-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Nope - I tried different extensions, no extensions and different text files etc. Nothing worked - always the same message.
-
Can you pm or email your email address? For some reason the forums won't let me attach it here, regardless of which format I choose. @ admins - when trying to attach a file the following is displayed 'No post mode specified'
-
I think I have one - I'll have a look tomorrow morning
-
----Congratulations ----
-
Happened to me once. So I gave em your number
-
Give them a ring and see if they have a demo you could look at.
-
I'd be wary of using Dragonfly in the first place as it seems the support and development have gone which may make future developments on your site harder. IMO you'd be better using Joomla, e107 or phpnuke - e107 allows uploads in the default setup, I believe it's a mod in Dragonfly. Not sure about the rest.
-
e107 is good for this Set up different classes such as guest, member, admin so only the essential stuff appears for guests, all less admin for members and everything for admin. (Just an example ) Besides one of the basic rules of web design is not to make it too cluttered
-
I have to agree with contink. It won't hurt to try it for a few days to see if it improves things.
-
Coming out at the end of term according to the last email I had
-
We've used JBC computers, Coventry over the last 3 years. Good prices, start and finish when stated (unless unavoidable), label the kit and clean up after themselves. contact Tel: 0247 6719800 ask for Alan Biggs.
-
Thats the one
-
Yes there is but I can't think of the name of the bridging software - brb unless someone beats me to it
-
sorry to ask the obvious but do you have enough IP addresses in your range?
-
So are you creating a new Admin domain and moving the users or are you just adding a new server to the existing domain and promoting it to a DC? Sorry - I can't work it out from you previous posts.
-
As plexer says - check DNS settings
-
I've not noticed a great deal of difference over the last couple of days. Some of the problem may be the CMS itself - while I was looking at other sites I noticed that the Dragonfly sites seem to take longer to load especially if busy like this one. May be worth waiting till you get the new site up before upgrading to see if that makes any difference.
-
There there!! Sit down with a lovely cuppa
-
We are looking to do the same thing - so far we have come up with the following: 1. Which VLE do you use? We are playing with Moodle at the moment. 2. Why was it chosen? Our Science department are trialing it on an external host and seem to like it, it's free (less new hardware and training) and is one of the few free VLEs that can intergrate with AD. 3. How much did/does it cost? Nothing but we intend to buy another server to host it together with another CMS which will form our new Intranet. 4. Do you have a dedicated VLE "operative" or do you manage it from within the IT department? Currently within the IT department, but I've spoken with SMT, and got an agreement that a dedicated individual will be employed if it gets any use. 5. Do staff/pupils find it easy to use? From the trials by the Science Dept so far - yes - easy to use. 6. How well does it integrate with other software? Not hit any problems yet, but still testing. 7. If you were offerd the chance, would you trade it in for another VLE? Looked at some others, but as Science were already using it we'll probably stick with it. Although our ICT Coord has been looking at TALMOS which intergrates the timetable into it but that is way to expensive at the mo. Also we need to consider the changes to KS3 + coming in in 2008. 8. Why would you trade it in? Not at the moment - but still early days.
-
Bah!!! Spoilsport I was going to tell him that when he'd told me he'd finished :twisted: To be fair I did say use whatever resources were available to carry out the task. Make the most of it - I'm back on Monday - Is your task finished yet? :twisted:
-
@ EvLPhenom :twisted: tick tock tick tock - times a ticking :twisted:
-
I noticed Dragonfly seemed dead as the last posts were dated 2005, so am now looking seriously at e107. It seems to be one of the strongest on the block at the moment, with the exception of Joomla and phpnuke. I believe Mambo is merging with another cms which is causing a few problems - I don't know much about that. e107 is very similar to Dragonfly though from what I can see although the documentation is a little sparse in some areas it is quick and easy to administer. Let know what you may need my knowledge is very limited at the mo but happy to lend a hand if I can.
-
I've just completed day one of a 3 day Exchange administrators course and can highly recommend them. Although the lunch is now a buffet brought to the centre. Still more than enough to go around though If you contact Neos they will send you the price list for schools but usually works out at half the normal cost. It's not often you look forward to doing course but these guys are very knowledgeble and the time flies by.
-
Damn!! The booby prize was going to be 2 nights out with russ
-
Does this help ?LINK Note the 3rd post near the bottom - mentions Access
