CommodoreS
Members-
Posts
394 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by CommodoreS
-
The administrator downloads section has just reappeared wit the message: "NOTE The SMART Notebook software administrator downloads are unavailable at this time. Please check back soon." I guess they have not sorted out the new version yet.
-
We use a program called Backup Assist for our backups and have just moved from a Windows 2003 Server to a shiny new Windows 2008 Server, which of course does not support NTBackup. When the software is asking us how we want to backup it is giving us the options of Windows Imaging as a System Backup or File Replication, RSync and Zip as a File Backup. Ideally we want to be able to restore individual user files encase they are deleted, and the entire server in the event of a hardware failure. Can anyone recommend what method to use for this?
-
I have just gone to that link to download the latest version. Is it just me, or has the administrator downloads section disappeared? I can only find the exe versions and can only find old versions at SMART - Admin tools, SMART Notebook (Windows) Which I think is their old website.
-
RM Updates Phase 1 now has an article, but is still not yet available. Good job I am rebuilding everything anyway!
-
More worryingly on page 21 if you want to update computers you need to install RM Updates Phase 1 which replaces PUDU. It tells you to download this from DWN1676191 which shows an error page: Unable to locate a document with a Content Reference of DWN1676191, DWN1676191. Issue: This content reference does not exist or has expired. I am planning on rebuilding everything to pick up UPD071 updated packages, but it still says that RM Updates Phase 1 needs to be installed after the SR2 Server Installation.
-
I think the synaesthesia means post SR2 Updates which are mentioned on a letter with SR2, which has now arrived. The letter says CC4UPD080 and CC4UPD081 needs to be installed before updating or rebuilding computers. The problem is CC4UPD080 is still showing as being in development: CC4UPD080 Post SR2 Critical Update to rectify Package Deployment issues found in field trials of SR2 And sounds more important than CC4UPD081 which has been released: Download to fix Computer Manager compatibility with Windows 7 computers, plus fixed version of RM Timed Internet Access.
-
has anyone here filled out the form to get CC4 SR2 sent to them early to install next half term next week? I filled the form out when the E-Mail come through, but no discs have arrived, and I am now worried they will not arrive in time for me to install this next week.
-
Thanks for the info. We are in contact with the county about it, as the port was 8081 and the most restrictive. The school does not have much money or resources to throw at this, being a small primary school. Also being CC3 may not help if they were to run 3rd party software. Hopefully changing the search engine to one that is designed for primary schools (if one exists) will help.
-
I have got one of these Nuvo Amps which has stopped working: http://www.rm.com/_RMVirtual/Media/Images/NuVo_new_small.jpg I have tried a different power lead/plug socket and it was not that, so I guessing it is the PSU. It is a HGPower ADPV16 42W 24V 1.5a I have been trying to find a replacement adapator with no luck - Searches only come back with an adapator of Toshiba Portable DVD player which looks like its a different voltage etc... Does anyone know anywhere where it would be possible to purchase one of these without having to buy a whole amp system?
-
I recently got one of the new LED/Laser Casio Projectors, but it seems to be loosing the keystone settings every time it is switched off and back on. I have checked the manual, but cannot find anything about having to push anything to store the settings. I just wondered if anyone else has seen this problem, or might know how to fix it?
-
LG are also good, but 42" might be too large for the room space I have got. Do you know the model make/number and is there any problem with the angle of viewing?
-
I have got a RM nBook 4400 which has a couple of keys missing. I know RM sell replacement keyboards for £18.40+VAT, but wondered if anyone knows if anywhere else stocks these cheaper, or if there is an alternative keyboard for another laptop which uses the same keyboards. Any help would be appreciated.
-
I am looking to get a 32" to 40" TV/Monitor to use to display in a lobby/entrance and have around £500 to spend. Does anyone have any recommendations of what to get or what to look out for? My main concern is to get something that will be easily viewable at all angles (sitting down and standing up). My preference of make is Samsung, unless anyone else here can recommend anything else please?
-
I am looking to buy some Epson T0715 Ink Cartridges, and am noticing how much cheaper compatible cartridges are, but have had some bad experiences of compatible carts and ink quality in the past. Can anyone recommend any specific brands/makes of T0715 compatible cartridges? Inkrite is one I am looking at, but I cannot find many reviews.
-
There are lots of companies which accept printer cartridges and empty toners for recycling, but I am unable to find any which will accept Kyocera carts as they seem to have no value to them. I would rather not just throw them in the bin, and wondered if anyone knew any company which would accept empty Kyocera Toner Carts?
-
Thanks for the info. I have only just started working at the school and the old tech never cleaned the filters (or seemed to have done much else). The filters were caked in dust when I cleaned them - probably for the first time ever! I read a bit about those Casio laser projectors in the other projector thread. What is the best model, and where is the cheapest place to obtain them? My other main concern would be the throw distance and mounting being wrong and the cost of getting someone to change the ceiling fixture, as well as the price of new mounting brackets. One of the old smartboards also needs replacing as it has buckled.
-
I have two Mitsubishi SL6SU projectors which are showing yellow discolouration on the screen. It is like a yellow circle blob on the centre of the screen, and does not cover the whole screen so it is not the cables. I have tried cleaning one and fitted a new bulb, but this made no difference. I have been looking for more info, but could only find two on EBay which sound like they have the same problem. I also have other projectors of the same type and age which are perfectly fine. Does anyone know what has caused this or if it is possible to repair this/fix this problem, or is it time to replace these projectors?
-
Thanks for the info. Can anyone recommend anything else?
-
I posted this question in another thread, but think the question really belongs here in this topic, so sorry for cross postings. I wondered if anyone can recommend some good, but cheap rugged laptops for primary students use (apart from the RM laptops I already know about).
-
I just wondered if anyone can recommend some good, but cheap rugged laptops for primary students use (apart from the RM laptops I already know about).
-
The problem with this solution is that you then have again bought into RM again with RM Server Hardware and a RM Maintenance Contract for it. While RM may continue to sell XP compatible machines, it is going to get more difficult to obtain 3rd party machines with XP Licences, and I expect XP Drivers will stop being produced at some point. Only a problem if you buy RM equipment, but there is some much better and cheaper kit out there with better support. System development is also as important as support and RM seems to have stopped this when CC4 was released, apart from the Security Updates some of which are withdrawn shortly after they are released, and then releasing 3 months worth at once. I am sure they could have developed Vista and Windows 7 clients for CC3, but have not done so to get people to buy CC4. Now Windows 7 has been released, that seems to be the way to go, and I am going to be looking for systems which support this.
-
What an interesting thread (apart from some of the b1tching). I am in a similar situation - looking for a replacement for CC3 that is not CC4 for schools which are planning on upgrading their systems this year. I look after quite a few Primary schools, and the CC4 SR1 schools are all unstable in one way or another, and take much more time to look after than the CC3 networks. RM Support is also rather poor. IMO CC4 is the Vista (or ME) of school network systems. I am surprised there is not many (if any) decent easy to use reliable solutions for systems for the primary school market, that are affordable and suitable. I am sure if someone was to develop one, they would make a small fortune out of it and a lot of happy people. I will have to look into CSE - it might be the solution I am looking for. Does it also provide a feature for imaging/building workstations and allocating MSI packages, and if not what are the people who use CSE, use for this? No one seems to have mentioned the most recent release of Ergo Free2Teach on here, and it is a product I have asked about on here before, but did not get many replies. Surely someone must have used it at some point? Free2Teach - Ergo Computing - Full-scale ICT solutions provider
-
Have you tried building it on a crossover cable to rule out network infrastructure?
-
Also read the Preparation bits in article TEC406091 on the RM Support Website.
