DAckroyd
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DAckroyd
-
If you are looking to upgrade your main exchange then you may want to wait a bit for Exchange 2010 to save upgrading twice
-
bit-tech.net | Windows Vista SP2 now available
-
Hi All, I'm in the process of trying to build a new domain by the summer (something that is creaping up rapidly!)... I'm just about to prepare an order for OS licence and System Center bits but I was wondering what bits of System Center people find useful in schools. I know I want VMM and Config Manager 2007 R2 but other than that All I can think I need atm is the bit with App-V but I get confused to what I need and what product does what (and even what products there are). Thanks All
-
I put on a pot of coffee - you can't beat that!
-
[Norfolk] [Broadband] 100MB Upgrades
DAckroyd replied to NeoPlosive's topic in East of England Broadband Network (E2BN)
Is it me or is the internet crawling today? I'm almost at the point of walking home and doing what I need there as the internet moves abit quicker (and I don't have a quick service at home!) -
Have you asked Zen if they can recommend one as it must be something required for their service to be useful... the other thing you could do is get 2 routers and have your public facing servers on one connection and have everthing else going though the secondary router: Internet > DMZ (First router) > LAN (Second Router from first)
-
This is the one which does 2K8 yeah? Is it safe on a 2K8 server?
-
Free 1GB Memory Sticks for Teachers & School Staff
DAckroyd replied to jamin100's topic in General Chat
why could they not just send these to all schools without people having to fill out this form? -
Free 1GB Memory Sticks for Teachers & School Staff
DAckroyd replied to jamin100's topic in General Chat
I had a look at this yesterday as I'd had an email come though and it just looked like a phishing site and it's not like these stick cost much to start with (4GB = £4ish) -
we are crrently looking at changing out colour printers with a colour photocopier leased so we just pay 0.5p per page for both A4 and A3 and about £400 per quater iirc - from konica (ESPO)
-
If you are needing some support with ranger and are in Newcastle then you might want to contact a company call Coniston - they are ranger resellers and support company and very helpful and a good price - if you want contact details for them then I can send them over to you tomorrow - just shout
-
Just tried to start a GCSE on this software and we failed - kids are now doing paper tests
-
Is it worrying that I now know the phone number for RM QCA helpdesk off the top of my head?!?
-
ooh... having great fun with this crud here... we've imported pupils the way it says to using Census file and it put the wrong first names with the last names - about 20hours til the GCSE requires this working and I'm nowhere again!!!
-
as long as you pay for the SA every year then you get it - you loose all rights to the software if you stop payments
-
to get the SA eliment of the VL schools agreement you are required to pay for 5 server licences for servers on schools agreement. also you will only have licence to upgrade to the latest version on school agreement (or SA) Volume Licences - other VL's only allow you to upgrade to the latest version of windows at the time of purchase
-
Microsoft HAVE comfirmed that it will release in October I hope to have SA in place and see how things go with App-V if we have it in time - like GATT we're going for complete rebuild in summer and having the option of Win7 or XP would be good
-
when are you rolling out across the school?
-
As Hitachi HDD's are just renamed IBM Deathstars then I will never touch one as the deathstars had a 50% failier rate
-
How can they not be developing it any more?!?! I've got ELBS tests coming up and surely I haven't done all this work for them to pack it in?!?!
-
show off - are they all striped or half striped and half mirrored?
-
can I please point out what your link says above
-
SAMSUNG have the best results in the labs tests - just got one myself and it's good WD Green would be good in a home server with low access but other than that use Samsung F1 is best
-
Search Engines getting ready to answer questions directly - Good or Bad?
DAckroyd replied to SYNACK's topic in General Chat
Just been playing with WolframAlpha and it's cool!!! so much useless info - would be great for teachers of many subjects- 19 replies
-
- computer learning
- natural language
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I would guess at when 2011 comes out... the guy on the phone didn't sound overly like he'd heard of server 2008 I don't think
