-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Cool Now where does the wife keep the salad bowl......?
-
Have a look at this thread - if that is no help come back to us http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6159&start=0
-
Thanks I'll have a look - I've got to be careful I don't restore the original problem which was a borked registry. Somehow refused to open any .exe files and changed shortcuts etc to a .lnk . I couldn't edit the registry even after finding a way to open regedit Very difficult to restore something when no .exe files open It's my home PC, so I'll have a play when I get a chance
-
This is for my home PC I had to reformat my C: drive - long story but basically the registry was currupt. Anyhow - I lost all my emails, favourites etc (Yes I know but the backup was currupt too! ) Do any of you know of a way to recover data from a reformatted drive? Preferably free Most of my programs are on a different drive and I'm trying to save time by not having to reinstall all the ones that used a link to the C: drive. A shot in the dark I know - but I thought I'd ask
-
We do?? 8O Oh yes.............. We do like teachers
-
You're being ripped off. They are charging the commercial rate not a discounted rate for education establishments.
-
You read it wrong £100/day x 3 = £300
-
Thanks - but my techies try and keep me away from the servers now Apparently it halves their workload :?
-
Hi Neil and welcome I figured you were a teacher as you missed the 'Introduce yourself' forum Never mind you're here now
-
Sub forums to the main headings make it easier to search for items. That way the front end looks nice and neat and reflects the contents: eg Hardware >>>>>>PCs >>>>>>Laptops/PDAs >>>>>>Servers Software >>>>>>Operating Systems >>>>>>>>>>>>*Nix >>>>>>>>>>>>Microsoft >>>>>>>>>>>>Apple >>>>>>Education Software >>>>>>QCA KS3 Pilot etc etc etc We just need a tidy up really
-
SMT aren't worried because everytime someone new joins they go on the basic rate of pay. Maybe point out the cost of advertising and interviewing for new replacements against say a 3 day course at NEOs (for example) £300 We are not too bad here, but I do have to beg and justify it a lot more than other departments do. Then it has to be as cheap as possible even if the quality suffers. All of us should do some personal training, mainly because our specialised trade requires knowledge across the IT spectrum, however if your employer wants to use a technology that is not on your career profile and is not in the job description then they should provide or obtain training for that subject.
-
Oh yee of little faith! How many stints peddling the generator have you got? Well funny you should mention that Alan here are some pics of the standby generator installed recently.....! :sign5: Wow!! 8O Going high tech at last?
-
Oh yee of little faith! How many stints peddling the generator have you got? I've had a hard day trying to keep cars moving in our cul-de-sac - gritted it twice - run out of grit now watching the snow pile up on it again The new stuff the council use is rubbish - bring back the real salty stuff
-
I've been monitoring one student that brings a usb stick in - loads an .exe it and finds that Sophos has deleted it She's been trying for a week now - just waiting for her to come and see us to complain
-
Nah 3 wheels and a big handle on the back for an adult to push it
-
Half of our servers are still under warranty the other half are under a maintenance contract in case we can't fix something ourselves quickly. Never had to use it yet but it's there as a backup. We use a contractor for cabling who also install extra electrical points if required and the same goes for IWBs and projectors. Everything else we do ourselves.
-
I know its terrible, I wanted loads of snow, but just a small sprinkling of dust again, its sooo anoying! Just when I thought the weather was improving as well. All week at work then I wont be able to go out on my Bike at weekend because of the dam snow!!!! You'll just have to pedal around the house then
-
HAve they said they are closing them all? Check Here
-
All 200 are mobile. We also have another 72 staff laptops and about 10 for general use and for students to sign out & take home. We are using Buffalo APs but have tried others which had no effect. apeo is spending half term reconfiguring the whole school to see if it can be improved a little but we doubt this will be the case but it will keep SMT happy
-
Yup..coz you won't let me forget...! Talking of stuff ups...whats your worst one..? *cheeky evil grin* Accepting this job is high on the list Having to rejoin every PC to the network manually cos I accidently deleted one or two records on the server - look I was busy and being distracted - it could have happened to anyone - OK!! Somehow I deselected the 3 I was after instead of selecting them. So the 3 I was after stayed and the rest sort of dissappeared It was a long time ago and I was on my own
-
lol You know that will haunt you forever don't you?
-
Thank the heavens our bursar is not in the picture when it comes to IT. We'd never have anything useful.
-
You mean like us using your helpdesk? lol (*This poster is now out of office*) Yeah...but then you get to speak to me or one of the others on 2nd line who do know......! *cough* proxy *cough*
-
Did they have X-Rays back then?
