FN-GM Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 Hi, Stupid question time!!! I have a AsteriskNow box. I need to get into it from a windows box and do a few bits. How do i this please? Thanks Z
Steve21 Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 Into it how? Like remote files? Or VNC/RD? Steve
FN-GM Posted February 4, 2013 Author Posted February 4, 2013 I need something like FTP that kind of thing so i can upload downlaod and rename. with putty i just get onto the cli...
crt404 Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 Personally I use WinSCP to get into my linux boxes from Windows.
CyberNerd Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 I need something like FTP that kind of thing so i can upload downlaod and rename. with putty i just get onto the cli... that is scp - or winscp for windows.
FN-GM Posted February 4, 2013 Author Posted February 4, 2013 Is there anything needing to be done on the server please? Do i use SFTP, SCP or FTP. Thanks
Ashm Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 Assuming SSH is enabled, you can use SFTP. I use Filezilla to do this which works quite well.
3s-gtech Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 I do most things in WinSCP, you can easily launch Putty within it for when you need the shell.
cpjitservices Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 +1 for WinSCP - Aslong as SSH is enabled and allowed through your firewall you should be good to go!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now