-
Posts
1,314 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dwhyte85
-
I'm not developing it, it's already developed. I want to show it to our SLT but I wanted to make sure it's legal first
-
Effectively they could query nearly up to date data :-/ Not sure I like it.
-
Hello, I recently bumped into salesman, trying to sell me some software that basically takes a copy of the SIMS DB, uses it to map caller ID based on the pupils data, eg, Mr Pibb calls, it recognises the number and brings up little Pibbs details. I asked the legality and he said it's not directly manipulating or querying SIMS data, it's using a backup of the data from the night before. Is this allowed?
-
Grumbledook: PM, telephone or e-mail... did it need to be in the thread? In a round about way that is a query about salary and whether it matches the role - directly what is (I mean was) being done here, in this thread. To me it makes no difference, purely from seeing people get bashed down for it (frequently), it's hypocritical to let you get away with it... ever read Animal Farm? Made my point now... :-)
-
Purely in the interest of fairness to ALL members of the community, go chop this thread to pieces too http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educational-jobs/60481-operations-manager-service-delivery-manager-milton-keynes-50k.html ... It really makes little difference to me or anyone you've edited/chopped but it looks a bit like favouritism... or different rules for different people... not exactly professional like the forum demands.
-
Number 3 is pretty awesome, unexpected
-
.... had to share it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQfjoOaFhC8
-
Eye for an eye, someone should stick her in a wheelie bin... it wont kill her.
-
lol She's bin very naughty, wheely can't believe she'd do that to a cat. ...I'll get my coat Just to add the internet terrorists (or internet punks) of 4chan are after her too, or so I was told on IRC yesterday!
-
Annoyances.org - Edit File Types in Windows Vista Looks promising ^
-
What sort of company gets people to wear 'I love company' t-shirts... lol It looks very much like they're trying to give the impression that things are just dandy when they're probably not. I have read, (the Internet isn't 100% fact... so don't go emo on me...) that they used to have a very good death in service benefit - this is now stopped and the other story read how they were interrogated regularly to ensure nobody stole apple products. Maybe some was trying to look after families, maybe a few was because guilt from nicking bits or fed up with being bullied... maybe some was just they hated the job. China is very good at keeping it's country at bay, you have to wonder if this is only a part of the real extent what goes on. Then again, it may all be just coincidence, people killing themselves because they're just unhappy... they did try and rid the place of demons, maybe that's the issue...
-
I never knew it was that old though, the teletext i've seen and played with (remember Bamboozle[d]?) used to be pretty quick! Thomas Cook have those systems, they run within a console window/dos box
-
Cheers, that's pretty amazing considering when it was released... then again, dogpile impressed me back in the day...
-
What on earth is that? It looks like teletext or those systems travel agents use!
-
Have used AMC for toners in a school and in a prior job, they're out and with me when said and they sort out dodgy cartridges pretty quick Nice guys too Rule of thumb, if your printer is in warranty buy originals - from experience, it saves alot of hassle in the long run.
-
Everyone will tell you if budget exists, get CAT6... except me. If you have no plans to get the rest of the infrastructure to CAT6, in my opinion stick with CAT5e. CAT6 speeds rely on the infrastructure in place, not just the cable itself.
-
I also read the staff were being beasted for iPhone, iPad thefts and were threatened if they were thought to have stolen stuff. Scary, I doubt it'd be an easy task finding out suicide rates at other companies, who's to say the 18 reported aren't just a small proportion of the actual deaths... I doubt it though, the press are pretty good at that kind of background work.
-
It's absolutely terrible. I don't know the shifts they work but the deal they're getting isn't that bad, I know you've compared it to prison and I've read the shifts are terrible, most of China working conditions aren't too different from what I've read, then again, as it's a high profile company as they work with large corps... I guess it is more shocking or at least reported on more because of the connections. The fact they've put anti-suicide nets in... shows the mentality, prevent a death not hit the root cause, a few counsellors... isn't going to really cut it. Has to be more to it than meets the eye, I doubt it'll ever get fully investigated. Of course all my opinions, nothing is based on fact and only on what i've read.
-
Yes, exactly... basically questions from a prep microsoft exam. I found they were scared to ask me questions... i guess they (SLT) don't have the knowledge and are afraid to convey themself as a bit silly, or they're dead scared of IT.
-
Because of my notice i'm pretty unlikely to get this role... I explained but they asked me to come in. It'll be a day out, of sorts
-
The technical test sounds ominous, one of those where it's either going to be the most basic questions on earth or really specific to the setup in the school.
