Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

googlemad

Members
  • Posts

    1,904
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by googlemad

  1. Well the extended logging provided no more useful information than before
  2. There are several databases, all seem to in Multi User mode We do have the full SQL Studio, but rather than using Profiler I have enabled the Include Exception Trace messages for SQL Agent in case that will provide any clues the next time it fails? Thanks for all your help so far, I do appreciate it!
  3. Also today we are getting: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the SQL Server Agent (ISIS) service to connect.
  4. I believe we use the same backup method for those yes. The backup ran earlier last night and there were initially no problems earlier this morning, but the phone has just gone off and the service has gone again at 10am today (Totally clear of the backup schedule). So now I'm baffled. Not sure how to find out if it is in single user mode? Would installing the latest patches etc help or make the problem worse?
  5. Thanks for the link, I'll let the site know tomorrow as a matter of courtesy
  6. ***PLEASE TRY THE BELOW ON A VIRTUAL MACHINE / MACHINE WITH VIRUS PROTECTION / MACHINE YOU CAN FORMAT*** Had a weird problem just now, one of our staff was trying to get onto a website, the conference centre at lace : liverpool : merseyside : northwest Works fine if you type it into the address bar, but our member of staff was finding it through Google i.e.: conference at lace - Google Search If you click the link to the website on Google it goes to a malware loop! This problem occured on my XP virtual machine tester so it isn't local to the machine! I'm totally baffled
  7. googlemad

    DVD player

    And when you no longer require them, they'll be worth a few bob as antiques
  8. The entire system state plus all volumes so I would presume so, yes. Although we back up our Financial and CIS systems and those are both SQL 2005 without any huge issues? (Those were installed by 'professionals' though!)
  9. The SQL services seem to be running under NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService? The past couple of days it seems to have occured in the 8 - 9am timeframe, we've checked the backup logs for today and the backup finish time does come close to when the error appeared - So the server is now in a higher priority in the backup schedule to see if the errors correlate with the backup finish time tomorrow. For reference we use CA ArcServe
  10. Here is a recent event log from SQL Server agent. I recently went on a SQL course but am by no means an expert!
  11. Our MIS developer server has Windows Server 2003 with a basic SQL Server 2005 install. Recently it has been self terminating the SQL services with the following error: The SQL Server (instancename) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). Any help? The error provides very little information!!!
  12. Excellent, cheers guys Can't beat a good old batch file
  13. Can anyone suggest software or ways to automate the transfer of a csv file to a FTP server, on a schedule that we can change if required? I've found some software with a very quick search called Workspace Macro Pro 6.5 which seems perfect but I assume there will be others out there?!
  14. Yep, then I uninstalled the Acronis software and all is fine! Grr
  15. I have my little Windows 2003 R2 SP2 x32 file server here at home which has been running like a dream for the past 2 years. Last night I tried accessing the several shares I've got and am getting the message 'Not enough server storage is available to process this command' I followed the instructions at: Err Msg: Not Enough Server Storage Is Available to Process This Command with no joy (Although, they apply to NT 4) Any ideas? The only change I can think to the server configuration recently is I installed some Acronis backup software to trial out. P.S. I have stacks of disk space and memory free
  16. It opens, but the slider seems to remain static. Volume turned up and unmuted, it's a laptop. Think I may have suggested trying headphones to no avail too.
  17. This is a vague post as I'm trying to help someone fix their laptop over a remote connection, Basically they have Vista and all drivers look OK, but when they load a audio file (Through WMP, iTunes etc, its not app specific) and click play the file will not start playing! Any ideas? Sorry for being vague but I last looked a few nights ago.
  18. A wonderful new piece of software generates TIF image files, which don't seem to be associated with a viewer on many of our PCs, causing a few headaches for me! I've been going round a few manually through Tools > Folder Options > File Types > New etc and linking them with the Windows Picture And Fax viewer which seems to work fine, is there anything I can insert into the registry to do the same task so I can just send all the staff a registry batch file?!
  19. Got a few PSUs handed to me left by a previous technician in a hiding hole for the past year at one of our sites, if they work they're worth around 50 quid a piece due to their form factor! Is there a easy and safe way to check if they have blown in the past without actually plugging them into a PC? I don't like fireworks
  20. One of our iDesks (circa 2004 model) has developed a monitor fault, an image will come on for a few seconds then go off until the monitor is power cycled and repeat. Can anybody offer any suggestions as to what could be causing this? I just rigged up a normal TFT to the thing for now as they're getting replaced in summer anyway! (Thank god!!)
  21. A tutor has asked me to look into a problem they are having with LanSchool: Basically when they are showing a demo to the class from their tutor machine, the student ones are going into XP monitor standby mode after the specified time kicks in! Is there any easy way to resolve this WITHOUT turning off the standby option on the student machines?
  22. The exams staff are trying to print a Registrations page from the 'City And Guilds Walled Garden' but the printout has very small text etc, yet a member of staff in a different department printed the same page out and it printed at the correct size! The only difference I can think of is the exams staff use IE7 while the other member of staff is still on IE6?
  23. We use NetBootDisk.com - The Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk for M$ Networks to build a CD that can create a network connection in DOS, then stick the Ghost.exe onto the CD and have a fully network ready Ghost CD The Ghostcast server is a early Pentium 4 XP box and works like a charm!
  24. After being on a Pcounter course, I am hoping to implement the suite into our site ASAP! In the past we have just used local IP based printer drivers on workstations, but Pcounter obviously requires the queues/drivers to be located on the Netware print server. Could somebody explain the difference between NDPS / iPrint and how we should go about setting them up? As I don't have a huge amount of Novell knowledge! Cheers
  25. Our Sophos Enterprise server had a problem where the SQL Agent would not start...So I uninstalled the product and did a fresh install. This created a new database (empty) which did start OK, I then replaced the SOPHOS3.mdf and SOPHOS3_log.LDF files with the files from the old SQL directory and this appears to now show all the previous entries in the console. Do I need to worry about any other files or are these the 'main 2'?
×
×
  • Create New...