Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. That is actually a point, their slogan used to be England is for English. What the fsck are they doing in my district of Wales?
  2. Of course you will, I know a lot of caucasian people who are complete scum (the whole 'chav' thing at the moment for a start) Just to reiterate my point, just because I am trying to explain the BNP to blinkered people doesnt make me a BNP voter or a racist, I have nothing against people of other skin, but then I have limited experiance as I do not live in an area where there is alot of mixed races, however those I know are hard working average people, usually of higher intelligence than most of the caucasians surrounding them. The thing is, stereotypes exist for a reason, usually there are enough people of that type that cause the stereotype to stick. for instance, most people think all lawyer are scum bottom feeders out for themselves, however not all of them are like that. 99% of lawyers just give the 1% a bad name short people don't despise ice cream, its just that they can't see over the counter to know that there is ice cream available, and tall people don't just like brown, it's just that top shop only sells trousers; long enough for tall people, in brown.
  3. Really? Id say that far right still essentially describes them. Bear in mind as well whoever said think locally not nationally, that is what I am doing. A local BNP candidate had an interview in the paper. He was quoted as saying he was pleased there was only a small percentage of ethnic minorities in the area and when asked if the area would be better with less the answer was yes. To me that is racist and I would be sickened if someone with that thinking got into power even locally. I'm sorry but Racism does not equal Right Wing, as much as the Guardian would love to make you believe it so. Stalin killed alot of ethnic groups as did the Turkish empire (the genocide of the Armenians for instance), both of which were dictatorships, but they weren't Far Right. I'm not supporting the BNP (as i've already stated they are mental cases) however I do not like how people are so easily lead by tabloids. If the Guardian said "BNP are Right Wing Facists" people wouldn't vote for them, however if they said "BNP are Left Wing" (which they are) you'd get a load of left wing fools and student communists voting for them, because they want to believe that people like Joseph Stalin, Ernesto "Che" Guevara and Fidel Castro were beautiful people who did no wrong and gave flowers to puppies. Just because you want to kill all people with a different skin tone doesn't make you a far right politician, yes they are authoritarian (like most dictators, the labour party, conservative party etc etc) but their policies are very left wing. In fact the only people further to the Left than the BNP are the Green Party, and that's because most of them are stoned off their faces *. As for people turning Racist, my friend was a complete hippy anti-racist and a member of the anti-nazi league when she was in Wales in an all white area. 3 years of living amongst other races in Bristol has made her the most racist person I know (deliberate racist as opposed to old men who still say 'coon' because thats what they were brought up with) because she has seen what these people are actually like and has realised that most of the stereotypes are actually true. (*just an assumption, not based on evidence etc etc and other back covering measures*)
  4. You've got intel motherboards haven't you? I had this problem and had to do a new windows image in the end.
  5. Geoffs quote said everything that I said about it... I was the one that put the "..." in, not Geoff . I was just trying to make a small point of how I see the BNP ending up eventually if they got into power. However, I thought it'd start an unnecessary debate, so I took it out. but they aren't facist. if you'd said Stalin's Russia (he also did genocide) then youd have a point and wouldnt be raising godwin from his slumber
  6. Well done, you've just fallen afoul of Godwins Law. Who mentioned Hitler? and anyway all arguement DO lead back to Hitler Can I just point out to the people who are controlled by the tabloids, the BNP are not facists. Their policies are actually socialist, they are actually further to the left than the libdems and labour (well not hard that one, i think the conservatives atm are more left wing than labour). Racist <> Facist edit: aaaaaaahh Bat mentioned it, what did he say?
  7. Last time a conservative got into power in my area all the teachers went on strike until he was removed, which buggered up my brother's education. Which is a good enough reason for voting them in again. My local independent (in power atm) is a corrupt b*st*rd who is trying to get some land he owns converted into a quarry, which would drop all the house prices. My local labour rep is so confident in his winning (or losing) that he won't even send out leaflets; never mind actually turning up on the doorsteps like the others.
  8. Normally vote conservative, but now they aren't the conservative party anymore, and there is noone to replace them. Wouldn't vote labour. The greens, lib dems bnp and plaid cymru are all mental cases that only fools would vote for and UKIP are.... welll.... just a little bit useless. So I shall be either spoil my ballot (if enough people do it then they'll have to count it) or just vote conservative as per usual.
  9. Here's some input. DO NOT even consider getting the Lisol Pathways system. despite what they say, it is not actually completed yet. We use a webbased system for reg and use HP PDAs for PE and print outs for fire alarms, which is much MUCH better than using the Bromcom PDAs [/sarcasm]
  10. "Technology Without An Important/Interesting Name".
  11. you fool, SELL the morphine to make more money for cars, booze and loose women
  12. sorry that was sarcasm i forgot my wink smilie
  13. boo boo you get a guaranteed new car every 3 years. *throws soggy chips at alonebfg*
  14. The responses so far have cemented my desire to get our of eduIT
  15. Good thinking batman
  16. What about Liam and or Noel Gallegher?
  17. I take the filter off and beat it against a desk or sink
  18. Tony> either you have FAR too much time on your hands or you have a bank of preprepared letters. I'm not sure which one worries me the most
  19. I think it's partially tongue in cheek. I'd make a point of spying on her. Put "I can see you.txt" in her user space. There's no point blowing it out or proportion.
  20. how DID this turn out?
  21. nope thats only large businesses. My friend works for a small web dev firm, he's the only non-developer IT bod who does all of the server work and desktop support etc etc. They've only just moved from an NT4 server to a 2003 server, all the computers are ~3-8 years old depending on what the person does, and they don't have any legal MS licences (except the server) and he can't do anything about it apart from quit as the bosses don't care and don't think there is any problem with it. Oh and he's paid £19k. *All names removed to protect the innocent and incompetant*
  22. They're doing a 2nd series!? w00t!
  23. Do SANs just sit on the network, or do they connect to the server? (i've seen both methods mentioned). I have a fibre backbone and fibre switches so can I just plug one into my main switch? Who sells them? The only small ones i've found are the Dell AX100, but there are no costs and I'm seeing prices of £6k+ mentioned. My main reason for new HW is to try to take load off of the DC and speed up logins and file access by splitting user space away from everything else. Would having something like this make a big difference to my network: a dual 3GHz Xeon 2003 server for AD, DHCP, DNS, profiles RIS and successmaker (w/ 2 bonded 1Gig NICs) a 2000 server for printing and MSI doling out (1 Gib NIC) a SAN for storage of the user's workspace (Currently totaling ~150GB) or would the SAN be considerably more expensive than just getting the server as detailed above and splitting the tasks over the 2 main 2003 servers?
  24. I'm currently trying to justify to myself that I can afford to swap my current coupe for a Monaro, but people keep telling me to be sensible and use the money for a house deposit
×
×
  • Create New...