Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Protec

Members
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Protec

  1. That pic is probably over 7 years old and the limit for contactless is £45.
  2. I have connect automatically enabled however, if there is an issue with the internet access, I have to manually connect again. Is there any way that I can truly have this connect automatically?
  3. image
  4. A recently built secondary here was built with Clevertouch panels. However, a local college has a dry wipe boards with a pull down screen and Hitachi projectors and it works perfectly. There isn't much need for every classroom to have a touchscreen when in most classrooms the touchscreen wont be used. I have also seen projectors just projecting onto a white wall in other places which also means the image can be huge.
  5. The Trust Exis is manual focus believe it or not.
  6. I got a Trust Exis webcam from eBay new.
  7. The Epson 3LCD ones are good and the lamps last a long time especially if you put it in eco mode.
  8. Why do you have 2 Domains?
  9. The posters probably wouldn't be read anyway however, I reckon a PDF with general issues and their solutions would be more successful.
  10. I had an Asus laptop back in 2014 and it sounded like a hair dryer and the fan ran at full speed almost all the time. It got roasting hot too. I was glad when I got rid of it. It ran Windows 8.1.
  11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8yLDX2y8I&
  12. Seems to be working now?
  13. Does the same for me. Seems to know my rough location too as it says "Brad Jenkins from ...".
  14. If the projector has an "auto adjust" button or similar try that. Also it will be worth checking the refresh rate setting because I have had that cause a 4:3 projector try to project in 16:9 and changing the refresh rate sorted that.
  15. Have you tried flush DNS?
  16. Thanks for the reply. The first time it happened, I was watching a Youtube video and the computer just froze and restarted but when it got to the windows logo on the black screen at boot, it just froze and the loading icon froze too. I forced the computer off and it would just freeze every time it got to the logo. My computer had never done anything like that before. In the end I formatted the SSD C Drive and restored the computer to an image I created back in 2018. It seems to be running fine now however it might not work for much longer.
  17. Scratch around it to free the splattered metal and it might allow the button to pop up.
  18. Still seems a bit unstable and after a restart it did the same thing. I have a spare SSD so if the problem continues, I'll try the other SSD.
  19. Well, it's sorted out now. After running the "Pre boot System Assessment" it found that drive 2 had issues. The computer has 2 Hard drives and 1 SSD and the 2 hard drives have bad sectors anyway so I'm not surprised it found errors. However, I don't think that was the reason the computer crashed since those drives only have pictures, etc on them so I don't think they would have brought the entire computer down. I have have drives fail in the past and they never did that. So, I'm convinced that the issue must have been on the C Drive with (SSD) and something had caused the computer to crash. On the D drive I had made an image of the PC for a restore point so the SSD was formatted and the image installed onto it. The 2 Hard Drives were untouched. I have only lost a small amount of data that wasn't backed up but the majority of my data is on the 2 hard drives and on another computer that is attached to the network.
  20. I was on my computer and it froze and the sound “froze” too. The PC rebooted and gets stuck at the start up screen. There was no blue screen so haven’t really got any idea what is the cause straight away. I’ll get to troubleshooting!
  21. Maybe try a wireless solution or just run another cable to the projector and change the input when needed.
  22. Does Xerox?
×
×
  • Create New...