edie209 Posted February 6, 2013 Posted February 6, 2013 I am in need of some help. I have a problem with SMART board orientation, in that staff are being prevented from saving the config. I know that its down to a group policy and I know its down to the user section of the policy. I have copied the original policy and I am slowly working through removing sections but with no luck as to finding what the issue is. I know it the user section because I have disabled this section and SMART board orientation works, when go into SMART board control panel / about software and product support / Diagnostics I can see the error a section of which is below. I have removed Security Settings completely and I still get the error anyone have an idea where the policy that is preventing orientation from saving? 127: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (FlowControl). Reason: (Access is denied. ).128: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (BluewavePenAction). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 129: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (BluewaveRoomControlBtnApp). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 130: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (Allow80PtOrient). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 131: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (DisplayForceOff). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 132: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (EdgeOrientEnable). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 133: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (EdgeOrientUSBSerialNumber). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 134: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (AirlinerTemplate). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 135: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (AirlinerCenterColor). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 136: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (AirlinerBorderColor). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 137: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (AirlinerBackgroundColor). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 138: (2/6 11:37:52) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (BoardStatus). Reason: (Access is denied. ). 139: (2/6 11:37:52) - SMART Board (0x1) - on USB: Serial Number:M06250550 140: (2/6 11:37:53) - SMART Board (0x1) - on USB: Hardware Model: SC9. 141: (2/6 11:37:53) - ERROR: Failed to write registry entry (BoardStatus). Reason: (Access is denied. ).
Oaktech Posted February 6, 2013 Posted February 6, 2013 (edited) we do a registry permission set in the machine section of GPO on the following keys and all subkeys: Machine\software\smart technologies : everyone full control Machine\software\smart technologies inc. : everyone full control Users\. default\software\smart technologies : everyone full control USERS\S-1-5-21-2862815395-419713644-544625932-1167\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SMART Technologies : everyone full control USERS\S-1-5-21-2862815395-419713644-544625932-1167\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SMART Technologies Inc : everyone full control USERS\S-1-5-21-2862815395-419713644-544625932-1167_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SMART Technologies : everyone full control USERS\S-1-5-21-2862815395-419713644-544625932-1167_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SMART Technologies Inc. : everyone full control Your user section may be failing to set permissions because as as far as I was aware it ran the policy in the users context and restricted users are unlikely to be able to set the machine level key permissions. It may be more reliable to use a SetACL script as a startup on those keys. Edited February 6, 2013 by Oaktech
edie209 Posted February 6, 2013 Author Posted February 6, 2013 Thank for your reply I have different reg entries to you as below MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SMART TechnologiesMACHINE\SOFTWARE\SMART Technologies Inc. USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\SMART Technologies USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\SMART Technologies Inc. USERS\S-1-5-21-4153847986-3925515210-898707684-6992\Software\SMART Technologies Inc. they were all set as staff full control I changed them to everyone full control however I still get the same results
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now