long and short is to get them to sign off on the project, that is it is finished and bought as is. If they want it modified, then you can charge extra to do so.
-
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
-
Double check for missing share paths as well.
-
Ashampoo, its free for edu and works well enough.
-
What is getting switched on at 12? Does someone come in and switch on their PC/photo copier/ fan ect at 12? If it is regular like that then look for a human turning stuff off to save power and the planet ect.
-
BECTA to be shut down as part of Government cuts
ICT_GUY replied to networkingNut's topic in IT News
I don't mind being paid £220K a year for doing something. -
I have a list of people I don't like to talk to, they all have this as their ring tone (I don't like you) Its hideous. My friends all have individual ring tones that match their personalities. (it was a very slow day).
