-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Looks big!!! I've only got little pockets
-
6-12 months I can handle, it's when a better model comes out 2 months after I bought the old one
-
10 Squirrel points for using abusive language on a public forum
-
Added to my list of possibilities Still curious as to why O2 etc are not selling it
-
@ bossman And the other problem is finding out what is coming out in the new year which may be better than the one you get
-
I saw this on my hunt around but was concerned that the big companies were not supplying it. Looks like it could do the job so I'd be interested on your thoughts if you get to see it. Apparently Win Mob 6.5 has improved things a lot but I admit I've not read what the improvements are yet!
-
Most gps systems on phones tend to use tomtom style maps which are ok in towns but useless in the hills where it just shows green. The gps systems that do have proper maps are mega bucks for the device then a billion bucks for a map of a small area which is why I'm looking for one I can use Google earth on. I'm afraid the E72 does nothing for me, but thanks for the input
-
I'm in the market for a new phone but I'm losing my mind over which one to go for Preferably a Windows mobile so I can retire my HP PDA I do a lot of hill walking so a GPS system, probably using google earth would be handy So far I'm down to these; Nokia N97mini (I know it's not Win Mob!) HTC Touch Diamond2 - (If I can find one to look at! ) HTC Touch 2 HTC Touch2 Pro is out of my price range. Blackberrys look too bulky and I don't like the keyboards being open. I don't really care for LG either I'm not really interested in the camera as I carry a ton of DLSR photo equipment with me Any recommendations for the above or any others that may fit the bill?
-
We had them come over in Oct to talk virtualisation kit, installation etc. Very easy to get on with and put together a good plan breaking everything down as we requested. Too early to say whether we will actually use them next year but first impressions are good.
-
virgin media tv down, birmingham schools internet down
alan-d replied to jamin100's topic in General Chat
You've been to Link2ICT as well then! The mutterings are actually voodoo chants but they forget the words so just mumble -
sod that.......... did someone mention big boobies?
-
virgin media tv down, birmingham schools internet down
alan-d replied to jamin100's topic in General Chat
Virgin isn't too bad as long as you don't need anything fixed For schools it's usually the people inbetween Virgin and the school that are the problem -
virgin media tv down, birmingham schools internet down
alan-d replied to jamin100's topic in General Chat
We are at war - didn't you know? http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/46018-birmingham-war.html -
Just had a text from Link2ICT Run for your lives!!!!!
-
Like the rest of Birmingham Council - Over-reacting !!! Bunch of muppets!!
-
A locked filing cabinet is all that is required unless you start adding security classifications to documents then the requirements go up according to the classification.
-
Do any of the above companies collect dead and broken kit such as old Motherboards, batteries, incomplete PCs and laptops?
-
" Can I claim for that?"
-
@ Simon CPL Look Simon - I'm being told to do it even more !!!!!
-
Switch everything off and go home
-
Testing 200 pupils at once. Top of my head response; Normal ICT suites may not be aqequate as very often the students can view each others screens. Laptops in a hall - wireless connection for 200 connections simultaniously. Possibly hard wire them temporarily but still leaves you to find 200 laptops from around the school which also has a knock on effect for those lessons that would normally be using them. Possible solution - the exams come on a numbered flash drive and are completed then handed in like exam papers are today. Sent to the exam board and uploaded. The exams vary to enable 2 or 3 sessions. This would mean that those students taking the exam in session 1 won't be able to tell those in subsequent sessions what the questions are. Brain dead at the mo - may come back with more later
-
AUE: FAQ excerpt: "mouses" vs "mice"
