Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Congratulations Simon, whats your new role within the LEA?

 

On antoher note I noticed that you have "The Life Channel" in school. Has it gone down well within school? The deputy head here mentioned it to me, but it didn't look very exciting when i've read up on it.

 

Thanks

Posted
Congratulations Simon, whats your new role within the LEA?

 

On another note I noticed that you have "The Life Channel" in school. Has it gone down well within school? The deputy head here mentioned it to me, but it didn't look very exciting when i've read up on it.

 

Thanks

 

Thanks! I'm going to ITSS - 8O - As a Support and Development Officer. So I get to turn up at schools unanounced, bugger up all your stuff, and then leave you with the mess! :lol:

 

Seriously though I'm hoping that it will be a good opportunity for me.

 

As for the life channel, its nothing special, personally I wouldn't pay for it if you have too. We had it installed for free as we were the first school to get it done.

 

To summarise my feelings - Life Channel = expensive digital signage.

Posted
Congratulations Simon, whats your new role within the LEA?

 

On another note I noticed that you have "The Life Channel" in school. Has it gone down well within school? The deputy head here mentioned it to me, but it didn't look very exciting when i've read up on it.

 

Thanks

 

Thanks! I'm going to ITSS - 8O - As a Support and Development Officer. So I get to turn up at schools unanounced, bugger up all your stuff, and then leave you with the mess! :lol:

 

Seriously though I'm hoping that it will be a good opportunity for me.

 

As for the life channel, its nothing special, personally I wouldn't pay for it if you have too. We had it installed for free as we were the first school to get it done.

 

To summarise my feelings - Life Channel = expensive digital signage.

 

Yes, I thought you must have moved to the other side!!!

 

As regards to the life channel, from reading the literature I felt exactly what you said about it. I think its been one of those things that the Deputy Head sees and decides she likes but has no real idea of the cost until the invoice arrives through the post.

 

We already have digital signage around the school which we are happy with, so I had no intention of getting it in anyway :-)

 

Good luck in your new role.

Posted

Good luck simon

 

Perhaps one of the first jobs would be to ensure that the links on the job advert to the school website point to the right pages :roll:

 

Looks like it will be a decent post for someone to move into.

 

all the best

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...