Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. Just rolled out some new images and found that now whenever you plug in any USB device the PC restarts. I have never seen anything as wierd as this before, and its extra wierd because its not limited to a certain motherboard and it worked fine before. The only thing that has changed is the image. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this so that I can fix it in the new image?
  2. Just rolled out some new images and found that now whenever you plug in any USB device the PC restarts. I have never seen anything as wierd as this before, and its extra wierd because its not limited to a certain motherboard and it worked fine before. The only thing that has changed is the image. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this so that I can fix it in the new image?
  3. today I've mainly been sanding my exhaust to get rid of surface rust and sitting in the middle of a pack of ~500 bikers
  4. that'll explain it as I had this problem on one PC and just assumed the user had installed something that clashed.
  5. start-->run-->msconfig [enter] Got to "start up" and untick anything to do with Realtek (and any other crap whilst you are there)
  6. I'm named in the jobspec as the ICT Technician, but I am the law [/sheriff John Brunel] .... uhh.... person who deals with all IT on site inc servers, budget etc etc so it's just a title
  7. I'm slowly moving people away from TVs by showing them the power of the Projector (most acutally didnt realise you could hook up a VCR to a projector)
  8. I have that, I have an entire metal filing cabinet filled with PC parts
  9. damn it. if you were closer i'd have come and nabbed them off you. I need a couple for some older machines that were provided (for some inexplicable reason) without NICs
  10. hmm i'd like to have a play with an RMOne. How many vouchers do you need to get one? I think i have 26 stuck to my door atm
  11. well that's bloody annoying I've just finished deploying 2.1
  12. I'll be honest, I don't care about the last name thing, and will introduce my self by my full name and if they call me my first name then so be it, I don't _really_ care as I'm used to first name terms in all of my previous jobs. and i hate "sir" it makes me feel old.
  13. Same boat as me, except your setup and county are a complete arse IIRC
  14. "Useless T*$$er" I knew I shouldn't have stood up that payroll girl
  15. do you buy really low spec machines and reuse the old monitors?
  16. Do a side business in selling working pendrives
  17. Or teaching people how to fix it?
  18. I think it's brilliant and you have nothing to complain about 8-[ *Collects £10 from under the table*
  19. Does he get a free Atari?
  20. look in your DHCP table?
  21. Midget

    Ebay blocked

    symantec web security is rubbish, Peacefire's The Circumventor will easily get around it
  22. Why doesn't your student's GP block access to the C Drive, the Run command and CMD? If that was in place, even if they did use the laptop they wouldnt be able to get anywhere
  23. Best trick I can offer is the New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here Thread
  24. Where in Wales?
  25. Won't make a difference for me, as I'm in Wales and I've been told "things happen differently in England they have more money"
×
×
  • Create New...