-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
You need to get your provider to contact Google. Google sees one ip address and hundreds of queries (due to proxy) it starts thinking you are a bot.
-
Brakes only slow you down.
-
At the end of the night it was a bit of a let down and left me feeling deflated. Still I'll bounce back no doubt.
-
As above, get here before 3:45 or leave it in my orifice.
-
You need the XP admin pwd reset disk. Pop in to see me and I will hook you up.
-
WinRar will also encrypt the filenames.
-
I offered to pay by cheque but they say it would probably bounce.
-
The new version is free to use with nag screens. There are a multitude of file splitting programs out there too. Or add the already compressed file to another archive which will be quick using the new version and get it to chop it up,
-
Win Rar will chop its achives up for you into smaller chunks. http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/edugeek/split_dvd.jpg one of the options listed is for DVD sized chunks
-
Can someone block this bot?
-
My standard of living falls below the acceptable standard.
ICT_GUY replied to ICT_GUY's topic in General Chat
Well, I don't go out, I own a 14 year old car, I brew my own beer, we probably spend less than £20 per month on clothes, we only pay £11 per month on sky and we never go away on holiday. We have a £500 per month mortgage and we both work. We are constantly skint have no savings. Yay for the glamorous world of IT support. I do however have plenty of time with the family. -
My standard of living falls below the acceptable standard.
ICT_GUY replied to ICT_GUY's topic in General Chat
I find that normally they keep up with the threatening letters for quite awhile. I bought a USB TV tuner a few years back. Although the house has a TV licence in my wife's maiden name they sent numerous threatening letters, quite scary ones at that. They eventually stopped. -
My standard of living falls below the acceptable standard.
ICT_GUY replied to ICT_GUY's topic in General Chat
I actually thought you needed a licence for any TV that was capable of receiving TV broadcasts. Then I read up on the licensing website, and you actually can own a TV for games or computer use without a licence! You do not need a TV Licence if you only use your TV to watch videos and DVDs or as a monitor for your games console. You can tell us that you do not need a TV Licence by using our online declaration form. One of our Enforcement Officers may visit you to confirm that you do not need a licence. -
Unlikely to be the board, most likely the electronics. The board is a grid of wires with very little to go wrong, the electronics are vulnerable to component failure. I would however check the connections at the back of the board, see if there is any corrosion on the interface and clean the contacts with servisol super 10.
-
BBC News - Living 'costs at least £14,400' for a single person A single person in the UK needs a gross income of at least £14,400 in 2010 to live to an acceptable standard, a charity says. And a couple with two children need £29,200 for a minimum acceptable standard of living, the Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) said. The figure indicates a growing gap between the national minimum wage and the minimum income standard. The charity claimed this was due to rising inflation for necessities. "This research shows what ordinary members of the public think is needed - not just to survive but to take part in society," said Julia Unwin, chief executive of the JRF. "It provides powerful evidence for the new government to use as it develops policies to deal with poverty." SMT Laughed and said what a load of twaddle. I however think I need more money!
-
Very Scary.
-
Most manufactures have a little network utility that will auto find the switches and allow you to remote into them.
-
Motorola advert revels in anti-iPhone schadenfreude ? The Register Motorola tacking the mickey about its double antenna design allowing you to hold your phone in any way you like. LMAO. And nokia got in on it too.
-
The built in back up will schedule a backup to an attached HD (USB might suit its what we use.) I also use karens replicator to farm off copies of the users areas once a week to another server for quick and dirty restores (no permission but great for tracking down a file that has been deleted.
-
Convert the graph to a jpg and print that out?
-
EEEEEEKKKKKK!
-
We give staff access, I also have a program that I wrote in vb6 that will open all of their classes folders with one click and another that copies a single file into all of their home directories.
-
default for 2008 has been pmed to you,
-
Health and Safety Implications of using a Laptop with a Broken Screen
ICT_GUY replied to tech_guy's topic in General Chat
Or in other words lie
