Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Jackd

Members
  • Posts

    335
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jackd

  1. They only took like two minutes to download and install, it wasn't that big of an issue tbh. Was much better than waiting
  2. JERK AND PUNISH CROTCH.
  3. Apparently it's worse
  4. I've just took the drive from the working laptop and placed it in the broken laptop and it is still detected as just a network controller. I've also took that laptop apart and there looks to be nothing wrong with the pins on the slot or anything. Any more ideas anyone?
  5. I've got a HP Laserjet 1022 (USB version, not networked) which is shared from Windows Server 2003 which is 32bit. Everything is fine if I print from a client with the 32bit drivers installed but if I print to it from Windows 7 64 bit with the 64bit drivers installed the print job just sits in the queue. Restarting the job or cancelling it does nothing but if I restart the printer spooler service then it comes out fine. But if I print again after that the same thing happens until I restart it. I've tried the HP universal print driver and that just makes the printer print out rubbish. I've also tried installing the printer as a local printer on the windows 7 client and making a local port which points to the printer share but the same issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
  6. Ive attached two screen shots from the resources view of device manager. I think it may be the slot though, when plugging the card into that laptop its just detected as a network controller but if i wriggle it around a bit it'll then get detected as a WG511. Sounds like it's the slot right?
  7. I've just tried with the serial and parallel ports disabled in the BIOS and it hasn't made a difference. I've set the bios to defaults and still nothing. I'm looking for a bios update to see if that fixes anything but no idea what it is atm.
  8. I've got a Netgear WG511v1 PCMCIA network card for a laptop. I've got two of the same laptops that both have the same image on them. On one laptop it works fine but on the second it either just displays the card as a generic network controller or it displays it correctly but says "The device cannot find enough free resources to use". I've attached some screen shots showing the error. The card itself works fine on the same type of laptop with the same image so I'm guessing the slot is broken on this laptop? Thanks
  9. Agreed ;D
  10. While we're on about him, BBC News - Weatherman's unfortunate slip of the tongue
  11. Cacti + Nagios along with Cacti View and Naglite2 all free.
  12. I just got this today from clicking the link from Google, FF 3.6.8 No Fasterfox or google toolbar or anything else installed.
  13. Jackd

    Portal 2

    Me too Can't wait. No one who's played it ever forgets that the cake is a lie
  14. Don't know if this has already been posted, couldn't see anything. IfItWasMyHome.com - Visualizing the BP Oil Disaster
  15. Confident with PHP and SQL and C++ Had abit of a play with Java for developing Android apps before.
  16. I've just tried with another power supply and still the same issue that the CPU & PSU fan starts and nothing else happens. Nothing that I can see looks bad. The USB ports don't look damaged and i've tried without the front ones connected, i've also taken it out of the case and tried it on the floor to see if its shorting and nope Anything else I could do or should I just give up? Thanks all btw
  17. I can't check with another PSU until tomorrow as i don't have a spare until then. At the minute when i turn it on the fans start up and nothing else happens, i've tested the voltages from the hard drive molex connectors and they all seem normal. I can eject the CD drive tray but the hard drive doesnt seem to spin up? Thanks for all your help everyone btw
  18. Ah that reminds me that randomly the cpu fan and the psu fan just start but nothing else happens, if that changes anything. Jack
  19. I'm trying to fix this computer, its a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 600 i think. Whenever i try to turn it on nothing happens, no bios, no beeps, nothing. I've removed all the expansion cards to see if its a problem with them, and all the hard disks but still nothing and ive also tried without the RAM and ive reseated the CPU but all combinations still nothing. Anyone got any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks, Jack
  20. Try Google Webmaster Tools. You can fetch the page as googlebot and view your rankings for different keywords etc...
  21. Probably just because your an ordinary member, powdarrmonkey is edugeek projects and plexer is a mod.
  22. CSS and Javascript and profile images etc, comes from *.fbcdn.net so you might want a rule to unblock that.
  23. :D Damn needing six characters in the message
  24. Wikileaks have just released pager intercepts from 911 on their site here. Theres also a reddit page containing comments on some intresting ones. It starts at about 08:49 for anyone who is reading the wikileaks site fyi. Theres some strange stuff in there
×
×
  • Create New...