Midget
Members-
Posts
1,313 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Midget
-
I've had someone do this before. They turned off the admin server at the switch to plug in a radio.
-
for some reason elreg.co.uk was blocked here last week, but .com was fine. both work now.
-
no need to block it, sites with bad words still goes through the content filter and gets blocked, but I'm hating these flash games. Bloody pain, the internet is slow enough already without 2mb games being downloaded, and what's worse is that the teachers allow it.
-
Up here i'm pretty sure they'd nick the brick to use it to build a shed/throw it through someones window
-
where you thinking about ISDNs?
-
We have no BT owned phone lines here, they are another company, thats why I was enquiring about getting a BT line installed. ChrisC> £2k? what are you on? The exchange is a few hundred metres away just outside the school gates. BT offer shite caps thats why i'm asking elsewhere and i know they wouldnt go with a reseller like i have at home (EntaNet c/o UKFSN )
-
Surely this is cheating? I'd demote him to tea making duties for the next 2 weeks.
-
I'm considering getting a BT phoneline installed into the server room and getting ADSL so that windows update can actually run on the server and WSUS. Any ideas how much this costs? What am I looking for? Only thing I have found is this, which seems like the right thing. Also who is the best ADSL MAX provider for business/schools? As this is not going to be used by the kids, 100% uptime isn't really required, but 99% would be nice. Otherwise the only factor is a useable bandwidth allowance. How much would be required for just windows update and some remote control? Anyone figured this out?
-
http://www.becta.org.uk/techcomp/jdtool/jobs.cfm?refsect=leaders/
-
Dont worry I didnt eitehr until 2weeks ago when I went looking for the info
-
IT Technician: Buckinghamshire, Salary TBD
Midget replied to indiegirl's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Sounds like my job except there isn't a NM. More pay mind.... -
We've has as described by western done in the past at some point, it's terrible and they are connected using crimps. Very bad Practice
-
When I discovered that BenQ remotes are tied to one projector only I thought something like this might happen. What I have done is use a backup tape plastic box as a case, Cut some foam to fit directly inside Cut away some foam for the remote to fit. Cut holes in the box for the buttons to go through using a saw Stuck together and Sealed using a cable tie in the middle and a Keyring on the corner. This was then attached as a keyfob to the room key. I'll post up a picture later Edit: now with pics. You could probably acheive a better finish with more than a hamfisted minute. http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/WelshMidget/smallRemoteFob1.jpg http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/WelshMidget/smallRemoteFob2.jpg
-
come across them in the past have you si?
-
*hands Jake his coat* Get out.
-
that doesnt have the same ring as i predict a riot. quiet riot maybe
-
could you not use the Becta competancy framework job spec creator?
-
riedquat> i've just tried your idea and it works. Congratulations and thank you very much. Now I can remove that knife from my back with a label saying something about purchasing noncompatible computer equiptment
-
Does this not effect wales? There are no welsh counties on the pdf
-
before I open it I'm going to assume this is Alan Cox's transmission of IP on pigeon
-
We don't pay a fee for it, it comes with the SLA which costs £30/machine. Which is annoying as I cant get proper figures of how much it costs. I'm trying to get a green light on an ADSL line for the server as the filter wont allow me to run windows update via the RBC line.
-
AH FECKING HA! I knew those bloody PAT Testers were the reason for my random equiptment failure.
-
I'd go and find the kid that worked this out, and give him a handshake followed by a clip around the ear.
-
That's funny, i was about to comment about how the site is loading faster than normal
